Dawn Bibby Twitter Tweets!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh for gawds sake!! :wonder: Does it matter that much?? :dull: It's a forum not a ****** literary convention. :rolleyes:

It's a personal thing with me that I would like to get it right. :emo: As long as we understand each other here it doesn't matter a rat's ass how we do it.:muscle::giggle::wave:

A big up to all those celebs who maintain a private life and remain dignified when things go arseways i.e. staff or former partners running to the tabloids. I wouldn't want to be famous for anything including pots of money.

Last edited:
Well I've understood your posts perfectly well for years and anyway I wouldn't dream of picking anyone up on their grammar, it's rude imho.

Oh! And she started the whole JJ saga off. Everytime she appeared on QVC she would discuss how JJ was stuck out in South Africa unable to get back because of problems with his passport. This in itself started endless discussions on quite a few craft forums. People were speculating that the whole story sounded odd. It was as if she was deliberately wanting to draw attention to what was going on.

Its about time DB stopped wallowing in self pity. So she is going thro a marriage breakdown...she s not the first and will not be the last. Think she should stop 'running away' from reality {Egypt} and face up to things,How unfair and selfish -like to expect others to run her buisness etc. while she 'tops-up' the tan every other week.She WOULD feel hard done by if she had kiddies dependant on her and was not as wealthy as she is. Dont forget there are always two sides to every story and while she gets all the sympathy...we dont know what JJ had to put up with. Many people have commented in the past how she talked down to him ,even humiliated him on air. Get over yourself DB and stop being a spoiled woman.

If she wants to go on holiday then that's her choice and who are we to say that she shouldn't. Children might be a comfort to someone in that situation and not everyone who doesn't have children is childless out of choice. As for her money she has made that through her own efforts so fair play to her. I don't imagine the people she employs work for nothing so I really don't see the problem with leaving others to run the business whist she's away.

Well I've understood your posts perfectly well for years and anyway I wouldn't dream of picking anyone up on their grammar, it's rude imho.

I wasn't picking anyone up on their grammar! It was supposed to be a joke, a bit cheeky, because vampyre wrote:'I cannot understand anyone not wanting to speak or write to the absolute best of their ability.' and proof-reading had been mentioned! And I did make sure to put appropriate smilies in there. I would never be so rude to mention anything like that without reason! I had thought vampyre had joined in the joke with the follow-up comment and am sad if my joke was taken so badly by vampyre or others. It was meant light-heartedly and the sub-editor thing came from my own experience. If you re-read it, I think you may see I was agreeing with vampyre about spell-checkers?

FYI I checked out software called whitesmoke which costs a bomb and will correct grammar and turn your text into gibberish at the click of a mouse. :grin:
I shall continue on in my semi literate way, I'll just plead that I'm Irish. Over here English is technically "a second language" so y'all have to have to excuse any faux pas. (Note I didn't mention that a certain guest/presenter pronounces faux as forx :wink:)

FYI I checked out software called whitesmoke which costs a bomb and will correct grammar and turn your text into gibberish at the click of a mouse. :grin:
I shall continue on in my semi literate way, I'll just plead that I'm Irish. Over here English is technically "a second language" so y'all have to have to excuse any faux pas. (Note I didn't mention that a certain guest/presenter pronounces faux as forx :wink:)

You're perfectly literate, vampyre. I hope you saw my previous post. I wasn't having a pop at you, I was acknowledging your comment. Clearly I could do with a few refresher lessons on how to make sure a written post conveys a light-hearted intent more clearly.
Still, I suppose I've taken the heat off Dawn for 5 minutes!

Last edited:
You're perfectly literate, vampyre. I hope you saw my previous post. I wasn't having a pop at you, I was acknowledging your comment. Clearly I could do with a few refresher lessons on how to make sure a written post conveys a light-hearted intent more clearly.

You're fine Nicky, honestly I took your post as it was meant and you shouldn't feel otherwise :bear:
I do agree that it is horrible to correct people just to humiliate them and wonder whether the people who do that sort of thing have any heart or even manners at all and I imagine you feel the same:drunk:. However some very big headed people do need their bubble burst occasionally

You're fine Nicky, honestly I took your post as it was meant and you shouldn't feel otherwise :bear:
I do agree that it is horrible to correct people just to humiliate them and wonder whether the people who do that sort of thing have any heart or even manners at all and I imagine you feel the same:drunk:. However some very big headed people do need their bubble burst occasionally

Thanks, phew!
And ta for the :bear:!

possibly literally! :giggle:

Not fair!! I'm not playing if you're gonna nick my answers, bah and harrumph!!!

Co-sign that last point, HARD!

Anyway I wouldn't get stressed about your grammar, I'm the mistress of the run -on sentence and indiscriminate comma, but I think most people understand me fairly well. And besides I 've read posts on here worthy of the DaVinci code and I'm still able to decipher them.
The only thing which does make me twitch ever so slightly are tons of spelling mistakes, but thats' just me.:flower:

I'm rubbish at spelling BFT but I blame it on being a bad typist.
It's a pity you missed Dawn & Anthony yesterday, Dawn insisted on calling the colour option tarameesoo and Anthony just said she was wrong. Heretic or what?

I'm rubbish at spelling BFT but I blame it on being a bad typist.
It's a pity you missed Dawn & Anthony yesterday, Dawn insisted on calling the colour option tarameesoo and Anthony just said she was wrong. Heretic or what?

Tarameesoo!

Surely that's the combination of an Oirish name and some Japanese soup??

Ahh, whatever, I cannae be doing with folk at the mo, I've got frocks to try on.:)

Tarameesoo!

Surely that's the combination of an Oirish name and some Japanese soup??

Ahh, whatever, I cannae be doing with folk at the mo, I've got frocks to try on.:)

How ignorant are you not to recognise a boozy Italian dessert when you hear of it, or in your case read about it?:smirk:

Hope you don't get trapped in your frock like a vertical mrsi scanner.

Last edited:
I saw the Tiramisu incident and cringed so much i had to turn it off! i get embarrassed for the person who said it!:mysmilie_493:
and Burlz i kinda had the same aura from JJ
I do wonder what motivation Dawnie has for keeping her private life in the spotlight by keeping on about it?, maybe she is gonna "do" a Katie Price and marry a cage fighter and sell the wedding to OK magazine, i would love to see that!!!:heart: (jeez i'm sad)

For all her ill health and fragility, I think Dawn would be well able to make a cage fighter comply with her wishes of the moment. Not being mean, just honestly think she is tough even if she doesn't see herself that way and that is in many ways a positive trait.

She mentions that she appeared on QVC flogging line dancing stuff aeons ago. I don't know and I don't want to know.

Latest posts

Back