Doll10 Beauty TSV 03/02/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine has arrived, I already have the foundation, concealer and brow product so it's the blush and mascara that I'll road test today. I don't use a flat foudation brush for applying foundation, I prefer a fluffier kabuki for buffing to blend, so I use the flat foundation brushes I own (including a 15 year old Smashbox one), for applying creme blushers and it gives a lighter buildable application.

BRB when I've tested the mascara.

is it possible to check if the Hydragel foundation is the same, texture, coverage and ingredient-wiseGainst the one who have from previous purchase ?
i know it ought to be ....

And another request from me, if possible to compare the shades of Fair Drops from another TSV and Fair Hydragel? The drops were too yellow for me and I'm hoping that Hydragel is lighter in colour and hopefully suitable for pink undertones like Doris said.
BTW this kit is 'no longer available'

And another request from me, if possible to compare the shades of Fair Drops from another TSV and Fair Hydragel? The drops were too yellow for me and I'm hoping that Hydragel is lighter in colour and hopefully suitable for pink undertones like Doris said.
BTW this kit is 'no longer available'

Why is it, I wonder, that so many brands have yellow tones to their palest foundations. I daren't count the money I've wasted over the years buying the palest shade of lots of foundations only to find that they give me a jaundiced yellow cast. They always look dirty on me. The Drops Fair is very yellow & too dark on me
Does anyone other than BM Fair make one that is very pale but neutral or even a pink undertone? LG Porcelain is the next nearest I've found but even that can depend on how much beige each pan contains.

Mally's foundations are all yellow based, I tested when at beauty bash last year so saved myself money trying it over the post.
Should have gone this year but couldn't have been bothered. It saves the postage money but I was buying very little last year and thought there was nothing else I'd be interested in except the products I buy regularly. Then LG formula changed and I'm now trying other brands.

Joan Collins foundation comes in light, medium & dark with warm & cool options in each. I got a sampler with them all on when I recently ordered a lipstick. I'll see if I've still got it, and if so, you're welcome to have it Marina.

Joan Collins foundation comes in light, medium & dark with warm & cool options in each. I got a sampler with them all on when I recently ordered a lipstick. I'll see if I've still got it, and if so, you're welcome to have it Marina.

It's very kind of you Pick-a-Lily and thank you for the offer, you just reminded me that I may have it too in the beauty bash bag that I haven't touched for over a year, so I'll go and have a look )))

The more I read this thread the more naffed off I get that I missed this TSV. lol!

Last edited:
LG Porcelain is the next nearest I've found but even that can depend on how much beige each pan contains.
Absolutely, I'm fed up having to put up with different shades of Porcelain. I suppose it is possible to mix it to a consistent uniform colour with all the six pigments there that makes it so special. I also started noticing that talk in it dries my skin especially around the eyes and makes me look older. I'm struggling with bnb from the most resent TSV as it doesn't have the usual good coverage, so I end up puting more, and this makes my skin look greyish.

It's very kind of you Pick-a-Lily and thank you for the offer, you just reminded me that I may have it too in the beauty bash bag that I haven't touched for over a year, so I'll go and have a look )))
I've had a look, and unfortunately it looks like I've chucked mine out. Sorry about that. I hope you found you had one yourself, or perhaps you could contact the distributor and ask for one?

Some of the Tarte foundations have cooler undertones, as well as are Minerals which has already been mentioned. The Doll 10 "light"is a good shade on me as I am more of a neutral with a hint of yellow tone. Bare Minerals "light"is now far too yellow on me, as is Mally these days. I am using a Doll 10, Bare Minerals and Tarte one at the moment and they are all fine.

Anyone else think the Doll10 foundation brush is rubbish. It looks fab when new but after use all the bristles clump together and the brush head goes out of shape and collapses.

Anyone else think the Doll10 foundation brush is rubbish. It looks fab when new but after use all the bristles clump together and the brush head goes out of shape and collapses.

Yes, although I only used it a couple of times I didn't like the finish, but may be it was the foundation and not the brush, and also a lot of foundation goes into the brush. I know people love this brush just wasn't for me or perhaps I need to try it again if it's in a kit that I may order .

I received my TSV in Fair this morning and tried the foundation straight away for a colour match.
It comes out the tube distinctly yellow but once buffed on the skin it becomes porcelain and I’m relieved and delighted that it’s seems a perfect colour match for me (at this moment) and it wasn’t anywhere near as yellow as the Drops in Fair.
In terms of coverage it doesn’t do what it did on TV unless you apply a huge amount. Another thing is the tiny tube feels half full.
I shall be trying the whole kit tomorrow morning when getting ready for work.

Very interesting that the foundation isn't as yellow as the Drops Fair one. You'd think Fair would be Fair would be Fair in the same brand!
The Drops is too yellow for me, that was the reason I didn't order this one!

Latest posts

Back