CH - here we go again........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

janie

Registered Shopper
thought i'd watch the fashion jewellery show but just a couple minutes of CH and i'm ready to throw something at the tv.

i am so sick of this woman's LIES!! in a similar vein to her claptrap about p&p and how every other retailer was charging more even though qvc needed to pay for the warehouse etc (wonder where she thinks other places store their stock???).....now we have her sales spiel -

"NO other retailers will give a 30 day mbg for sale goods. at least NONE that i know of".

then we go to a slight change -

"maybe it's got better now and SOME of them will let you return something but that's ONLY WITHIN 2 WEEKS........and then you'll ONLY GET A CREDIT NOTE!!!"

complete bollocks! shut up woman - try talking about what you're flogging instead of talking about yourself and making up libel against other stores as you go. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

how could i forget her other LIE - sale goods in stores are always damaged.

in my experience, i'm far more likely to get something damaged or second hand from qvc than anywhere else on the planet. and that's at FULL price!

You seem to know alot of what she said from watching only a couple of minutes lol If u dont like a certain presenter dont watch qvc when there on air noboday forces you, i dont watch any of Df or craigs shows :)

You seem to know alot of what she said from watching only a couple of minutes lol If u dont like a certain presenter dont watch qvc when there on air noboday forces you, i dont watch any of Df or craigs shows :)

not this old chestnut....i don't know why some people are surprised to see i actually watch if i'm interested in the product! (not the presenter). you may watch to see a presenter but speak for yourself - i don't.

an awful lot? read the sentences - takes far less time than a couple minutes. and yes that was all i did watch. then maybe 30 seconds of the next hour - until i saw it was still CH - and still lying. in that time she stated categorically everything in the sale in shops has been rifled through by other people before you get to it. said with appropriate distaste.

SH is unbearable imo. Any time I've seen her (and that's not often because I switch her off asap!) she's making outrageous claims and lying through her teeth. She really shouldn't be on Q as the channel loses credibility due to her untruths. Dreadful woman.

SH is unbearable imo. Any time I've seen her (and that's not often because I switch her off asap!) she's making outrageous claims and lying through her teeth. She really shouldn't be on Q as the channel loses credibility due to her untruths. Dreadful woman.

Exactly what i was going to say. As well as this the product imo from her is virtually nil. If she is selling. clothes she will always talk about her "lumps and bumps" fishing for compliments. whilst trying to appear coy. Meanwhile we are none the wiser about the clothes.

Last edited:
Calling her a liar is very extreme. A lie requires deliberately saying something that isn't true.

Many retailers either refuse to refund sales goods at all, or only for a short time, or only for a credit note on sale items. Unless of course the return is within your statutory rights.

I have been given a credit note on numerous occasions by high street stores. Sometimes I have been able to return things unworn, with tags and receipt within either 7 or 14 days.

Catherine perhaps could have said it better, but calling her a liar sounds like another witch hunt to me.

If any of you know of a high street retailer who will refund a sale item, not on a credit note, when the item has been used for up to 30 days I would br interested to know so maybe I can start shopping there.

Having worked in many high street retailers i no how much pressure you have coming from above to make sales by any means possible and sadly they encouraged you to bend the truth often, im not saying its right but if you wanna keep your job you have to do it, Also on the high street ur dealing with individual customer's where as on QVC ur speaking to thousands and scrutinised on every work you say, alot that the presents say is coming thru there ear piece from producers aswell. I like catherine and would by far rather watch her shows that some of the others with the hard sell and encouranging views to buy more than one and actually learnt something i never knew the other day from CH i wasnt aware you can only order up to 5 items of the same item and get the half price p&p on the second and so on items, personally i think thats unfair and they should be like IW and if ur ordering more than one of the same item u pay one p&p and u can order as many as you like unlike QVC being capped at 5.

Having worked in many high street retailers i no how much pressure you have coming from above to make sales by any means possible and sadly they encouraged you to bend the truth often, im not saying its right but if you wanna keep your job you have to do it, Also on the high street ur dealing with individual customer's where as on QVC ur speaking to thousands and scrutinised on every work you say, alot that the presents say is coming thru there ear piece from producers aswell. I like catherine and would by far rather watch her shows that some of the others with the hard sell and encouranging views to buy more than one and actually learnt something i never knew the other day from CH i wasnt aware you can only order up to 5 items of the same item and get the half price p&p on the second and so on items, personally i think thats unfair and they should be like IW and if ur ordering more than one of the same item u pay one p&p and u can order as many as you like unlike QVC being capped at 5.

I never knew that either

It was. mentioned several times on the day of the Elemis TSV . Keeley said she ordered 10. ond had to put in 2 separate orders to get the reduction on the P&P as 5 was the limit.. The presenters then encouraged us to do the same.

I didn't know that either. Another stupid restriction by Q. You'd think that if some sucker was going to buy more than 5 of something they'd be delighted to oblige and make the damned P&P free, never mind trying to block people. They really are stupid and petty at times.

I once saw Lola Rose bracelets for about £9.99 and wanted 6 for my regular reunion friends, I was told that I had to do 2 orders. ......they were on wait list ..then I never got them!!

Who is SH?

Calling her a liar is very extreme. A lie requires deliberately saying something that isn't true.

Many retailers either refuse to refund sales goods at all, or only for a short time, or only for a credit note on sale items. Unless of course the return is within your statutory rights.

I have been given a credit note on numerous occasions by high street stores. Sometimes I have been able to return things unworn, with tags and receipt within either 7 or 14 days.

Catherine perhaps could have said it better, but calling her a liar sounds like another witch hunt to me.

If any of you know of a high street retailer who will refund a sale item, not on a credit note, when the item has been used for up to 30 days I would br interested to know so maybe I can start shopping there.

i've never bought anything anywhere where i've been refused the sale price refund on a sale item. she didn't say anything about using it for 30 days just that any other retailer would NOT give you a refund of any description. she then qualified it a little by saying you MIGHT get a credit note but only within 2 weeks. so i can ask the same question - who are the many retailers who have only given you a credit note - numerous times?

sorry but what she said are lies. you can dress it up and call it untruths if you think it sounds better but they are outright lies and i'm sure she could get qvc in trouble with it - if other retailers were remotely worried about the 'competition'.

it is not coming through the earpiece because just like the 'we charge p&p to pay the warehouse staff and because we're cheaper than anyone else' (2 LIES) she is the only one who says it. why doesn't she concentrate on bigging up her own product - come to that, tell us anything about it - instead of making up stuff about other genuine honmest retailers.

Miss Huntley would do well to focus on what she considers to be the benefits of shopping with QVC, and when it comes to other retailers keep it buttoned.

Running down the competition is not good business practise and can often come back to bite you on your "lumps and bumps".

Miss Huntley would do well to focus on what she considers to be the benefits of shopping with QVC, and when it comes to other retailers keep it buttoned.

Running down the competition is not good business practise and can often come back to bite you on your "lumps and bumps".

I agree, especially if she has been giving misleading information. I've not viewed the programmes myself but clearly it's made several viewers annoyed.

Latest posts

Back