Do any of you like the fashion on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I buy "birkis" from QVC - I prefer cotton/linen material for dresses etc. All this polyester, clingy stuff reminds me of "crimpelene" from far too many years ago. The fashion seems to be so American led - as mentioned earlier what about some British names?

enjoying this thread, it's really interesting reading. I am a fan of natural fibres so that rules out most fashion on QVC for me, also I like to see and touch a garment before I buy it. I guess that as I have go older I have lost my way a bit style wise, can't get away with a lot of high street stuff but not yet ready to embrace beige and "comfort" fit . In fact my sister and I have an arrangement that if one of us appears in a calf length pleated skirt teamed with an off white quilted anorak the other one shoots her!!! Joking apart the dresses that Q sells are too short for me, I have never liked my knees and there is no way I would show them these days.

I buy work stuff from Matalan and Asda and go to Debenhams or Next if I am looking for going out things. I have had and loved a Centigrade coat from Q but all my other fashion purchases have either been retuned or ended up at the charity shop.

enjoying this thread, it's really interesting reading. I am a fan of natural fibres so that rules out most fashion on QVC for me, also I like to see and touch a garment before I buy it. I guess that as I have go older I have lost my way a bit style wise, can't get away with a lot of high street stuff but not yet ready to embrace beige and "comfort" fit . In fact my sister and I have an arrangement that if one of us appears in a calf length pleated skirt teamed with an off white quilted anorak the other one shoots her!!! Joking apart the dresses that Q sells are too short for me, I have never liked my knees and there is no way I would show them these days.

I buy work stuff from Matalan and Asda and go to Debenhams or Next if I am looking for going out things. I have had and loved a Centigrade coat from Q but all my other fashion purchases have either been retuned or ended up at the charity shop.

Just a thought but I don't suppose M & Co have an online shop do they? If you like their things it may be worth checking out if they have an online option & if so do they do reasonable p&p & free returns?

M& Co do have an online shop- I have ordered from them a few times for me snd my children. I can't remember but I think postage was free for orders over a certain amount. As I didn't return anything I don't know if the returns are free or not.

Clothing is very much personal taste, wear what you like and buy from where you like. I have bought from several QVC ranges, usually off of ebay as the prices are much better. I wear those garments with others I buy from small boutiques and enjoy doing so.

Ladies thanks for all the replies I have really enjoyed reading them all. Unfortunatly my home town only has House of Fraser/mands/monsoon/bhs/evans/newly opened romans/wallis. I did try and spend some money in Romans yesterday, but their stuff all seemed to be sparkly christmas stuff-not what I want now.....
I will carry on reading this site incase anything else catches my eye.
Footwear......finish up with....I am a size 4, extra extra wide......gave up on shoe shops a long long time ago...I usually get mine from a cat....ecco fits, but they are expensive.....

No.
Many years ago on two occasions I bought two coats. I still wear them. One a leather 3/4 length coat(I think on the model it was a car coat length, but I am only 5ft 1 and 1/2 inches). The other was tweed like design thing.

i need some smart casual stuff as i have put on some weight for a short break with my girls. in my mail order catalogue i got some modern, reasonably good quality tops,cardigans, leather look jeans,jeggings for average priced of £10 a piece some just £5. i was able to buy everything in multiple sizes,try it on at home,free delivery,free returns a non brainer really, i also treated myself to some ugg bailey over the knee boots in black for around half price to pep up my cheaper bits and pieces. free delivery in one day. lands end had a 50% sale on and i had a 25% code off that. bought a long down coat that for £37. beautiful quality and delivered two days later with a lifetime guarantee. qvc does not seem able to match this

catalogue

BonMarché Spring catalogue received today. Free p&p, code CATPNP. 100% viscose dresses, 41", £14 for example. Nice casual clothes, good prices. I will definitely be keeping this catalogue. Nightshirts, 2 for £16. :wink:

I joined last week and made some comment about some of the fashions ,and somebody said stand by for the flack

Didn't mean to frighten you scaredlady! :giggle:

As long as you love what you buy and it makes you feel good, doesn't really matter what others think. I buy tops, Tshirts and the odd pair of trousers occasionally, and I love Sketchers shoes.

I came across a Matalan for the first time today and bought a snazzy coat in my favourite colour. I shall visit them again! :up:

I like Bonmarche for tops as well.

Last edited:
Does it still have pompoos clothes in Bonmarche (or Harold's range if it's not called pompoos)?

Jude xx

Like Charlie, I go to Woolovers for jumpers/cardigans etc. Fabulous prices, all natural fabrics and best of all made in Britain. Can't beat them!

this site looks very interesting - like the choice of colours.

can you give any indication of the merits or otherwise of the different yarns:mysmilie_504:

Does it still have pompoos clothes in Bonmarche (or Harold's range if it's not called pompoos)?

Jude xx

I've not seen pompoos in Bonmarche, didnt know it was sold in there, only David Emanuel range

I had a Centigrade water-resistant coat. After the first washing, it wasn't water-resistant at all. 'course I didn't wash it 'til after the mbg!

I had a Centigrade water-resistant coat. After the first washing, it wasn't water-resistant at all. 'course I didn't wash it 'til after the mbg!

Dry cleaners used to "re-proof" raincoats - don't suppose anyone does it nowadays because of Elf'nSafety reasons.

you can reproof the coat yourself. just buy a can of scotchguard. take the coat outside and spray away.

Latest posts

Back