Charlie bears...all sold out!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Charlie Bears....all sold out!

Hmmm...confused now....:33:

I always understood this to be the home of Charlie Bears : http://www.charliebears.co.uk/ ....and they give a page of links to stockists. When I was trying to find my bear, I emailed Charlie and she replied directing me to this list.

This store is a "best friends" stockist called "Magpies" : http://charliebearsuk.com/index.php

As the addresses are so similar, I think it can be misleading. Of course, I may be completely wrong...:1:

The main thing is....how gorgeous is your bear!!!!??? :3:

You're right Perdita.

Charlie bears...all sold out

A late arrival to this thread, I went into Ashby today and brought home a Josh bear for my 8 year old Josh's birthday in a couple of weeks. He loves Charlie Bears and already has Joshua. I was after Gabriel aswell for my little one but the stock had been delayed until Tuesday :( There's no rush though, I'm going to put it away until he's much bigger (my Gabriel not the bear Gabriel lol)

I will admit to being a Charlie Bears fan too. I have about 6 but can't remember their names off the top of my head. It's hard enough remembering the three kids!!!

Siren,

I was comparing the picture of Josh on the QVC website with pictures on another couple of websites, I thought they looked like two different bears but Charlotte has confirmed there is only one. What sort of shade of brown is yours? The QVC picture (which I prefer) looks a lot lighter. I just wondered how dark he was. Congrats on getting him.

Charlie Bears....all sold out

Well............please ask Finley to shout Slothy Joe's name VERY loudly, because he's still not turned up 'chez moi.' :17:

I'm in daily contact with the guy and he's frantically trying to chase it up for me. Parcelforce are saying there's a backlog, but as he and I said - other bears have arrived at their new homes safely so that could be an excuse. So ......... it'll be Monday now - if I'm lucky.

Oh Toril I'm so sorry, I ordered Slothy Joe for Finley on Friday and he's just arrived this morning. At least they're pulling out all the stops to try and find him - imagine if you'd ordered him from IW!! Both mine have come via Royal Mail's Signed For service, not Parcelforce. I'm keeping everything crossed for you that he arrives today, keep me posted.

Charlie Bears...all sold out!

A question for those who have already got Slothy Joe. Are his white bits (around his nose and eyes) supposed to be pure white or a sort of dirty grey white? I've just unwrapped him and the white looks very dirty to me. The white on his chest is a bit grubby looking too. However, being slothy, I'm not sure if that's how he's supposed to look. Your advice would be much appreciated.

A question for those who have already got Slothy Joe. Are his white bits (around his nose and eyes) supposed to be pure white or a sort of dirty grey white? I've just unwrapped him and the white looks very dirty to me. The white on his chest is a bit grubby looking too. However, being slothy, I'm not sure if that's how he's supposed to look. Your advice would be much appreciated.

Hi, Slothy Joe's chest and muzzle is more of a beige colour and not white.His nose has a darker shade which i guess does look a bit grubby!

He is gorgeous though.

Mel
www.cuteenies.co.uk

Oh Toril I'm so sorry, I ordered Slothy Joe for Finley on Friday and he's just arrived this morning. At least they're pulling out all the stops to try and find him - imagine if you'd ordered him from IW!! Both mine have come via Royal Mail's Signed For service, not Parcelforce. I'm keeping everything crossed for you that he arrives today, keep me posted.

I've just rung the guy again because Slothy is still kicking his heels somewhere. I cannot fault their customer care policy and will tell you what I mean later in the week.

On a more optimistic note, I went down the the Post Office to collect Little D this morning (he looked a little shaken, but not stirred, after his weekend in the depot ;)) Talk about cute!!

I asked if there was a backlog with Parcelforce (as that's what the supplier had been told) The post office bloke said that because of all the snow there was a 'hold up' in this area (we had about 8 inches of snow last week and the county ground to a halt) so hopefully, when someone from Parcelforce locates Slothy he'll be ferried here at top speed.

I can but hope.

I've just rung the guy again because Slothy is still kicking his heels somewhere. I cannot fault their customer care policy and will tell you what I mean later in the week.

On a more optimistic note, I went down the the Post Office to collect Little D this morning (he looked a little shaken, but not stirred, after his weekend in the depot ;)) Talk about cute!!

I asked if there was a backlog with Parcelforce (as that's what the supplier had been told) The post office bloke said that because of all the snow there was a 'hold up' in this area (we had about 8 inches of snow last week and the county ground to a halt) so hopefully, when someone from Parcelforce locates Slothy he'll be ferried here at top speed.

I can but hope.

Can't wait to hear what you have to say about their customer care policy. I didn't think about where you might live and that is obviously the reason for the delay. I live in London and after the first couple of days of bad snow, when we didn't get any deliveries, everything seemed to go back to normal quite quickly. Oh well, he'll certainly have a big adventure to tell you all about when he finally pitches up. In the meantime give Little D an extra portion or two of honey to build his strength up again!

I'm still not sure about the colour on my Slothy's snout. It almost looks as if black dye from the nose has rubbed off into the fur surrounding it. I'll wait till yours arrives and see what you have to say about it.

Siren,

I was comparing the picture of Josh on the QVC website with pictures on another couple of websites, I thought they looked like two different bears but Charlotte has confirmed there is only one. What sort of shade of brown is yours? The QVC picture (which I prefer) looks a lot lighter. I just wondered how dark he was. Congrats on getting him.

Hiya, he's a dark tipped bear with a brown collar and bell. He has pale "pads" and is ever so cute. Have you perhaps seen a pic of "Joshua" who is a completely different bear. Very pale, small and proper teddy bear style. Both are gorgeous :D

Attachments

• Josh.jpg
    Josh.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 212
  • joshua.jpg
    joshua.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 146
Hiya, he's a dark tipped bear with a brown collar and bell. He has pale "pads" and is ever so cute. Have you perhaps seen a pic of "Joshua" who is a completely different bear. Very pale, small and proper teddy bear style. Both are gorgeous :D

It was definitely Josh, not Joshua. I'll see if I can attach what I thought was a slightly paler version of him. Charlotte explained about pics taken with different cameras and used on different websites can vary in colour. I just wanted to check if the QVC pic was more like the real thing or if the darker image was. From what you've said and shown me he is defintely more like the darker pic.

Attachments

• Josh QVC.jpg
    Josh QVC.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 168
I didn't think about where you might live and that is obviously the reason for the delay.

I'm in Northants and we really got our fair share of snow a week on Friday, with more last Monday night and the county seemed to grind to a halt, especially as the gritting lorries seemed to forget where most of us lived. We must have had about six inches of the white stuff and that isn't counting the drifting in some places. There is still impacted snow outside my house now (although the rest of the road is now clear) because that side faces west and so only gets a few hours of sun. Therefore I can understand why Parcelforce may have had a backlog of parcels to deliver :33: and why they might not have been able to get up my road last week, but all I can think now is that the pile of parcels must be of Everest proportions as it hasn't snowed for a week here. However, I'd rather consider the possibility of a backlog, rather than the fact he's got lost en route. So my fingers are still firmly crossed............

Poor Slothy Joe!!!!

Maybe he's stopped off en route to make some snow bears :
snowbear-1.jpg

Or perhaps he's been modelling for some alternative snowmen/bears :
snowbear3.jpg

Or maybe his journey has tired him out and he's crashed in a heap somewhere, being slothful :

slothyjoe2.jpg

Poor Slothy Joe!!!!

Maybe he's stopped off en route to make some snow bears

Or maybe his journey has tired him out and he's crashed in a heap somewhere, being slothful

I've snow idea what he's up to ;) Those photos are lovely and the last one makes me realise why I ordered him. :)

It's full of personality, isn't it?

Hopefully there will be a flurry of activity at the Post Office and he'll arrive soon.

Poor Slothy Joe!!!!

Or maybe his journey has tired him out and he's crashed in a heap somewhere, being slothful :

slothyjoe2.jpg

Thanks for posting that big picture of him Perdita. Now I can see that his snout is supposed to have that 'dirty' look. It's hard to pick up on in the little pictures on websites. I introduced Slothy to Finley last night and they bonded immediately. Slothy is quite protective of Finley, being that much bigger. Only thing is they chattered away all last night and kept me awake. Hopefully they'll have finished catching up by tonight.

Only thing is they chattered away all last night and kept me awake. Hopefully they'll have finished catching up by tonight.

Heaven help me when Slothy turns up here then (he's still errant :() because after travelling heaven knows where, for more than 8 days, he'll be catching up with Sam, Pippin, Scooter and Little D.

Hope you get some sleep tonight. ;)

(And I was sane before this thread started, incase you were wondering. :54:)

Heaven help me when Slothy turns up here then (he's still errant :() because after travelling heaven knows where, for more than 8 days, he'll be catching up with Sam, Pippin, Scooter and Little D.

Hope you get some sleep tonight. ;)

(And I was sane before this thread started, incase you were wondering. :54:)

Sane, what's that - they don't accept sane people into Bears Annonymous!

One other thing I noticed about Slothy, he has beautiful eyes, like he's wearing eye liner. No doubt that means he'll be rummaging around in my make up case when he's bored. Maybe he should try some concealer on his snout!!

Thought I'd keep those of you who have been following Slothy's progress (or lack of it) up to date.

Apparently it isn't Parcelforce who should have delivered him .... he was sent by first class mail and I've got to sign for him, so it's Royal Mail. I've now received a tracking number and it confirms that he was received by the first post office in the chain on 9th February. After that the trail seems to go cold, so goodness knows where he is now. :(

I'm going to track him each day and hopefully I will read the name of my local post office before too long. I just feel sorry for the supplier because this has never happened before and other customers, whose bears went out on the same day as mine, were ringing him up to confirm their bear's arrival within a couple of days of their despatch.

Trust it to be mine who seems to have gone on a worldwide trip.

Ooooo ...... and I've just realised that I've gone orange, less than 24 hours after I made the donation. I wish Slothy had been that quick!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back