Charlie bears...all sold out!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Charlie Bears...all sold out!

Thanks to this thread :59: I ordered Slothy Joe from the Charlie Bears site. I rang the shop in Devon, as I couldn't be bothered to set up the required Google account, and had a delightful 'bear based' chat to the guy there. Slothy Joe was despatched this afternoon and will be arriving on Wednesday morning. Luckily my son will be at home to sign for him.

He was about £2.50 more expensive than the listed price on QVC, but as Topaz said, with free P&P he works out cheaper. Having now ordered from that site, I'll have to control my debit card or I'll have to get a second job to fund my bear hobby. :32:

I had an email saying Finley was despatched yesterday so hopefully I'll have him by Wednesday too. We'll have to compare notes, I'd love to hear what you think of Slothy when you get him.

Does anyone have Josh by any chance? I was looking at pictures of him on the QVC website and on websites of a couple of other stockists. The QVC one looks slightly different to me, lighter in colour and the markings on his feet. I prefer the QVC version but, needless to say, he's out of stock!!

What is their problem with cuddlies? Maybe they're worried that the teddy is loved more than they are? V odd!

I have a few of the Charlies bears and agree they're lovely and v well made. I went for the bunny (being a mad rabbit woman). I'd put it in my basket then went to put the kettle on determined to talk myself out buying it; by the time I retuned to my lappytappy it was sold out so I took that as a sign that I was meant to have it.

(Funny how I always interpret the signs in favour of another purchase ...see the Dents bag thread in the drop :8: )

Jude xx
Is the one with the big carrot (if you'll pardon the expression!)? Hannah, was it? I wanted that so much but it sold out before I could get to it. I have located one elsewhere, however, and have ordered it for myself as my own birthday pressie to myself - well it is a special year!

JUST REALISED, MY COMMENTS AND MY PIC MIGHT MAKE YOU THINK I HAVE A CARROT FETISH - I DON'T! REALLY!

I just had the most lovely email reply from Charlotte at Charlie Bears after I queried if they had made two versions of Josh. This is what she said: "

"Thank you for your email the two josh bears are the same I can promise!! they are just two different photographs that have been taken by two different companies, Colours are so hard to capture when taking the photos and it does not surprise me that the bears can look so different!! So please do not worry!!

If you do need me to locate a Josh bear for you as he is now becoming very difficult to find please let me know.

Thank you again for collecting our bears!! And please promise to keep in touch!!"

I thought that was so kind of her, I expected to get a response from one of their sales staff.

Is the one with the big carrot (if you'll pardon the expression!)? Hannah, was it? I wanted that so much but it sold out before I could get to it. I have located one elsewhere, however, and have ordered it for myself as my own birthday pressie to myself - well it is a special year!

JUST REALISED, MY COMMENTS AND MY PIC MIGHT MAKE YOU THINK I HAVE A CARROT FETISH - I DON'T! REALLY!

Happy Birthday Nicky-j. Don't you often think the best presents are the ones you buy for yourself - at least you get what you really want!! I gather this year is one that has a big zero in it?

Happy Birthday Nicky-j. Don't you often think the best presents are the ones you buy for yourself - at least you get what you really want!! I gather this year is one that has a big zero in it?

You've seen my xxxxxx's (blanked out to preserve familial relations!) pressies haven't you?! I know, it's the thought that counts ... and it's not just me she picks out for odd gifts with sale stickers still attached - we all get them.
It's still a little zero really - 40 this year (actually not for a couple of weeks), so that is significant too, and also I have had some work stuff to celebrate too, so I thought something cute would be appropriate.

Finley arrived this morning and looks none the worse for his journey - he's adorable. I had him sent to my office address and he's currently sat on my desk learning about computers! Toril, I hope when you get home tonight Slothy Joe's waiting to greet you.

Have to say I'm impressed with the service from Magpie - no p&p and delivered in 2 days. If I'd ordered him from QVC on Sunday I'd probably still be waiting.

Toril, I hope when you get home tonight Slothy Joe's waiting to greet you.

He'd not arrived when I got back so, having read your post I rang them. He was posted on Monday and should have arrived here today, but the guy I spoke to (who remembered me from Monday :11:) said he'd probably arrive tomorrow. (I suppose it depends on each individual post office) However, he's ringing me tonight with the tracking number. It's that kind of personal service that makes so much difference. I've told him that I will ring him as soon as Slothy arrives.

Hopefully, tomorrow evening I'll be able to post to say he's here. :1: So fingers crossed .............

Finley arrived this morning and looks none the worse for his journey - he's adorable. I had him sent to my office address and he's currently sat on my desk learning about computers! Toril, I hope when you get home tonight Slothy Joe's waiting to greet you.

Have to say I'm impressed with the service from Magpie - no p&p and delivered in 2 days. If I'd ordered him from QVC on Sunday I'd probably still be waiting.

I ordered my Hannah bunny from Magpie - on Sunday, so I have at least a day to wait, I guess. Can't wait to get her. I have a terrible feeling she is not going to be an 'only child' for very long!

I ordered my Hannah bunny from Magpie - on Sunday, so I have at least a day to wait, I guess. Can't wait to get her. I have a terrible feeling she is not going to be an 'only child' for very long!

Neither will Finley!

I've not seen any bear shows on QVC before but after reading this thread I fell for the sloth bear and then watched 2 of the shows.
What fantastic creations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm hoping my bear will come tomorrow and my OH will forgive me for splashing out when he see's sloth bear's little face. He reminds me of my cat Taz who often gives me that "you don't really love me or you would be feeding/chasing/playing/cuddling me face".

Hi All I am new on here and just wanted to post to say hello and also that I bought my first charlie bear on Sunday and have bought another few from various places since just waiting for them all to turn up :):)

Hi han welcome to the forum. Which charlie bears have you gone for? I think you will see what good quality they are when they all arrive at there new home :1:

Hi and welcome, Han.:) And guaranteed, Charlie Bears will probably invade your house 'en masse' once you've received your first one.

Update: (and counting the hours now ;))
The guy rang me tonight and apparently Slothy missed the last post on Monday (probably spent too long saying goodbye to his friends :18:) so it looks as though tomorrow will be D day .......or should that be Bear day?

Hi All I am new on here and just wanted to post to say hello and also that I bought my first charlie bear on Sunday and have bought another few from various places since just waiting for them all to turn up :):)

Hi Han, welcome. OK so which of the critters did you go for?

Hi and welcome, Han.:) And guaranteed, Charlie Bears will probably invade your house 'en masse' once you've received your first one.

Update: (and counting the hours now ;))
The guy rang me tonight and apparently Slothy missed the last post on Monday (probably spent too long saying goodbye to his friends :18:) so it looks as though tomorrow will be D day .......or should that be Bear day?

Bless! He was probably too slothy to get moving. Finley hibernated in his bag on the way home last night because it was cold and wet. However, he soon found a place he wanted to lie (on the back of the sofa). My cat then went over, front paws up on the sofa, sniffed his bag, gave him a long hard stare then decided he wasn't a threat and returned to the fire. Don't know how she'll react when the back of the sofa is covered with Finley's friends as that's one of her favourite summer spots.

Latest posts

Back