Centigrade TSV 30/10/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Apparently it would make a great gift!! - aaagghh.

Debbie flint in the last hour said to go up a size in this coat, dont know if Jilly has said this. Also, the plus model in the XL size hasnt fastened the coat - maybe she cant - does it fit her when buttoned I am wondering - hum!

The new crop of models are rubbish ! A shawl 'throw on' coat was being presented, and what did the model do ? just stood there! she didn't move, turn around, hold her arms out, nothing but stood and grinned ! I wanted to see how roomy the arms were, and what sort of sweep it had on it, - my dog could have done a better job. No sale here as a result.

I recorded this show and have just watched it back. Its a nice little jacket and I may be tempted but the sizing worries me. I have 2 other centigrade jackets in size small(Im a size 12) but according to this size chart I need a med or large in this one.They said the plus-size model is in XL but failed to state her highstreet size so no help there. Jilly sat hunched over in it and never got off her stool or said what size she has on so i fail to see why she even bothered to put it on. I was going to wait and see if other presenters later in the day are more helpful(Debbie F or Kathy are good at saying what size they have on ete) but this lazy presentation has p**d me right off and I cant be bothered so I may take myself into town, start my xmas shopping at have a look at the jackets in the shops. If Jilly had been a better presenter, they would have got a sale out of me.

I felt I needed a large when going by the chest size but I got in both the xs and small!! I am tempted too and will go for the small this time as I would definitely want this done up over thin jumpers. Can't decide between black and mushroom. Should go for black so better with work clothes I suppose.

Know what you mean about the presentation though. Am watching repeats. How many times can one man say "go-to"? Grr :banghead:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I felt I needed a large when going by the chest size but I got in both the xs and small in the one time only! I am tempted too and will go for the small this time as I would definitely want this done up over thin jumpers. Can't decide between black and mushroom. Should go for black so better with work clothes I suppose.

Know what you mean about the presentation though. Am watching repeats. How many times can one man say "go-to"? Grr :banghead:

Meant to edit to say I had the one time only which seems to be just a longer version.

Last edited:
I agree about the models just standing there, I wonder where they found them.....

sizing worries me and. on the few occasions i've ordered this range the sizing is terrible. I'm a size 10 and have tried both smalll and xs and neither has. fitted well. I really like the jacket but if it has to be returned the wasted P&P both ways is way too much to risk.

It's been said before that the sizing is so inconsistent with this range. I've had to return one before and it was expensive. They don't give the sizes out properly. Return under DSR if necessary. I know it would still cost but at least you would get original p & p back.

I only have one Centipede coat. And it's similar to the TSV but it has buttons. The fit is fine but it's so uncomfortable to wear in the car. It shoves up at the back somehow so the collar and shoulders are pushed up. I either take it off or spend minutes rearranging myself then wishing I'd taken it off when it happens all over again 20 minutes into the journey. Other than that it's a lovely coat lol

I only have one Centipede coat. And it's similar to the TSV but it has buttons. The fit is fine but it's so uncomfortable to wear in the car. It shoves up at the back somehow so the collar and shoulders are pushed up. I either take it off or spend minutes rearranging myself then wishing I'd taken it off when it happens all over again 20 minutes into the journey. Other than that it's a lovely coat lol

Yes this can be a problem with faux shearling, they can "walk" and twist jumpers round and pull sleeves up or down. If this happens it makes the jacket unbearable to wear.

I recorded this show and have just watched it back. Its a nice little jacket and I may be tempted but the sizing worries me. I have 2 other centigrade jackets in size small(Im a size 12) but according to this size chart I need a med or large in this one.They said the plus-size model is in XL but failed to state her highstreet size so no help there. Jilly sat hunched over in it and never got off her stool or said what size she has on so i fail to see why she even bothered to put it on. I was going to wait and see if other presenters later in the day are more helpful(Debbie F or Kathy are good at saying what size they have on ete) but this lazy presentation has p**d me right off and I cant be bothered so I may take myself into town, start my xmas shopping at have a look at the jackets in the shops. If Jilly had been a better presenter, they would have got a sale out of me.

Couldnt agree with you more Bauble. I too was waiting for Jilly to get up and show us how it looked on her and what size she was wearing. If Julia or Kathy had been presenting they would have done that. Oh how I wish they would stop telling us where we could wear it etc and concentrate on sizing and fit etc, which is afterall the most important thing. I dont need to be told that I can wear this to the shops and then out in the evening surely!!

Couldnt agree with you more Bauble. I too was waiting for Jilly to get up and show us how it looked on her and what size she was wearing. If Julia or Kathy had been presenting they would have done that. Oh how I wish they would stop telling us where we could wear it etc and concentrate on sizing and fit etc, which is afterall the most important thing. I dont need to be told that I can wear this to the shops and then out in the evening surely!!

It makes you wonder how we managed to dress ourselves appropriately before we got their invaluable advice.

It's been said before that the sizing is so inconsistent with this range. I've had to return one before and it was expensive. They don't give the sizes out properly. Return under DSR if necessary. I know it would still cost but at least you would get original p & p back.

I agree. I've four Centipede coats, two XS, one S and one in M. I am usually a size 6-8 in the dreaded high street which makes the notion of me having to buy a size medium coat seem really daft, but I did, as the chest size on it was something like 37 inches (again, ridiculous when you consider that on some Centipede shows they show size XS coats with a 41 inch chest). If I was going for the TSV today I'd have to order a size S rather than XS, I am a bit tempted with it I must say.

On the whole and sizing issues apart this is the one fashion range I've bought consistently from on QVC and been happy with...

I thought Jilly did the coat no favours, as siad before she sat hunched over and you could not see the coat properly.

I just wonder why the 'kids' in the Gallery dont say anything. They are forever spouting 'funnies' in the presenters ear pieces for joke purposes, so why the hell aren't they more constructive and tell them what we can and cant see on the ****** screen !!!! and A) give out sizes STRAIGHT AWAY
B) get the models to MOVE in the clothes
C) show us the option colours - too often the camera pans in on just the colour the model is wearing without giving the viewers the rest on screen

Is there NO-ONE of mature years in overall charge of live shows ?

Me to Miss Molly. I'm usually indifferent to the p&p seeing it simply as part of the price but with the wonky sizing on clothes it can be an expensive chance to try on something that doesn't fit.

with the postage to us and the return back too them, I could buy a jacket in primark

Latest posts

Back