Debbie Flint returning?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just had a wee browse and found a picture of Steve Whatley and can honestly say i really dont remember him at all.

You certainly would have remembered him if you'd seen him Toadette.

Debbie will give Julia a run for her money, it'll be the Battle of the QVC Queens alright!!:tongue2::tongue2:

Looks like I'm the only person on here who wouldn't welcome Debbie Flint back with open arms then? I can see her now, gazing half-interestedly in the general direction of the guest, swinging her legs in that rude, bored, displacement activity fashion before switching back to 'hard sell mode', fixing the camera with a steely glare & going for it, couldn't stand her!
Of course she's one of the most 'experienced' shopping tele presenters, she got in at the start & has hung around ever since (like a bad smell!) but QVC is better off without her & everywhere else she's gone has been pretty much a total disaster!

As for the creepy, smarmy Paul Lavers, please no, he was even worse & the less said about the no longer with us Steve Whatley the better - QVC does at least have a bit of class about it now & I for one, certainly don't hanker after the <s>chavvy, low-class, organised chaos</s> 'fun' element of the 'good old days'! :down:

Kitten with Claws.
I'm actually not a fan of Debbie either. I used to think she was quite cocky:cheeky:

I'd love Debbie to come back, she might bring some of the fun back to QVC (if she's allowed to). She was presenting on Price Drop/Bid TV a while back and it was great to see her again and hear her filthy laugh!

I just about remember Debbie from when I first started watching QVC. She was laid back and didn't seem to flaunt her ego, which is a big fault of many of the current crop of presenters. I also remember her specifically for giving a tip about the Gale Hayman Lip Lift - she said not to throw the canister away as you can dig out the bottom of the bullet and save some product. Do this on 2 or 3 of them and you have another full product to use! Each one makes nearly a whole stick again. I'd never have known otherwise and it saves me from buying so many :D

I dont remember Steve Whatley.....was he about when Debbie, Paul Lavers, Rob Locke and the perma tan guy Dave i think his name was

Going off topic does anyone else remember when Steve Whatley used to appear on This Morning? He had his weimaraners with him once and one of them broke wind causing much amusement.

I wonder if he was ever on at the same time as Steven Rhodes and Alison Keenan.

Debbie Flint was lively and enjoyed the job. I did not like the comment made by a poster that they QVC were getting rid of Jilly Halliday just to bring her back. I will take the latter part as someone talking rubbish then.

I don't see why they would have to get rid of anyone of they recruit a new presenter. I would have thought the presenters' hours aren't set in stone so the hours might just be spread out, plus another presenter would provide some slack for holidays and illness.

No. Well before AK and her then husband. It was way back when Richard and Judy still did the show from Liverpool.

He was known as Mr.Diamonique back then.

I thought SR and AK covered for R and J back in those days. I'm sure I remember watching them about 12 or 13 years ago.

Does anyone else remember the black shirt he used to wear that was full of sparkly bits ?, I thought it was lovely :flower:

Yes I remember his sparkly shirt. Do you remember him doing fashion and his tape measure - everything had to be measured correctly. Also his 'amethyst ladies' as he would call them when doing jewellery show.

PS I remember some classic moments with Ali Young and Lavers, she used to be cracked up with laughter, tears running down her cheeks at times:angel:

Kitten with Claws.
I'm actually not a fan of Debbie either. I used to think she was quite cocky:cheeky:

Not a fan here either - although to be fiar I don't remember loads about her:thinking2:

I hope sara isn't leaving either:sad:

I just presumed a new presenter was needed to fill the void that smarmy daniel left - and to give us all some peace from GF

Latest posts

Back