Do any of you like the fashion on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

scaredlady

Registered Shopper
Hi :hi:
I joined last week and made some comment about some of the fashions ,and somebody said stand by for the flack. I didn't get any, but have been reading back on previous postings.
Do any of you like the fashions?
I am very careful about what I buy, but I do have Indigo Moon, Dreamkeeper, Berek,Very Volbracht,Michelle Hope. Now reading the postings from the past on here I am obviously the height of bad taste.
None of the items I have purchased are over the top...some of the brands above I look at and think what???. I do not hand wash. After I have worn an item a couple of time, I handwash, to see if colour runs etc..if not, then into net bags and 30degree wash from then on in.
I do cruise and some of them do join me. I would hope I do not look like a hopeless monstrosity in them. I am usually complemented on my choice. With the Very Volbracht I have actually seen someone in the black oriental cocoon top. She looked very elegant.
What do you ladies wear if you want to go out somewhere posh for the evening. From what I can see in the shops I can fully understand why people are not buying it.

I try to be the height of bad taste as much as possible scaredlady, hence I wear Susan Graver, Kim & Co, Michele Hope, Renee and Antthony on an almost daily basis. Strangely I invariably get compliments from work colleagues when I wear a new piece too, so clearly being in bad taste is very much in vogue. Have never tried to be "in fashion" in my life and choose my clothes for their comfort, washability and, most importantly, their non-ironability. I literally haven't plugged an iron in for at least three years, and intend to keep it that way. Couldn't care less what other people think, I'm happy with my clothes!

Why don't you get some Diane Gilman jeans, a Quacker Factory jumper and some Kirk's Folly jewellery!?

For me it's the p & p charges that put me off with the fashion. I ordered 3 pairs of trousers (over several weeks) and had to send them all back. Either the material was awful or they were not the measurements as described on air. I can go into M & S, buy a pair of trousers knowing they will fit and it will still cost me less than QVC. I buy tops from Debenhams, Bon Marche and Asda. I get free p & p with Debenhams and either return items by free courier or instore. With Asda I get to have a good look at the item instore and very rarely have to return something, then it's usually because of a slight sizing issue, they do come up larger than other stores. The items I have liked on QVC are expensive and out of my price bracket.
As for clothes to go out in, very sad I know but I don't dress up to go out very often.. Having said that, I do not look a scruff when going out somewhere nice but I don't do all this glitz and glamour stuff and I don't cruise, which seems to get mentioned an awful lot on QVC.

I would like to go on a cruise ship but they all seem to cater for the retirement bracket which isn't me at all :( I'd like to do a short Mediterranean cruise or an action adventure holiday!

No. It's aimed at the American market with patterns and colours that don't seem to me (put those arrows down!) quite right for grey days over here.

I used to like Tianna B and Roni Nicole but the latest offerings from them have been disappointing. I like Yong Kim but its to expensive.
Apart from that i don't like many.of the clothes.Too flouncy,frumpy and expensive.
I prefer the high st as they do petite sizes,i can try the clothes on and its not all prints. Walls and Zara are my favourites.

Don't worry what any of us think,if you like it that's all that matters.

I've never bought fashion from Qvc ~ I shop Zara, Monsoon, Coast, White Stuff and Fat face amongst others. Nothing at Qvc has ever tempted me.

I mainly buy from Hobbs and Boden, apart from trousers, I always get trousers from Next (they always seem to fit my thighs without gaping too much at the waist. Oh and woolovers for jumpers. I do have some Kim and Co trousers and I do like them for work and some of the earlier Tirana B dresses.

I'm deffo a high street shopper when it comes to clobber. Karen Millen, Ted Baker, the odd dress from Jane Norman & I have to say Dorothy Perkins Kardashian range was superb, bought quite a bit in their Jan sale, fabulous fit, quality & amazing prices! Shoes would be Nine West, Kurt Geiger & Clarks, they've really come on in the last couple of years, very pretty well fitted pumps & courts.

The Q clothes don't really appeal to me however I love Diane Gilman jeans, excellent fit & they do short leg sizes in a few styles. (Be warned her black ones fade pretty quickly tho).

Nothing wrong with wearing what you want Scaredlady, what suits one won't suit another. I have to mention also that the p&p is VERY offputting for me with Q! I ordered 3 pairs of DG jeans in one order, came to about £15 p&p & had to send 2 pairs back, made the pair I kept very expensive! Especially when you consider most retailers offer free or very reasonable flat rate p&p per order and a free returns label too! THINK ON QVC PLEASE!

Like Charlie, I go to Woolovers for jumpers/cardigans etc. Fabulous prices, all natural fabrics and best of all made in Britain. Can't beat them!

That makes a change to find anything made in GB.

I agree - it's one of a few reasons I wouldn't clothes shop on QVC (also p&p, returns costs, US styles which are a so different to ours). Why can't they have more British designers? Do they have any, apart from Skinny and Trewsanna?

I agree - it's one of a few reasons I wouldn't clothes shop on QVC (also p&p, returns costs, US styles which are a so different to ours). Why can't they have more British designers? Do they have any, apart from Skinny and Trewsanna?
Totally agree Andi! Q could have been massive in the clothing market, they had every opportunity! Instead we seem to get the QVC USA cast offs/excess stock, looks that way to me anyway. Oh & the p&p per item & no flat rate per order is a joke!

I have some clothes from QVC. I've one or two pieces from a few different ranges but that's the same as my shopping on the high street. I buy a top or a dress from this shop, that shop and the other. I don't just by from one shop or range.

I can't imagine buying jeans from QVC. The fit has to be perfect and I wouldn't know where to start. I'd waste so much in postage.

I wear dresses for work and I have a few QVC ones that I wash and wear but thinking about it I haven't bought any dresses for a while. I also have work dresses from Monsoon, M&S, Dotty P and Wallis.

I buy less clothes now than I've done in the past. Paying postage to try something on puts me right off. I tend to stick with brands I've already bought so I can guesstimate the fit.

For the most part I stick with wardrobe basics and then use accessories to ring the changes.

I had two Tiana B dresses from Q and they are great. Otherwise I go to M & S, debenhams and used to like M & Co had a couple of dresses online which was good as if I didn't like them I could take them back to my local store, but they closed down in Jan, the nearest store now is just too far.

Totally agree Andi! Q could have been massive in the clothing market, they had every opportunity! Instead we seem to get the QVC USA cast offs/excess stock, looks that way to me anyway. Oh & the p&p per item & no flat rate per order is a joke!

A flat fee is a great idea. As someone else said, and we savvy shoppers all know, almost no online clothing retailers charge more than about £5 for p&p if they charge at all. If they do charge, they are more likely to offer free p&p on larger orders and yet the bigger your QVC order, the (massively) more postage you pay. It doesn't make sense.

Hi Scaredlady, I've got a couple of early Tianna B and Ronni Nichol dresses, and some tops, boleros and dresses from Kim & Co. Kim in particular is good for things to wear in the office especially her tops which jazz up a boring suit jacket, they're also brilliant for travelling - not an iron in sight. Like LEL I think TB and RN have lost their way a little recently.

Diane Gilman are my jeans of choice as they are so comfortable to wear and like Nikki said they are brilliant for those of us that are vertically challenged!!

Latest posts

Back