Claire, be quiet for a bit and slow down please!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interesting to read that Claire has cultivated this voice (& matching personality no doubt), AndiK
My (open) question is WHY?
Why an earth should a presenter think that it has any appeal whatsoever?
Perhaps she was trying to be different?

I don't have a strong view on Claire S herself (well, they can all get on your nerves from time to time - familiarity breeds contempt and all that) but I had to laugh once when she joked about the way Leighton Denny said/pronounced something and he straight away told her she never uses her real voice when presenting, and she sounds completely different off camera! Her face was a picture.
I like Leighton, he just says it as he sees it. Doesn't care who he upsets. Watched him last night and he give of to Alison as she was fixing things, and he couldn't sell, and he as much as told her to stop it, and said he hated the dungeon, it was haunted. I think its blooming dark and dreary there, and wouldn't want to be selling my stuff standing behind those
columns. Dreary

Interesting to read that Claire has cultivated this voice (& matching personality no doubt), AndiK

I have no idea either! It's a bit babyish, isn't it? She appears full of wonderment at the sight of everything she presents, as if she has never seen a nail varnish / vacuum cleaner / piece of Diamonique before.

I like Leighton, he just says it as he sees it. Doesn't care who he upsets. Watched him last night and he give of to Alison as she was fixing things, and he couldn't sell, and he as much as told her to stop it, and said he hated the dungeon, it was haunted. I think its blooming dark and dreary there, and wouldn't want to be selling my stuff standing behind those
columns. Dreary

Me too! I love LD's shows, even if I'm not buying.

columns. Dreary

i liked the way he dragged the table round to where he wanted it during the tsv presentation. i think he said he didn't have enough light and was in the way of the camera. julia insisted he was fine but he ignored that and yanked it round. lol

Claire Sutton's fake persona is just so annoying! She's had a good and lasting career though. I don't really see her appeal, mind you, quite a lot of the presenters come across as fake - JF, DG, CB, SB, CT in particular. Kathy Taylor and Anne Dawson come across as a bit more real.

How intriguing! I have no idea if this is true or not but if it is , how bizarre. What about her husband and family and friends? Never knowing which Claire they are going to get. Cant imagine anyone could live like this.

How intriguing! I have no idea if this is true or not but if it is , how bizarre. What about her husband and family and friends? Never knowing which Claire they are going to get. Cant imagine anyone could live like this.

i would have thought if husband got the qvc persona, he'd have run for the hills long ago.

apparently Michael Jackson's real speaking voice was deep and nothing like the fey, wispy sound that he emitted in public. Just don't understand why Claire talks like that and uses such cloying adjectives such as "juicy" when talking about larger sizes, makes me cringe at her and for her.

I like Claire..! :blush: I always think she seems a very nice person - yes she can get on me doodahs a bit at times but let's just say there are others who annoy me far more!

It's no good, I can't resist posting anymore - Clare Sutton drives me NUTS!, can't watch the silly woman!

:mysmilie_51::mysmilie_455::eek::headbang::mysmilie_505:

Ah, that feels better...:sun:

I met Claire, Julia and Liz Earle several years ago when QVC had a stand at the Ideal Home Show, we sat in on a Liz Earle hour that was being televised (great fun). Claire's voice was not sickly sweet at all, she is obviously very girly but her voice was normal - and she was such a lovely, friendly lady. So I don't know why she uses a different voice for when she's on air, it's not necessary at all.

We didn't get to speak to Julia much as she was about to go off somewhere, but we spoke to Liz for a bit and I was surprised to see close up just how much make-up she had on, I suppose for TV, but she has such an English rose complexion that it wasn't really needed.

Latest posts

Back