Diet TSV at the end of August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've tried searching QVC for any DC items and cannot find a thing, but then again I do not have the powers that Sazza and SCW have in finding stuff on their!!

Just bumping again in hopes of more info.
Do you think it will be a week's hamper, maybe on AD? One for veggies, one for others with a spread of meals like a "taster" hamper? Or maybe a voucher to get what you want on the DC site? If DC's p+p is £4.95 for a week's hamper, wonder what QVC's might be? Same about the price of the hamper itself, £47.50, more or less?

Just bumping again in hopes of more info.
Do you think it will be a week's hamper, maybe on AD? One for veggies, one for others with a spread of meals like a "taster" hamper? Or maybe a voucher to get what you want on the DC site? If DC's p+p is £4.95 for a week's hamper, wonder what QVC's might be? Same about the price of the hamper itself, £47.50, more or less?

It will be interesting to see. I think it will be a months hamper on easy pay with an auto delivery option (just a guess).

My gut feeling is that they wont have a veggie option at all. On the DC forum someone said they used to have a veggie hamper, but then scrapped it, they thought it maybe because it was wasn't as nutrtionally balanced. That will be a real shame as I want a veggie one.

The best bet would be a voucher to use at the DC site and then you can choose your own, but I dont think they will do that as somehow.

Catherine Huntley's blog says that it's a month's hamper and, she says, "a whopping savings over buying from DC direct." (£190) Let's hope it's on AD then!! DC p+p is £4.95 for a month (or free if you get their AD option). Wonder what QVC will charge?

Last edited:
as a size 14- I'd like to loose some weight.However,I think this can be achieved mainly be eating sensibly and carefully.I personally don't want to part with my cash to do this and again I think qvc are cashing in on peoples insecurities and given them false hope.

To some extent its just like joining slimming world or weightwatchers - its essentially "helping you on your way" to slimming - so yes maybe I can see the appeal - but is this a long term solution - or just an expensive one?!

I see that kathy taylor has been doing it and catherine has spoken lots about it.I don't watch dawn bibby - but the times I have caught her - she could loose some weight just by chopping some of that hair off or growing that huge fringe out.

I dunno - if you buy into it,I hope it works for you xx

I dunno - if you buy into it,I hope it works for you xx

Are you calling us mugs??? :taphead:

I dont buy into anything, I approach everything with an open mind. I've done a review of this diet and weighed up its pros and cons, I dont call that 'buying' into anything, or 'tapping into my insecurities'.

If its so simple, why are you a size 14?

Is Barbara a relation of Julia Roberts? There seems to be a resembelance there! :wonder2:

I think QVC are playing it safe with the weight loss claims so it is realistic to peoples expectations. They say they have lost around 8lbs in a month, but on the DC forum most folk have lost around a stone a month. Some have lost less and class themselves as being in the 'one pound a week club', but that seems to be if they are not consuming enough calories (1200) or if they are adding in too much extra.

Are you calling us mugs??? :taphead:

I dont buy into anything, I approach everything with an open mind. I've done a review of this diet and weighed up its pros and cons, I dont call that 'buying' into anything, or 'tapping into my insecurities'.

If its so simple, why are you a size 14?

wow - apologies if that offended you or anyone else - wasn't meant to...honest...

Not calling anyone mugs...just saying if you're gonna do it - good luck - hope it works.

FYI I'm a size 14 because I eat too much? Don't exercise enough? I dunno:confused:

****going back to hide behind the settee*****

wow - apologies if that offended you or anyone else - wasn't meant to...honest...

Not calling anyone mugs...just saying if you're gonna do it - good luck - hope it works.

FYI I'm a size 14 because I eat too much? Don't exercise enough? I dunno:confused:

****going back to hide behind the settee*****

You can come out, promise I wont bite! :angel:

Thats my prob too, like my food and dont exercise enough so always have a bit of weight that goes up and down if I dont watch it.

Not long now, doubt I will stay up for the launch as up early for work.

Maybe some cool number crunching wizz kid may come along with details!!! :cool2:

I can imagine that a diet programme like this would work quite well for a single person living on their own.

No other shopping or cooking to do for the family would mean less temptation.

My personal tip is to eat before I go shopping, make a shopping list and keep to it. I almost never buy stuff on impulse if I stick to this rule.

(This rule excludes the mini cheese and pickle pork pies as these count in my mind as one of my 5-a-day - Fortunately Tesco are usually out of stock!)

I have fought being 2-3 stone overweight most of my life. As with many people not enough exercise, a sedentary job and a sweet tooth. Plus growing up in the 60s and 70s where so much food was fried and meals eaten far too quickly instilled some really bad nutritional habits. Salad in those days was a lettuce leaf, a sliced tomato, the occasional radish and salad cream.

Stuart

So are you suppose to live on this stuff for the rest of your life?

All these meal replacement things look great and then you stop bang on goes all the weight plus some. Kirsty Alley if you look at her now after she stopped being the face of one of these type ranges.

They are not meal replacement, they are actual meals with no additives etc..

i've just had a read of their website & some reviews that have been done elsewhere. looks like the 1200 cals is your base for the day then you can add fruit & veg to it, so it's not as restricted as i first thought.

actually, i think it's a good idea on the whole, the main thing i think i'd learn from it is portion size, which i know is my big (literally!) downfall. perhaps use something like this only short term just to get you into good habits.

didn't realise there was another thread on this, perhaps they could be merged? :)

Yep I think the portion control aspect is really the main thing, and it is actullaly amazing how much you can eat when you learn about portion and calorie intake. There are downsides to this diet, mainly cost and variety, other than that, its a sound system.

Latest posts

Back