Debbie Greenwood Lets The Air Circulate

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think there's been rumblings at Q towers due to the lack of new younger customers leaving them with with a shaky medium-long term business plan as their older ones pop off year by year.

There's probably been a meeting with them & a bunch of consultants to ascertain how they can get the "hip'n'happenin posse" into their retail world.
After a big story board with lots of speech bubbles, arrows, diagrams, blue skies and investor feedback they've decided that the answer is:
Ipods, use tweeting at every available opportunity to show that they're really "with it"
Introduce a party atmosphere where the presenters can all be "rebels" and do really naughty things like drink, show off, wear teeny short dresses, dodgy hair, more tweets, guzzling choccies & wine coz a bit of a shambles, free n easy look is great innit? WRONG LOL!

My view is that not only is a lot of this cringeworthy it's rather like polishing a poo! :nod:
I think they need to sort our their products, (variety of), fashions, prices & p&p first!
Sorry forgot to also mention that I don't think the the 20-40's I know will be swapping Urban Outfitters, Jane Norman or Karen Millen to name just several for Nina Leonard, or Bob Mackie with their numerous dayglo sequin embelishments on luminous polyester/viscose any time soon! LOL

Last edited:
My view is that not only is a lot of this cringeworthy it's rather like polishing a poo! :nod:
I think they need to sort our their products, (variety of), fashions, prices & p&p first!

This made me laugh Nikki but I agree with the sentiment that they need to start with the basics.

Question whether they have the right products (doesn't get more basic than that) and whether their pricing strategy is right for the economic climate. Perhaps look back to see what made them successful to start - what people liked and saw differently in them against the competition. General business stuff - at some point in this you'd engage a focus group (not the FB fawners but people who will give honest feedback on the good and bad) and ask people what they want from a shopping channel and what needs to change.

Would be good to follow up with some big spenders from the past who have now shown an awful less interest - better check first though that they aren't part of your 'older ones popping off' group - whoooooops!

This made me laugh Nikki but I agree with the sentiment that they need to start with the basics.

Question whether they have the right products (doesn't get more basic than that) and whether their pricing strategy is right for the economic climate. Perhaps look back to see what made them successful to start - what people liked and saw differently in them against the competition. General business stuff - at some point in this you'd engage a focus group (not the FB fawners but people who will give honest feedback on the good and bad) and ask people what they want from a shopping channel and what needs to change.

Would be good to follow up with some big spenders from the past who have now shown an awful less interest - better check first though that they aren't part of your 'older ones popping off' group - whoooooops!

Yes totally agree DJ! Really good idea you said about contacting previous larger or regular spenders who have dropped off, (not literally lol), but just see why they've changed their buying habits. Not just some boring poxy questionnaire either, perhaps a low key beauty bash or electronics day out for people?
Ladies & gents who are feeling the pinch & not bought as much in recent years from Q, there's hope for us yet to be part of their squeeze club on a budget :wink:
If they have just gone to their devout fans they wouldn''t have got a realistic valid picture of the real situation would they.

Sorry forgot to also mention that I don't think the the 20-40's I know will be swapping Urban Outfitters, Jane Norman or Karen Millen to name just several for Nina Leonard, or Bob Mackie with their numerous dayglo sequin embelishments on luminous polyester/viscose any time soon! LOL

But the Startrek look is so "on trend" for 2013, surely?

Latest posts

Back