Diet TSV at the end of August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry I'm on a rant now....... LOL
Having once spent a year attending a slimming world weekly class (a diet which I think is great BTW), I realise now it didnt teach me anything about food per se. It didnt teach me anything about calories, or about portion sizes, and the reason I loved it then was because being veggie I could eat as much pasta as I wanted, which literally meant for me having as much pasta or potatoes as I wanted. All it taught me was to cut out groups of food in order to lose weight (and supplement it with tiny bits of the cut out groups). So of course, once you stop that then you continue with the massive portions but adding in all the bits you missed.

Of course any diet will make you initially put on some weight once you stop until you find your balance, and you are right it is about the long term rules you have been taught, but already in this very short time I have learnt new things. On the surface it looks like packet foods (well it is), but strangly enough it makes you really look and analyse your usual diet.

Over the years I've lost nearly four stone, recently put on 10lbs, which is why I decided to give this a go. I'm a size 12 when I've lost this last 5lbs (lost 5lbs already with DC), well I'm a size 12 now but a little tight, will be perfect when last bit is gone. I was a size 18 some years ago.

You say about the likes of SW cutting down on various food groups in order to lose weight, but on diet chef, I can't see anywhere where it allows you to have a sandwich, a glass of wine, something on toast...am I missing something? I hope this doesn't sound rude, as is isn't meant to, but apart from picking up on DC saying that you can drop a day here and there, is that where a little bit of what you fancy comes into it? Personally, I prefer the idea of my treats being actually incorporated into my eating plan 'cause to me, that makes it totally sustainable. I'm really glad to hear you're doing well on it, and I think you sound like a lass with a lot of common sense, and will manage to maintain your goal, however I think quite a lot of people will fall at the first hurdle

i still cannot believe that people are prepared to pay £160 for dried nonsense.
go to your gp and you may find that most health authorities hold healthy eating classes where you can support each other not by spending money yet again on some money making scam!

You say about the likes of SW cutting down on various food groups in order to lose weight, but on diet chef, I can't see anywhere where it allows you to have a sandwich, a glass of wine, something on toast...am I missing something? I hope this doesn't sound rude, as is isn't meant to, but apart from picking up on DC saying that you can drop a day here and there, is that where a little bit of what you fancy comes into it? Personally, I prefer the idea of my treats being actually incorporated into my eating plan 'cause to me, that makes it totally sustainable. I'm really glad to hear you're doing well on it, and I think you sound like a lass with a lot of common sense, and will manage to maintain your goal, however I think quite a lot of people will fall at the first hurdle

In a way you are right, it is a plan, but there is some flexibility in it as long as you are aware of your calories, and low GI (if that is important to you). Some days I have had a graze box as I enjoy them and feel that they are a treat, and I've just totted up the food values in them with the aid of food focus to keep track of my calories. Also the other day I had some pasta and cheese sauce as my hubby was having that, but again I really looked at the portion size and the calories that I put into the sauce (I make my own from scratch).

I have averaged on around 1141 cals per day overall in the two weeks I have been doing it, some days slightly over other slightly under (never by more than 100 cals each way apart from the day I had the blip and got a take away! LOL).

On the whole I have stuck to the plan, but really feel that I am learning new things.

you could always buy a Ijoy ride instead of the TSV food diet cos its fun!!!!! ( just a thought lol)

go to your gp and you may find that most health authorities hold healthy eating classes where you can support each other not by spending money yet again on some money making scam!

The food isn't dried, I'm confused by what you mean.

I think that's a bit harsh tbh, the stuff isn't crap, it's good quality stuff which can be bought in most good supermarkets. I think the only misleading bit,( I wouldn't go as far to call it a scam) is that they're not touting as just a quick fix, and are encouraging folk who have a few stone to lose as opposed to a few pounds to consider signing up to a year's supply. I can see that it would be very handy, and could suit many people's lifestyles, but as I keep saying, I can't see it as a serious alternative to SW or WW for instance.

I think the worst "diet" I've ever seen is lighterlife...you literally pay through the nose and don't even eat solid food for months on end, that can't be that safe, or sustainable.

i am suffering with menopause midriff (strangley my midriff start at my neck and ends at me knees, :grin: i have lovely slim calves)

i was thinking off ordering this, but my mum said save your money and spend it on kim and co bedding, guaranteed to make you sweat away a stone per week.

feel a corneto craving comin on

:giggle:

good luck to all those of you who have ordered

I think the worst "diet" I've ever seen is lighterlife...you literally pay through the nose and don't even eat solid food for months on end, that can't be that safe, or sustainable.

absolutely right Merryone....I nearly joined up for LL....I went to the introductory class, saw what it was all about and ran a mile! (didn't help that the LL class leader was VERY overweight herself!)

absolutely right Merryone....I nearly joined up for LL....I went to the introductory class, saw what it was all about and ran a mile! (didn't help that the LL class leader was VERY overweight herself!)

lol angelgab, if you can run a mile you probs dont need to diet, if i ran a mile i would need emergency prolapse surgery

I'm late to this - just seen the TSV and my goodness I would PUT ON weight if I ate all that! plus I hate porridge so I have to say that really isn't for me. Surely people can organise their own diet plan based on this if they need to? but like I say, it looks far too much food to me.

Well, I had the mushroom stroganoff with 40g of brown rice tonight. Can safely say that the presenters aren't talking carp when they say the stuff is tasty! If the stroganoff is anything to go by I am actually quite looking forward to trying the rest. I also opened the Treacle & pecan granola and tried a tiny little bit - I am already looking forward to breakfast! Will make a nice change to porridge. The ginger and oat biscuits are rather lovely too.

Still think I am going to go for it through DC themselves though - much better choice than QVC. Sod getting the same thing month after month.

I *WILL* lose weight before my holiday! I WILL!

The nutritional info for Look What We Found is here:-

https://www.lookwhatwefound.co.uk/healthyliving.html

If you register, they send you a 10% off voucher and P&P is £2.95.

They have some packs, the stdent survival one has this:-

4 Free Range Chicken and Lemon Thyme Soup
4 English Tomato with Cheviot Cheese Pesto
4 Country Cured Ham in Delicious Pea Soup
3 Mushroom Soup with a dash of Sherry
Meals:

8 Home Reared Beef Chilli Con Carne
8 Beef Bolognese with Fresh Italian Herbs
3 Traditional Pork & Herb Sausage Casserole
3 Home Reared Beef in Black Velvet Porter
3 Cumbrian Lamb Hotpot

for £80.......that seems cheper than Waitrose.......I think!

Certainly with the discount off your 1st order.

Lizis treacle & pecan granola, from the Good Carb Food Company (I buy mine from Waitrose.) its yummy

I got it in Waitrose too and it is LUSH :clapping:

Have you tried the other versions? They had pink apple and cinnamon and an organic version that seemed plainer....

Mmmmmmm......want more......

That's not so good!! :) LOL

Well, I had the mushroom stroganoff with 40g of brown rice tonight. Can safely say that the presenters aren't talking carp when they say the stuff is tasty! If the stroganoff is anything to go by I am actually quite looking forward to trying the rest. I also opened the Treacle & pecan granola and tried a tiny little bit - I am already looking forward to breakfast! Will make a nice change to porridge. The ginger and oat biscuits are rather lovely too.

Still think I am going to go for it through DC themselves though - much better choice than QVC. Sod getting the same thing month after month.

I *WILL* lose weight before my holiday! I WILL!

Choppysocks says they made an error with the mushroom stroganoff and put double cream in it. Yes that will make you lose weight.

I ate porridge for a year every morning. Sorry the thought of it now turns my stomach.

As I said on the other thread, I have type 2 diabetes and have to attend the dietian now. The worse stuff you can eat is Special K as has been said. I was told I should eat Shredded Wheat, Wheatabix, porridge or Bran Flakes. Oh and you will love this, stay away from diabete foods in all forms. They are rubbish and give you the sh*t*s. Oh and she told me you must exercise, even if it is only a long walk. I am allowed treats once a week and that includes a few glasses of wine. I was told also with all these foods its not just the fat you need to look at, even non diabetics but the sugar and the salt too. Many of these type of foods are really high in salt.

Latest posts

Back