Doll 10 TSV 16/07/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looks like a good set. I presume the brush is for the foundation. Hope Doris is coming over to launch it. With the absence of Laura Geller from the LG TSV, it would seem we can't bank on seeing the US guests for TSVs anymore...

Looks like a good set. I presume the brush is for the foundation. Hope Doris is coming over to launch it. With the absence of Laura Geller from the LG TSV, it would seem we can't bank on seeing the US guests for TSVs anymore...

it will be Doris as shes the only one who has ever brought that brand to Q but the reason why Laura dont come over is a lot more complicated

it will be Doris as shes the only one who has ever brought that brand to Q but the reason why Laura dont come over is a lot more complicated

Laura came over for the last TSV, so is it something that's happened since? Is it to do with the investors in her company, or is this the wonders of QVC contract renewals and their demands for time commitments (like Leighton Denny)?

A lipstick that isn't a nude, rejoice!

I've always liked Doris and her products seem good, I just wish they had a bit more "oomph" colour wise, so I like the look of this TSV with some colour in the lipstick and blush.

Can any Doris pros tell me - I have pinky blue undertones porcelain skin (fair in bareminerals, porcelain in balance and brighten, calico in no7 etc). Is Doris' fair foundation and concealer going to work for me? So many U.S. brands' lightest shades still have yellow undertones.

Can any Doris pros tell me - I have pinky blue undertones porcelain skin (fair in bareminerals, porcelain in balance and brighten, calico in no7 etc). Is Doris' fair foundation and concealer going to work for me? So many U.S. brands' lightest shades still have yellow undertones.

I wear LG Porcelain and ordered the last Doll10 TSV in the lightest shade.I found it too yellow based for my skintone with no pink undertones.
I also found it oily but this may be good for dry skins, mine is combination. I found concealer and blusher greasy too but I know that other forum mates loved the last Doll10 TSV. All in all it didn't suit me so back it went and I concluded that this brand at present wasn't for me.

There's a "Fair" shade in the Doll10 Foundation drops which should be ok for you, it is more neutral and less yellow than most QVC foundations. My only tips are; shake the bottle well every time, the dropper is a bit hit and miss, and a little goes a long way but gives good coverage. The TSV looks good, very similar to the last one but looks, from the photos, as though it includes the Conceal-It compact as well as the foundation so it should sell well. Oh and the brushes are very good.

I'm tempted enought to consider breaking my no buy rule for TSVs with foundation... I'm fair in Laura Geller B&B. I'm fairly medium (pink-toned, not sold by QVC) in Bare Minerals. I also have fair in Charlotte Tilbury. I'm nervous of going for Fair in case it's too pale, or Light in case it's too yellow... any recommendations on the Medium - is it yellowy or neutral or pinky? I could probably get away with a neutral toned foundation, but not a yellow-toned one.

I can wear the Fair and the Light Doll10 one but I think the Fair looks better. I can wear Fairly Light and Medium in BM or Fair in Laura Geller's B&B. It's a minefield buying foundation. I like the texture of the Joan Collins base but even the FairCool is too dark and too yellow for my skin and I'm not alabaster pale by any means. One of the best matches to my skin is Avon's "Shell" shade, but the online swatches aren't very accurate. Clear as mud then!

hi Alicox, good to see a new poster. I's worth checking the link SCW posted as sometimes the TSV goes "live" on the Q website, very briefly before the TSV day. It really helps me decide whether or not to buy having a preview of the contents and price before the presenters start brainwashing me into buying!

I probably shouldn't buy this, I've got 2 of the foundations (Fair & Light) and I bought the duo of the huge concealer, which could well outlive me as I haven't finished the first one I bought yet! The lippy and blush look good colours...hmmm...what to do.

I'm not a Doris pro, the TSV was the first thing I'd ever bought in the range, but you wear exactly the same colours of foundation that I do, Ellaaa. I was tested as Calico with the Boots thingy, bought it. I do find it just a little bit too dark.
The Doll Fair I find ok. It's a teeny bit more yellow but fine if I don't use too much & gives a nice colour for summer, not tangoed at all which a lot of high street foundations are for me.
Not sure about this upcoming TSV. I already have the full bottle of foundation from the last one & the lipstick colour looks a bit dark & purple for me. But I could be tempted by another brush & concealer.

Photo of the TSV...

11745707_814075548712547_4552993378910045900_n.jpg

I'm tempted enought to consider breaking my no buy rule for TSVs with foundation... I'm fair in Laura Geller B&B. I'm fairly medium (pink-toned, not sold by QVC) in Bare Minerals. I also have fair in Charlotte Tilbury. I'm nervous of going for Fair in case it's too pale, or Light in case it's too yellow... any recommendations on the Medium - is it yellowy or neutral or pinky? I could probably get away with a neutral toned foundation, but not a yellow-toned one.
Hi Maymorganlondon sounds as though we have that same problems with foundation colours --the dreaded yellow tones!I use LG B&B in Fair but even with that could do with a touch more pink.I got the Bare Minerals 'Elation' compact which is like a light blusher & dust that over any foundation.I don't order foundations from Q any more because of this problem & I think the US based ranges are the worst?

Latest posts

Back