Dear QVC, re: Philosophy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well said ms-melly!!

That's exactly how I feel about Bobbi Brown...the make up counters in Selfridges etc are brimming with new colours/kits etc
QVC have had the same limited boring stock for about a year now.It too was hailed as a "scoop" by QVC when they promoted this range....well guess what,seasons and colours change but not apparently at QVC!
They need to get a grip.

I totally agree! Love Philosophy but am getting BORED with all the same old stuff being shown! I for one would snap up all the lovely flavours of shower gels and body souffles they offer in the US. But all we get is the same old Melon, Raspberry and Amazing Grace!! I love the Inner Grace which they pushed last year butn ow seems to have disappeared! Can only buy the fragrance or a tiddly little shower gel and body lotion set. They do 32oz sizes in the US!! Maybe we should all emigrate!!

Well said ms-melly!!

That's exactly how I feel about Bobbi Brown...the make up counters in Selfridges etc are brimming with new colours/kits etc
QVC have had the same limited boring stock for about a year now.It too was hailed as a "scoop" by QVC when they promoted this range....well guess what,seasons and colours change but not apparently at QVC!
They need to get a grip.

Yes, Bobbi Brown is another brand that annoys me on QVC - seriously how many presentations are people expected to sit through where it's the same old stuff time and time again? I've tried some of her range and like it so would like to try more so again they're loosing customers. It's such an odd way to think - I can't get my head around it!

Excellent post. There is no variety, especially in the beauty section. Doesn't AY have anything to say about it?

Perhaps we don't see the other items in the range because AY could not then harp on about them being "exclusive" to QVC.

Unfortunately, I think QVC has lost its edge and is suffering from credit crunch the same as everyone.

Since reading this thread this morning I have checked out the Sephora site and there are some gorgeous Cookbook sets this year.

Have just read everyones posts and couldn't agree more.

I love everything to do with beauty and make up, my overflowing stashes prove it (some boxes hidden away are fit to bursting).

I know that am easy to sell to (am so very weak:1: but I cannot find much to buy from the QVC Beauty Department these days. It all seems so uninspired and lack lustre, having just read that back I've just depressed myself !

I agree with you Mrs Melly. The US Philosophy website has Hope in a Jar with a 30 SPF sunscreen in it yet Lee said we have to wait until NEXT MARCH. Why? And where are all the lovely handwashes they've done before like the red apple? Maybe they should split the shows up like B&W do and have skincare on one day and all the other smelly stuff which quite frankly is what I want to see more of, on another than at least you know what you're tuning in for!! I also noticed that when QVC did their look back overt the last 15 years yesterday, they seemed to have had much more fun in the early days than they do now. From 2004 onwards it was all flashbacks of gold day and Kim & Co which about sums up QVC at the moment. Come on guys give us more of what we want. Sorry. Rant now over:1:

Unfortunately, I think QVC has lost its edge and is suffering from credit crunch the same as everyone.

I think you're right about them suffering (the huge number of easy pays points to that) but at the same time I think they'd be doing a lot better if they just catered to what people really want. I hope they (and Lee) realise that soon.

As someone else said, I'm fairly easy to sell to with this stuff so I'd still buy but they just don't make the effort.

me me me i want to have my say to LEE & QVC too.......i [ red faced ] bought 2 TSV's BUT in my defence i hit the wrong button.....[ liar liar pants on fire ].........BUT i have 2 daughters & a DIL so can use part of them as small gifts...used to stick glued to the set when lee was on didnt matter who with........the last time i saw him prior to TSV day........he said....." you cant look like this if you dont use these" pointing to his now begining to annoy me face & some same old products thats nothing new since i 1st started buying philosphy......liz earle is getting same with her demos that i used to be glued to.......in fact my TV watching was divided with qvc & ideal world when alan & barry was on.......now i tend to have channel 3 on....sorry guys......rant over with...

used to stick glued to the set when lee was on didnt matter who with........the last time i saw him prior to TSV day........he said....." you cant look like this if you dont use these" pointing to his now begining to annoy me face

only NOW beginning to annoy? i could have slapped him as soon as looked at him from the moment he first appeared. supercilious queen.

I think the whole beauty industry is a rip off to be honest. They just keep re-inventing the wheel.I worked with a dermatologist for 2 years who said the only way to keep your skin at it's personal best is finding a moisturiser that suits you,using total sun block,drinking plenty of water and sleeping well.Aging is all down to genes and preventing sun damage.
There are certain products-such as C&P-that I enjoy using but I don't think my skin is massively better for using it. I can no longer afford it,so unless I get any as pressies I will be using aqeous cream with the muslin cloths.
I have recently started using the siana moisturiser from Aldi-£1.79. It is in a really nice jar (although I prefer tubes for hygiene reasons) but certainly not ashamed to have it on show in the bathroom. Their hand cream is a fabulous before bed cream (as it's very rich.)I have just come to the last drops of my molten brown horde,have used all my decleor system corps this week and am just relieved to have used it all up before it went off (a couple of horded liz earle things smelt very odd and got binned.)
I think as the credit crunch bites,many people will become far more savvy with their beauty buys.
QVC need to up their game if they want to keep a share of our dwindling purse contents!

Last edited:
What a great post!

I never buy Philosophy, but I think this could apply to most of the beauty TSVs - and probably others as well.

Same old, same old bit bits and pieces to bump up 'value' and extortionate p and p.

People are looking elsewhere and finding there is life - and other outlets! - after QVC!

I think QVC needs to up the game a bit - most shows (regardless whether its beauty, fashion (eek), or jewellery) are so bluddy BORING (sorry for shouting). Get new suppliers, presenters (turn AY out into a field for a while), and items.

Fabulous post Mrs Melly and I am in total agreement.

QVC need to bear in mind that 15 years ago internet access was much more restrictive than it is now.
Broadband, which is now the norm ,permits a vast amount of people to access the mind boggling array of beauty products (and their reviews) available for international order online, thus expanding the options available to the consumer. This in turn exacerbates the poor value for money AND the limited amount of products that QVC offer and it would make fiscal sense for them to pay closer attention to where they need to improve ,it would be a good starting point for them to take on board comments such as these, act on them and initiate change ASAP before they too go :tits: up!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way! It pretty much extends to all of QVC at the moment. I've been trying to find something to use my easy pay birthday voucher on, but to no avail. Not one thing on the website has enticed me. :58:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way! It pretty much extends to all of QVC at the moment. I've been trying to find something to use my easy pay birthday voucher on, but to no avail. Not one thing on the website has enticed me. :58:

I was the same with the Christmas card voucher I got last year:31:

burlybear
i quote from his gob [ sorry mouth ] a while back he said....." we have had a baby" grinning from ear to ear & expecting the whole of the populus to explode into applause...yes well done & lucky him as some are not so lucky....did he have to announce it......well yes he did.......as like you i too thought was for the other team [ nothing wrong in that] just him & his cheesy face....
have you all noticed that to say i dont watch it much theres an awful lot i have to have a moan about........can we all get happy & lets see if it passes on to them....the powers that be that is..........happy house wasnt it that Kat said of BB fame.............

I think the whole beauty industry is a rip off to be honest. They just keep re-inventing the wheel.I worked with a dermatologist for 2 years who said the only way to keep your skin at it's personal best is finding a moisturiser that suits you,using total sun block,drinking plenty of water and sleeping well.Aging is all down to genes and preventing sun damage.
There are certain products-such as C&P-that I enjoy using but I don't think my skin is massively better for using it. I can no longer afford it,so unless I get any as pressies I will be using aqeous cream with the muslin cloths.
I have recently started using the siana moisturiser from Aldi-£1.79. It is in a really nice jar (although I prefer tubes for hygiene reasons) but certainly not ashamed to have it on show in the bathroom. Their hand cream is a fabulous before bed cream (as it's very rich.)I have just come to the last drops of my molten brown horde,have used all my decleor system corps this week and am just relieved to have used it all up before it went off (a couple of horded liz earle things smelt very odd and got binned.)
I think as the credit crunch bites,many people will become far more savvy with their beauty buys.
QVC need to up their game if they want to keep a share of our dwindling purse contents!

Totally agree

Latest posts

Back