Crowngate resuurrected

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

These aren't allegations ,these things actually happened .It was Will who mentioned the crown again and said he didnt know what happened to it.Maybe he doesn't know ,but it reminded people of what happened.

I've JUST POSTED A PIC, BUT I CAN'T FIND IT NOW, PROBABLY PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTON.

bUT ALL THE INFO ABOUT THE CROWN, AND 3 PICS, ARE IN THE daily mAIL ARTICLE MENTIONED ABOVE, WELL WORTH A READ.

SORRY, CAPS LOCK

These aren't allegations ,these things actually happened .It was Will who mentioned the crown again and said he didnt know what happened to it.Maybe he doesn't know ,but it reminded people of what happened.

Exactly!!!!!

Can someone just remind me how we know that the crown went to someone at QVC for £1000 please? I can remember the incident but not the details. Maybe the Charities Commission would be the appropriate organisation to contact to investigate the incident?

Isn't the charities commission for wrongdoing within the charity? It did cross my mind ,but don't think BCC have done anything wrong, and they appear to have sorted something out with Q.

Isn't the charities commission for wrongdoing within the charity? It did cross my mind ,but don't think BCC have done anything wrong, and they appear to have sorted something out with Q.

No that one was about Debbie Flint bidding and winning on an auction for her friends 40th birthday, even though she knew that employees and relatives of employees that work for people hosting competitions and auctions aren't allowed to take part. She knew she'd done wrong because she too wanted to remain anonymous. I can see how it's easy to get confused though, with all the underhand deception that goes on at QVC regarding auctions and competitions.

People have plenty to say but not answering questions. Thank you Alan for explaining rather than attacking with posts which add absolutely nothing to the thread apart from unpleasantness. In an auction (and you see it on these tv programmes) people will try and buy something for as little as possible. The crown was bought for £1000. This in itself is not unusual if no-one else bid and pushed the price up. But What is unusual is that QVC advertised the auction and then viewers didn't get to bid. Stratobuddy has said that in the past he has bid successfully in a BCC auction for an expensive item so there wasn't a problem there. Alan has contacted the channel for clarification but if Q refuse to discuss the matter I don't see what people can do other than contact a consumer organisation to see if Q can be called to account. The best weapon of protest is to boycott the channel.

Postscript:

The crown was sold so in my view the matter is over and done with apart from suspicion and speculation and the question is rather than spouting, what do you want to do about it and what do you want to happen? The fact that Will doesn't know where the crown is means nothing. The auction was a while ago and he was probably out of the loop at that time. The crown was bought and there is no reason he should know who the buyer is. The fact that he 'wants it back' is perhaps a little tongue in cheek because it is not an item he can 'have back'. I can't imagine that an employee of QVC would be so stupid as to raise a matter that the channel would be horrified to see had been 'resurrected' if they had anything to hide. I would be interested to read members' SENSIBLE comments.

People have plenty to say but not answering questions. Thank you Alan for explaining rather than attacking with posts which add absolutely nothing to the thread apart from unpleasantness. In an auction (and you see it on these tv programmes) people will try and buy something for as little as possible. The crown was bought for £1000. This in itself is not unusual if no-one else bid and pushed the price up. But What is unusual is that QVC advertised the auction and then viewers didn't get to bid. Stratobuddy has said that in the past he has bid successfully in a BCC auction for an expensive item so there wasn't a problem there. Alan has contacted the channel for clarification but if Q refuse to discuss the matter I don't see what people can do other than contact a consumer organisation to see if Q can be called to account. The best weapon of protest is to boycott the channel.

How would we ever manage to string a sentence together on this forum without you ma'am? :mysmilie_496::mysmilie_496::mysmilie_496::mysmilie_496:

According to many of the posts on this site people are boycotting the channel.Many of us haven't bought things for months if not years ,but I still watch out of interest and I'm an avid channel hopper.I did get drawn in by Q's hype some years ago but am over that and it feels good.......

Shopperholic - As I thought, Nothing to add to the debate then. It worries me that some people could actually serve on a jury and make assumptions and judgements and have someone hung drawn and quartered without getting all the facts. I hope members (and admin) are wondering why people are persisting in personally attacking me instead of contributing sensibly to the topic.

I know Strato was concerned about this at the time and did ask questions. I don't think that any newspaper or journo would be interested enough to make a story out of it. And as far as I can gather it was never published as to who did buy the thing. As for its supposed £10k value, its only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

In the recent hoohah with Debbie Flint it was all out in the open very quickly. The fact this has never been out in the open despite Strato's best efforts makes me question whether there is any QVC connection to the bidder at all.

Indeed Tinkerbelle, something is only worth what someone will pay for it, but Stratobuddy was prepared to go to whatever his limit was to secure the item so I DO understand his frustration at not being able to. QVC may have changed the terms of the auction and are probably entitled to do that in the small print. Perhaps on occasion someone on the inside of any auction will be bidding against A.N. Other so as to bump up the price of an item - but presumably something like that always has the potential to backfire and perhaps it does backfire on occasion. All I am saying is that the Crown auction is in the past and unless strident efforts were made at the time to get answers, it is unlikely there will be any answers forthcoming now. I suggest looking at the terms and conditions of the auctions to see if terms can be altered at any time. As I said earlier, the fact that Stratobuddy had a successful bid in the past puts to bed the idea that auctions are set ups etc. I don't like to read nasty posts from people who can't let something go, because in the end, if the mystery cannot be solved, then letting it go is all one can do.

I don't recall the idea that Julia had bought the crown was a serious accusation, just a tongue in cheek "likely suspect". I tend to agree that too much time has passed to get Watchdog or a newspaper interested in investigating this, even if there was insider jiggery-pokery. That isn't me down-playing any wrong-doing, just being realistic.

How about a whip round on here of 50p each, and post a honey trap on Twitter or similar with a prize pot for a photo of the winner wearing the crown (with that day's newspaper in frame so all the QVC selfies taken before the BCC event would be ineligible)? Then Strato could contact them with an offer to "buy" the crown with a donation to BCC. Natural justice restored!

Maybe Q could just state what happened to it and then we can all move on.I wasn't directly involved so I am going to move off the subject.

Postscript:

The crown was sold so in my view the matter is over and done with apart from suspicion and speculation and the question is rather than spouting, what do you want to do about it and what do you want to happen? The fact that Will doesn't know where the crown is means nothing. The auction was a while ago and he was probably out of the loop at that time. The crown was bought and there is no reason he should know who the buyer is. The fact that he 'wants it back' is perhaps a little tongue in cheek because it is not an item he can 'have back'. I can't imagine that an employee of QVC would be so stupid as to raise a matter that the channel would be horrified to see had been 'resurrected' if they had anything to hide. I would be interested to read members' SENSIBLE comments.

If in your view the matter is over and done with then shut up about it and leave it to others to discuss.

Latest posts

Back