Diet TSV at the end of August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know it does and I did take that into consideration, but she looked a heck of a lot bigger than her 'after' photo. It just makes you think 'Oh great so you lose all the weight and then put it all straight back on again.' Mind what she was wearing with all the ruffles didn't do her any favours either.

My Mum called up and cancelled her order this morning after I looked on the Diet Chef site, saw the better choices and worked out that it actually was cheaper getting it from them direct! We are now giving it thought before we decide.

Good idea Chrissi, its best if you can get a better deal to go direct. Hope your mum will be pleased with it xx

I saw some of "Look what we found" meals in Morrisons today and wondered if they were the same as Diet Chef.They didn't look very appetising.
Think I'll stick to M&S.:angel:

[/B]

Good idea Chrissi, its best if you can get a better deal to go direct. Hope your mum will be pleased with it xx

To be honest, I don't think either of us are going to bother. Smaller plates, smaller portions and moving more is definitely the way to go. It's as someone at my work keeps saying 'Losing weight is pretty easy - eat less, move more' So true. It's the shelf life that is really putting me off - what is in them that they can last in pouches for so long? Really makes you wonder.

looks are not the 'be all and end all' Dazzler :) what's inside if far more important.

well of course Mrsjames that goes without saying!!!!! That is very true and you are lucky because you have both mrsJames lovely inside and out.

i was just trying to point out that people were saying that the food costed alot of money on the tsv and I was just trying to point out that if you wanted to do any form of healthy eating it can be done cheaper, and was saying its cheaper to maintain your looks then your home referring to some people I know. xxx

imo both are as important and people react positively to nice looking people and well-mannered. i also do not see a connection bt the two...being good-looking does not provide one with the license to be nasty...nor does being well-natured gives one the entitlement to look ghastly...everything depends on choice...

but health is the relevant issue here...neither looks, nor character...

I also wanted to add, that they used "those groups" they must mean WW/Slimming World as part of the "hassle" of dieting, far less hassle one would think that having to stay in to wait for the postman, or queuing up in the post office to collect your parcel 'cause it was delivered whilst you were out. however, they did have to agree that they worked. The more I think about diet chef, the more I think that it would only be suitable as a quick..."get into that dress" fix for someone who only has a few pounds they want to shift, but even then, they'd probably be better off just sticking to well known healthy foods ie, salads, crispbreads and low calorie alternatives for a few weeks 'cause when they've reached their desired size, then surely it would be a lot lot easier to sustain, and a lot cheaper! Straightforward healthy eating doesn't have to rely upon someone else, in this case "the diet chef" choosing, preparing and portioning up your food, and bunging it in the post!

imo both are as important and people react positively to nice looking people and well-mannered. i also do not see a connection bt the two...being good-looking does not provide one with the license to be nasty...nor does being well-natured gives one the entitlement to look ghastly...everything depends on choice...

Good point, of course size and looks don't make you a nicer, or a nastier person.....but a weight loss, especially a significant one, can boost inner confidence so much, that you will come across as a happier person! I know- as I've just lost a lot of weight myself, for example, a shopping trip with my tall, slim friend now is so much more fun, rather than standing outside the changing rooms waiting for her to emerge looking a million dollars wearing something that wouldn't even go over one of my ankles, I can try on a few things myself, and think yes, I like that (If only I could afford it lol!)
I agree that good health is probably the most important reason for losing weight....but there's nothing wrong with just feeling good about yourself, 'cause it shows in your manner...you just can't help it!

Good point, of course size and looks don't make you a nicer, or a nastier person.....but a weight loss, especially a significant one, can boost inner confidence so much, that you will come across as a happier person! I know- as I've just lost a lot of weight myself, for example, a shopping trip with my tall, slim friend now is so much more fun, rather than standing outside the changing rooms waiting for her to emerge looking a million dollars wearing something that wouldn't even go over one of my ankles, I can try on a few things myself, and think yes, I like that (If only I could afford it lol!)
I agree that good health is probably the most important reason for losing weight....but there's nothing wrong with just feeling good about yourself, 'cause it shows in your manner...you just can't help it!

very well said, merryone!!! and congrats on your successful effort to lose weight! :) xxxxxx

apologies if it's already been mentioned in this thread, but I would've liked to see them offer a one week package of DC instead of a month....I know that DC sell the weekly package on their own website...it would've been good to try it out (but obviously only if it was cheaper than what DC are selling it online)

Makes me think of the diet bars sold some years back on QVC. The owner of QVC US's son came on and raved he had lost so much weight using the system. Then there was a s law suit in the US and they got done for false advertising etc. Ended in a big court case and a very heavy fine.

IMO

Looks and what you are like inside are both two different things. I wasnt making any comparision. To me everything is important as in I personally do my best in everything, but that does not mean I expect that of other people certainly not,I dont judge whatever someone else is or wants to be or their circumstances or their health. My friend is my friend no matter what as long as they are a nice person.

you can get a good looking person on the outside that is horrible inside and I stay clear of nasty folk no matter how good looking they are.

Had to laugh at the before and after pictures. of course you will look wider if you stand with your feet apart on the before pics and you will look narrower if you then put your feet together on the after pics!

Do they think we were born yesterday?

Surely, the people that have such poor diets are those on low incomes so experts tell us. those that have fair to good incomes, can if they wish choose better foods and fruit and veg, how on earth can a low income family afford £156 per person for 28 days and not including any fruit afford this. Me thinks someone is taking the p**s, buy a low fat cook book and stop being lazy. At that rate the art of cooking will be gone in 20 years and we will all be living on stuff like this. I can afford it, just but would not go near it.

Well as suspected there is no veggie option Grrrrr.

My thoughts on this diet are well documented so I wont go there again. I make lovely home cooked wholesome food on my beloved Aga, and thats the problem!!!!

I would like to applaud QVC for a really clever marketing push with this TSV. It looks lots cheaper, but only the one month supply is.(£161 vs. £195) As the AD from DC is £190 and free p+p for 35 days, rather than £161 for 28. Their cheaper deal only works if you stick with the AD for the 4 months and get the free hamper.

That only just crossed my mind, but you are right on a daily cost they break down the same ish and you get the choice if you go direct.

The other thing that I recall from last night about this tsv is that they keep saying the food will keep for 6 to 12 months. What on earth is in the food that allows it to keep for so long?

There is a full ingredients list on the DC website check that out to answer your question. There are more additives etc.. in Weightwatchers meal.

once you stop buy this food the weight will pile back on.

Why? Its proper food not meal replacement, unless you eat like a pig again, but that would be the same on any diet. Please explain more why this would happen, I'm guessing you have done some research into this?

I know Choppysocks has been very pleased with this diet, although she didn't have too much weight to lose in the first place, only about 10lbs or so I think?
I also know that Choppy is smart & perfectly capable of recreating a similar regime herself from scratch but went for this as she is also probably ever so slightly inherently lazy (lol) & in the same position, with only a few pounds to shift, I'd probably go for this too, as all the work is done for you! lol

In that position, this is actually pretty much a no effort, quick fix, providing you have the willpower & determination to continue along the same lines once those last few pounds have gone & in Choppy's case, she will have but for those who become totally reliant on it & don't start making actual lifestyle changes, I guess it would be a very expensive long-term option & for some could prove difficult to leave behind eventually without immediately returning to old habits?

You got me hun, you are completly correct! LOL :flower:

There are people on the DC forum who have lost several stones on this diet, and they are learning tips for life as they do have 'days off' where they go with portion control and calorie awareness.

The biggest issue I could see wasn't the price, the biggest issue was that the meals looked like something I would hesitate to feed to my cats.

When you are dieting, you are by definition not eating as much, so the things that you do eat should be really nice, not look like something you would find on the floor outside a nightclub at 3am on a weekend!

I agree it doesn't look that appeitising, but you would be surprised, it actually tastes quite good, I guess thats down to the ingrediants and not being full of colouring and additives etc...

From what I can see, the food on diet chef is all available in good supermarkets
Waitrose sell the nakd fruit bars and I think they're £2.99 for 6..quite expensive, also the nairns biscuits, and the packs of granola. The regular sized pack of granola costs £4.99 ..sorry don't know the weight of the pack offhand, but it looks as though they send individual packs and I don't know where they're sold. The main meals and the soups are definitely from the look what we've found range, which are a range of microwavable stews, soups and casseroles, that don't need refrigeration. Think they sell at about £3 per pack.

I would think that the diet chef company has struck up a deal with the manufacturers involved and they supply the goods in plain packaging and diet chef TM will stick their own labels on. I think if you were to buy the items individually from the supermarket, it would work out quite dear, so possibly money wise, the deal's quite good value for money.

Check out this website and see what you think! www.lookwhatwefound.co.uk

You are correct.

Had to laugh at the before and after pictures. of course you will look wider if you stand with your feet apart on the before pics and you will look narrower if you then put your feet together on the after pics!

Exactly, not rocket science is it.

Purely in the interests of price comparison, I am just back from Waitrose! :angel:

They had exactly the same items in the small local Waitrose, as Diet Chef seems to be.........identical down to the 2 tears in the top and the cooking instructions.

But not quite the wide variety of course.

Lizi's Pecan & Treacle Garnola £3.19 for 8 portions so 40p each

Soups were £1.79 each, Waitrose own £1.49.

Meals £1.99, £2.99 and £3.20.

Nakd bars are 5 for £2.49 so 50p each.

Nairn Oat Bakes are 47p a packet

Nairn biscuits have 9 packs of 2 in a box (3 varieties) for £1.39 so 16p per packet.

I ended up with 8 breakfasts, 4 soups, 4 meals and 18 snacks :thinking2: for £26.68.

Is that good or bad comparedto QVC or DC? I'm not sure......

But it beats waiting for QVC to deliver!! :hi:

Right, found the calculator......

Breakfast 40p
Soup/Lunch £1.79
Meal/Tea £2.99
Snack 50p

Average daily total £5.68......I think that makes QVC/DC pretty good doesn't it?

Last edited:

Well spotted. Her tummy definitely looks flatter in the 'after' shots but for all we know she could have Spanx (or whatever it is those hold-em-in pants are called) on.

Purely in the interests of price comparison, I am just back from Waitrose! :angel:

They had exactly the same items in the small local Waitrose, as Diet Chef seems to be.........identical down to the 2 tears in the top and the cooking instructions.

But not quite the wide variety of course.

Lizi's Pecan & Treacle Garnola £3.19 for 8 portions so 40p each

Soups were £1.79 each, Waitrose own £1.49.

Meals £1.99, £2.99 and £3.20.

Nakd bars are 5 for £2.49 so 50p each.

Nairn Oat Bakes are 47p a packet

Nairn biscuits have 9 packs of 2 in a box (3 varieties) for £1.39 so 16p per packet.

I ended up with 8 breakfasts, 4 soups, 4 meals and 18 snacks :thinking2: for £26.68.

Is that good or bad comparedto QVC or DC? I'm not sure......

But it beats waiting for QVC to deliver!! :hi:

Right, found the calculator......

Breakfast 40p
Soup/Lunch £1.79
Meal/Tea £2.99
Snack 50p

Average daily total £5.68......I think that makes QVC/DC pretty good doesn't it?

thanks SallyMc...i might do the same....what meals did you find in waitrose?...were they in the refrigerated section??...are they low cal? :)

Well spotted. Her tummy definitely looks flatter in the 'after' shots but for all we know she could have Spanx (or whatever it is those hold-em-in pants are called) on.

I said much the same to my OH .... also, it's quite easy to stick your stomach out more when necessary!! & she seems to be standing more upright in the after shot (or I think so anyway).

Latest posts

Back