Chloe

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well she does have quite a big mouth to fill - shout, shout, shout, and DO NOT get me started on that pie butty . . . . .

CC

The Christmas food segments all morphed into one in the end .It made the stomach churn. Chloe was like a naughty child in a tuck shop.

Last edited:
I didn't see Chloe with the food, but in contrast and imo Pipa didn't do the tasting justice...most of the time she seemed to just touch the food and lick her fingers LOL. Charlie (the gannet)would have had a field day..

The head shaking and the constant stream of "mmmmm!! mmmmm!! mmmmm!!" was to let you know they were delicious, as if the constant strem, of "absolutely, beautiful, indeed, of course" wasn't enough.

I only saw Chloe on Pipa's show where she was a preamble to the food show and she was literally stuffing herself with a pie. Now if anything is likely to put me off buying a pie, the sight of someone stuffing it into their gob is it.

A bit off topic, has anyone heard of eating soup and a pie together, in the same dish? Someone in the staff canteen was having it. Yuk!

A bit off topic, has anyone heard of eating soup and a pie together, in the same dish? Someone in the staff canteen was having it. Yuk!

Now I like soup and I like pie but would never have them together. However there's no accounting for taste.:mysmilie_46:

Pie Sandwich

I used to work with a man year's ago who regularly ate a large meat pie in between two slices of bread.

Now, when I was about 10 years old, my Mum went into hospital. So it was left to Dad to look after me and my 2 younger brothers - we are talking the 50's here and long before 'new man' was invented. Dad worked night shift down the mines, and slept during the day, so barely knew he had 3 kids in the house, and once he got over the shock, he found he had to feed them too !

Dad didn't know one end of a cooker from the other, so we had some pretty ingenious concoctions from him, and one of them was............ Cornish pasties in a bowl covered with tomato soup ! Yep, I agree, sounds pretty disgusting, HOWEVER, it wasn't that bad and still remember it to this day. To be honest, its just like having soup in a bowl with a pie on the side. I bet if you were stuck in traffic on a cold day, then a flask full of hot soup eaten with a pie would be heaven !

There are things more disgusting...... my kid brother always insisted on having salad cream on everything, including a roast dinner !!!!

Last edited:
Awww, bless him, brissles! We lived in Cornwall for a while and I can just taste those old-fashioned pasties and with or without tomato soup, I bet they were nicer than the stuff QVC tries to flog as pies these days.

Not so different from having a pasty and plastering it in ketchup really! :mysmilie_5:

It didn't surprise me that Pippa hardly touched the food, when she did she was so delicate - I don't think she eats much at all. I think she is very image conscious. Chloe - well don't get me started on that old chestnut, the girl went for it big time LoL

I've had the QVC pies and I find the Sainsburys Taste the Difference Pies much better and just as packed full of great quality filling, and for £3 and something pence each for a large pie much cheaper (I don't work for them) - the food is overpriced on Q imo.

If I want pastry goods, there are excellent products at the supermarket. I have just enjoyed some wonderfull sausage rolls from M&S. Pricy for the high street, unless you compare the premium ranges at the other supermarkets, but still cheaper than shopping on QVC.

If I want pastry goods, there are excellent products at the supermarket. I have just enjoyed some wonderfull sausage rolls from M&S. Pricy for the high street, unless you compare the premium ranges at the other supermarkets, but still cheaper than shopping on QVC.

I love the black pudding and the hog roast and the chilli ones in Marks - and they are nearly always on offer for 3 packs.

I like my sausage rolls cooked (even the ones sold ready to eat) and then cooled and frozen and then eaten cold, so I do all 3 packs at once- and defrost a few now and again for a quick lunch is very handy and tasty. To me the quality and taste makes them worth a bit more (but as I dont buy anywhere else I'm not even sure that they are more expensive).

M&S are a godsend if you're entertaining. Their snacks taste home-made, in fact better because I couldn't make them as nice. But I wouldn't trust the soggy-bottom pies on QVC. Yuk. And that's before we mention the price of them and the popcorn, other snacks etc.

I used to have sugar sandwiches as a child, the thought makes me cringe now.I can't imagine why people buy food from Q but plenty obviously do but then again I am an Aldi convert.

Ooooooh, sugar sandwiches !! that just brought back memories of my old gran, giving me sandwiches of condensed milk !!!! I'm still here, a reasonable weight and with all my own teeth, so couldn't have been any worse than all of today's fizzy drinks that rots the teeth of kids.

Latest posts

Back