Chloe

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We used to have sugar on tomatoes when very young but slightly older I loved lemons dipped in salt. Now I hate sugar on anything but have to stop myself putting far too much salt on anything.

I love tomatoes sliced in half with a squirt of lemon juice and salt sprinkled on. The only way to eat tomatoes IMO!

Ooooooh, sugar sandwiches !! that just brought back memories of my old gran, giving me sandwiches of condensed milk !!!! I'm still here, a reasonable weight and with all my own teeth, so couldn't have been any worse than all of today's fizzy drinks that rots the teeth of kids.

My mum used to be a nurse just after the war and she always used to talk about condensed milk sandwiches. Much too sickly sweet for me.

I used to have sugar sandwiches as a child, the thought makes me cringe now.I can't imagine why people buy food from Q but plenty obviously do but then again I am an Aldi convert.

I remember brown sugar butties! I suppose they weren't the most healthy thing to eat but as Brissles said there wouldn't have contained as much sugar as in a can of coke.

A bit off topic, has anyone heard of eating soup and a pie together, in the same dish? Someone in the staff canteen was having it. Yuk!

Wtf? Sounds utterly bizarre. Mind you there's loads of strange stuff that seems to be "a thing" in food terms. A friend of mine eats pasta bake with crisps and salad cream on top of it and insists that's a thing where he's from... Sounds ridiculous and disgusting to me.
Edit: now I've finished reading the thread, there's a lot of bonkers stuff here too. Condensed milk sandwiches?!

I never ate sugar butties or condensed milk butties as a child but I did eat brown sauce butties lol. I do believe "up North" the pie in gravy is referred to as a floater. That is enough to put me right off before I've even tasted it. I think Chloe is from Manchester so the pie butty doesn't surprise me but it looked ugh. Even more ugh was her trying to get it in her mouth while the pie lady's mouth hit the floor :mysmilie_17:

CC

I never ate sugar butties or condensed milk butties as a child but I did eat brown sauce butties lol. I do believe "up North" the pie in gravy is referred to as a floater. That is enough to put me right off before I've even tasted it. I think Chloe is from Manchester so the pie butty doesn't surprise me but it looked ugh. Even more ugh was her trying to get it in her mouth while the pie lady's mouth hit the floor :mysmilie_17:

CC
I'm from Lancashire and I've never heard of a floater (well not in a food context!). My boss is from Wigan and he talks about "pie barms" but Wigan is full of pie eaters.

Latest posts

Back