Doll 10 TSV 16/07/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'll look forward to this one but if they include the foundation I hope they've changed the packaging.

There's a Judith Williams mini series on the third, fourth and fifth of August, it says on curabeauty.com for any JW fans.

The dropper is a bit hit and miss. I found the best approach is to squeeze the air out of the dropper's bulb away from the surface of the liquid, otherwise is blows the foundation out of reach and doesn't suck up enough. I hope that makes sense. Otherwise I just use what's coated on the outside of the dropper. Love the foundation though.

Yep it's a useless dropper. Has anyone tried decanting it into another bottle perhaps with a pump?

I don't mind the dropper, used to giving dog meds with one:mysmilie_1:
What I was disappointed with was how yellow the palest shade was.

Love the foundation. The dropper is hit and miss but it's easy to get it to work again if you squeeze the air out first. A single drop does the whole face it's fantastic. Better than any other liquid foundation Q sell IMO.

I love the foundation, wearing it now with the cream blush and it looks really nice. I do find the dropper very frustrating to use. When Doris was on QVC recently she commented on this problem saying it is because her foundation is so concentrated. I understand that but why doesn't she just put it in a tube?

Still, it's the best foundation for me.

I'll definitely consider buying this TSV, depending on the contents. I notice she's brought out a "universal" shade of her brow product, maybe that would be a good product for a TSV if it avoids lots of colour options. It was in an OTO recently but I resisted because I still have 1 new and half a used pot of the original blonde and about half a pot of the grey which both work well for me. The Tarte brow pot and brush are pretty good too but the Doll10 one seems to work best on creating convincing brows where I have none. Her lipsticks are good, softer colours than the excellent Joan Collins ones but all very wearable on me.

I love the foundation too but, like others, find the dropper is the one drawback. Initially it worked fine but, as the level of the foundation dropped, the dropper was more inclined to puff out air than the product. Then last week the dropper went squiffy and worked its way out of the lid and deposited foundation inside my make up bag. The bonus is that the make up bag now has a lovely dewy 'complexion.'

I will definitely decant the foundation into something else, when it arrives, as I've just re-ordered it. At the moment I'm applying it by tipping the bottle up to get at the last few drops.

I bought 1 bottle of the fair, liked it, panicked that (like so many Q foundations) it would be changed in some way the next time it appeared - so bought a second bottle from eBay. One dropper works. The other just makes rude noises.

Horrified to discover that they were different colours! Bottle 2 was darker.

Then I wore it solidly for a week (bottle 1) before catching sight of myself in a mirror at work, and thinking 'yuk! Your skin looks like plastic'

Haven't worn it since.

Sigh. One of my MANY foundation disasters...

I bought 1 bottle of the fair, liked it, panicked that (like so many Q foundations) it would be changed in some way the next time it appeared - so bought a second bottle from eBay. One dropper works. The other just makes rude noises.

Horrified to discover that they were different colours! Bottle 2 was darker.

Then I wore it solidly for a week (bottle 1) before catching sight of myself in a mirror at work, and thinking 'yuk! Your skin looks like plastic'

Haven't worn it since.

Sigh. One of my MANY foundation disasters...

When it looked plastic did you have the primer drops?

Reminds me of the faff with Models Prefer colour matching, dial turning, awkward working, foundation that they had to put a note in to inform buyers of the way to work it. It looked like I'd dipped my face in oily water, not a good look. They sold refills for the contraption too! :mysmilie_476:

When it looked plastic did you have the primer drops?

Hi,

No, cos I've never used the primer drops. But will have primed with either Mally or LG's spackle, and I always have either bare minerals mineral veil, or Mally's poreless face defender - because I always pick from them.

And I do have oily skin, so that will have made a difference. But it really did look plasticky.

I am always nervous of trying any of the foundations, except the Laura Geller.

I think it would be a great idea if QVC did a set of mini-sizes of different foundations across their brands within a shade bracket - so people could try out and get an idea which brand, shade and texture would suit better. Not so important for those brands which are on sale on the DHS, but so many of them aren't. If the p&p wasn't so ridiculous, it wouldn't be such a big deal... Or if they did a mini-size with each foundation so you could try the mini rather than the big size, so you could be sure it's worth opening the big size.

I think QVC US include beauty samples with orders, surely it's make sense to boost sales and reduces returns? Maybe the initiative has to come from the vendor because Liz Earle used to include sachets of all 3 Skin Tints to test before opening the one ordered which seemed very sensible. I really like the texture of the Joan Collins foundation but sadly it's too dark and yellow for me, even the Fair Cool option.

Latest posts

Back