Craft Day 27th December

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Choppysocks

Real Horrorshow
Well the line up of shows looks uninspiring and a patchwork pals TSV holds no joy for me. Will watch some of the shows though just in case I miss anything! :mysmilie_697:

Would have been happy to have had an Anna Griffin show and some more new products from her.

Patchwork flippin' Pals - oh no! QVC are way behind the craft trends with these 'orrible little creations . Yuk ! They are always playing catch up . Why does it take them so long to get the latest products in ? Don't they want my money ?

I'm with you logfire. I HATE characters on cards, and this TSV is horrible with 'little' this and 'little' that. And I was ready to spend too! :mysmilie_73::mysmilie_73:Never mind, hope something else tempts me later on today!

They're too cutesy for me, too. I do have one set which are fine for an instant child's card. I get customers who have a habit of ordering cards then, when they come to collect them, will say, "I forgot about my nephew/godchild etc., who is going to be six" and they are invaluable for this as most of my cards are so detailed that they take ages.

Like you, Choppy, I'd love more Anna Griffin........

I did order with my three easy pay voucher on Xmas day some anna griffin punches that I've wanted for ages, but thought the price ridiculas (somehow convinced myself that it wasn't as much when on easy pay!!) and the purple cow mouse trimmer, as I was wanting a freestyle rotary trimmer.

Thanks SCW for posting the new items on craftelly, will be keeping my eye out for any nice stuff.

I did order with my three easy pay voucher on Xmas day some anna griffin punches that I've wanted for ages, but thought the price ridiculas (somehow convinced myself that it wasn't as much when on easy pay!!) and the purple cow mouse trimmer, as I was wanting a freestyle rotary trimmer.

Thanks SCW for posting the new items on craftelly, will be keeping my eye out for any nice stuff.

yeah thats the best way to keep an eye on that thread as i update it so often and most of the latest stuff is what will be on today and that

Yet again cutesy Kanban. I will say that there are some lovely Kanban items that I like but why are QVC stuck in this particular groove? So not for me and not spending today although I have Christmas money to splash. Will go across to Craft Telly to look at the thread SCW so kindly posts however.
I noticed that having let Leonie go "Our Amy" is still presenting so maybe that is why there was no place for Leonie at QVC. No comparison in my opinion and didn't spend anything with her earlier either.

There never would have been a place on QVC for Leonie - Dawn keeps things very much in the family and amateur Amy fits the bill very nicely. QVC's loss IMO
And ... Leonie is doing very nicely on C&C thank you very much :mysmilie_12:
Pauline x

I think you are right Pauline. I also think that Leonie is fantastic on C&C and has neen able to show what an accomplished craft presenter she is. I always suspected that Dawn didn't want competition or comparisons so Amy does as you say fit the bill in so many ways.

I'm not a big Amy fan, but to be fair, she's not amateur. Her presentations are clear and informed, and she does her best to show what's in the kits.

I also think that Leonie's doing really well on C&C. She suits that channel better with her bubbly personality.

I'm not a big Amy fan, but to be fair, she's not amateur. Her presentations are clear and informed, and she does her best to show what's in the kits.

I also think that Leonie's doing really well on C&C. She suits that channel better with her bubbly personality.

I agree that Amy does present things clearly and I think makes a decent job of it.

Given that QVC has two hours a week of craft plus the extra hours here and there and for craft days or TSV days, I'm not sure there really was another major role for Leonie. In comparison Create and Craft is a dedicated craft channel so obviously there are a lot more hours to cover.

Leonie used to make samples for Dawn and I would imagine that the fact she moved away from Lancashire made that a bit more complicated. From what she said on her blog she gave it a lot of thought before moving on, so I hope it works out well for her as she really deserves it.

I've not been tempted with anything so far, quite dissapointed.

I bought the 68 sheets of foiled card because I use a fair bit of it and I have a project coming up that it will be ideal for. I also bought one of the D-ring albums as it was a decent price and I'm almost out of that size of album. Both of these purchases were practical though, I havn't seen anything that excites me. I remember when I used to get really excited about Craft Days...

Is it just me or is everything getting more and more expensive on QVC, I seem to get much better deals by surfing the net, especially when you take combined P&P into consideration, i think it's about time QVC took a long hard look at their prices, I though the storage for crafts hour was particularly crazy... in fact it had my daughter laughing at the silly prices they were charging for plastic boxes!:mysmilie_17:

Is it just me or is everything getting more and more expensive on QVC, I seem to get much better deals by surfing the net, especially when you take combined P&P into consideration, i think it's about time QVC took a long hard look at their prices, I though the storage for crafts hour was particularly crazy... in fact it had my daughter laughing at the silly prices they were charging for plastic boxes!:mysmilie_17:

That was just plain ridiculous, we were laughing, too.
The P&P is actually quite reasonable for me. Ebay is often really expensive to here and many online craft stores either won't send abroad, charge ridiculous postage or exclude heavy things like mirri-card. The QVC postage is usually about a pound more than you would pay.

for anyone interested the sissix site has a sale on, I just bought some dies inc an alphabet for 8 quid, saves 48 quid.

I used to really look forward to craft days and tsv's but not these days.

I had set to record the tsv but when i found out what it was, I cancelled it as it is not my thing. I had recorded the Sissix shows but was disappointed there too, very quick demo's that I think wouldn't entice me to be a buyer (I am a die cutting machine-aholic already) so a bit of a let down for me.

But I'm sure lots have spent their Christmas money and I hope you really enjoyed doing it:mysmilie_61:

I bought the 68 sheets of foiled card because I use a fair bit of it and I have a project coming up that it will be ideal for. I also bought one of the D-ring albums as it was a decent price and I'm almost out of that size of album. Both of these purchases were practical though, I havn't seen anything that excites me. I remember when I used to get really excited about Craft Days...

I was nearly tmepted by those, but that was about it. I didnt buy a thing, just the two bits I bought with my easy pay at Christmas.

I too used to get excited about craft days, but it seems the same old same old.

Latest posts

Back