Centigrade TSV 28/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmm, afraid I treat these messages with a large pinch of salt that they read out from twatter or faceache.

Am sure DF just read out a tweet or fakebook message that someone had over 50 of these Centigrade Coats and most were in her loft!? Who on earth has over 50 coats. I've been watching for 20 years and have only seen about 2 that I would seriously buy???

Maybe it's me but I don't get some of these obsessive fans that do this???????? :mysmilie_5:

Last edited:
Hmm, afraid I treat these messages with a large pinch of salt that they read out from twatter or faceache.

It depends how you define genuine, doesn't it? If the message has been solicited (and how often does Debbie in particular ask people to get in touch and suggests topics - like how many do you own? when did you first hear? what do you think of?) ... then there are some very well-trained, or very cosily "in" people who will get their fingers busy on social media with some song of praise or another, as they know that if they are in the "inner circle" they are almost guaranteed to get their comments read out, or a namecheck, or both. How genuine is it? About as genuine as a "plant" in a medium show or a magic show, really.

So comments from a claque* Genuine? Maybe so... but credible? Definitely not!
claque
klak,klɑːk/
noun
noun: claque; plural noun: claques

1. a group of sycophantic followers.
"the President was surrounded by a claque of scheming bureaucrats"
2. a group of people hired to applaud (or heckle) a performer or public speaker.

Origin
mid 19th century: French, from claquer ‘to clap’. The practice of paying members of an audience for their support originated at the Paris opera.

Great word "claque"!

Anyone else remember CJ's yes men in The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin?

"Great!" :mysmilie_8:

"Super" :mysmilie_47:

I'd be seriously sceptical if they told me today was Friday.:mysmilie_17:
It depends how you define genuine, doesn't it? If the message has been solicited (and how often does Debbie in particular ask people to get in touch and suggests topics - like how many do you own? when did you first hear? what do you think of?) ... then there are some very well-trained, or very cosily "in" people who will get their fingers busy on social media with some song of praise or another, as they know that if they are in the "inner circle" they are almost guaranteed to get their comments read out, or a namecheck, or both. How genuine is it? About as genuine as a "plant" in a medium show or a magic show, really.

So comments from a claque* Genuine? Maybe so... but credible? Definitely not!

Hahaaa! Yes, I could name a few. Now where shall I start, CJ CJ CJ :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back