Catherine Huntley

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too be honest seen Catherine on today - and she's looking pretty hot. I'd be quite interested myself if it wasn't for previously reading about her tweeting about her farting :)

I agree having just caught sight of her on the fashion outlet show. Catherine is a woman who most probably now has some time to think about herself with her children having grown up now. Fortunately for her she is still young enough to experiment with different styles, hair, make up, clothes etc.

My kids are still at home, In the future when I will get a chance to think about myself again I'm sure the extentions will get tangled up in my zimmer! (nice image:happy:)

Sorry to disappoint you London but when your kids leave home they're even more of a worry and things go wrong which need sorting out - by Mum. In addition to hassle, there is travelling involved too. :sweat:

She must have had her children when she was quite young and seems to have brought them up mainly by herself which I admire her for. I like her though and think she probably comes over as being sweet and gushy because she is sweet and gushy by nature.

It doesn't take long for a complimentary thread to turn into an insulting one, does it?

No, implying that people are being insulting is not being nasty. I stand corrected.

And making a comment like that is obviously designed to be inclusive and not make people feel marginalised or belittled for not agreeing with the OP.

I apologise PROFUSELY Nicky-j. I don't know what I was thinking of. :mysmilie_857:

No, implying that people are being insulting is not being nasty. I stand corrected.

And making a comment like that is obviously designed to be inclusive and not make people feel marginalised or belittled for not agreeing with the OP.

I apologise PROFUSELY Nicky-j. I don't know what I was thinking of. :mysmilie_857:

I was pretty certain the comment I made wasn't nasty, or I wouldn't have made it. I was pretty certain … at least by comparison with calling someone fake, sickly or sleazy. I was also pretty certain that, since many people in this forum like to quote 'free speech' and having a right to express an opinion, that would also apply to mine. So, I stand corrected. These won't be mistakes I'll be making again.

You're doing it again, KTWB.

Too be honest seen Catherine on today - and she's looking pretty hot. I'd be quite interested myself if it wasn't for previously reading about her tweeting about her farting :)

Attractive indeed but have to say I am not a fan of the hair extensions. I think she looks great with a bob. Neverthless she still annoys me with her presenting style but I can admire but when she is on so tend to turn her down or switch over and and check on line.

My opinion is that it's very easy to find fault from the safety of your pc/lap top, webcam safely switched off and funny avatar uploaded of course.:cool: It's also my opinion that despite many thinking they are in the public eye, and therefore it's fair game to make personel remarks about the presenters appearance, they are human and it must be hurtful to be constantly criticised.
I thought Catherine looked really well :whew:.:bow:

My opinion is that it's very easy to find fault from the safety of your pc/lap top, webcam safely switched off and funny avatar uploaded of course.:cool: It's also my opinion that despite many thinking they are in the public eye, and therefore it's fair game to make personel remarks about the presenters appearance, they are human and it must be hurtful to be constantly criticised.

Ah, the anonymity of the internet, let's be as nasty as possible with alacrity, without censure. But it's free speech and our opinion, innit?

Last edited:
But she isn't constantly criticised-I would say there are as many on here who like her as those who don't. I am not keen lately, but I don't think she will lose any sleep over my opinion - and why should she? She clearly loves her job, and her life seems very happy. I did once send her a message saying how fabulous she looked (with her bob), but I thought she looked less than her best with the hair extensions this week.

Oh yes: if you don't agree with something on this here forum it's because you're a malicious coward who just wants to cause trouble.

Does that apply to people like Graham the site owner, who start threads talking about problems they have with organisations like QVC that take customer's money (more than once, in QVC's case) and then cause customers problems?

Or is it just people who post about presenters that are malicious cowards? Funny that the site owner and the moderator don't seem to share your opinion: are they being malicious cowards as well?

And your posting the above message "from the safety of your pc/lap top, webcam safely switched off and funny avatar uploaded" is obviously supposed to be ironic, no? :wink:

And I'd turn my webcam on for you, but I'm afraid I don't have one. I must admit I'm confused: what do webcams have to do with anything? :angel:

Oh yes: if you don't agree with something on this here forum it's because you're a malicious coward who just wants to cause trouble.

Does that apply to people like Graham the site owner, who start threads talking about problems they have with organisations like QVC that take customer's money (more than once, in QVC's case) and then cause customers problems?

Or is it just people who post about presenters that are malicious cowards? Funny that the site owner and the moderator don't seem to share your opinion: are they being malicious cowards as well?

And your posting the above message "from the safety of your pc/lap top, webcam safely switched off and funny avatar uploaded" is obviously supposed to be ironic, no? :wink:

And I'd turn my webcam on for you, but I'm afraid I don't have one. I must admit I'm confused: what do webcams have to do with anything? :angel:

You seem to enjoy targeting people who have a different opinion KTWB. You also seem to bring Graham and the mods into a lot of your posts as back up?
Some posters enjoy criticising presenters and some don't. Why is this a source of never-ending conflict? If you choose to criticise then obviously that's your right, but surely it's also the right of others to have their say.

You seem to enjoy targeting people who have a different opinion KTWB. You also seem to bring Graham and the mods into a lot of your posts as back up?
Some posters enjoy criticising presenters and some don't. Why is this a source of never-ending conflict? If you choose to criticise then obviously that's your right, but surely it's also the right of others to have their say.

1. I'm impressed that you can tell what I'm thinking from my hiding behind an avatar and a pseudonym, "petpixie". However, PLENTY of people have posted opinions in this thread that I don't agree with, and I've not said anything: why should I? I'm only concerned about those who go on about not being able to voice their opinion while arbitrarily labelling others as "insulting" or worse - the last post I quoted wasn't constructive, but just made a sweeping statement.

As for mentioning Graham and the mods - I just want to remind some people who may have forgotten that this site already has an owner and mods who are very visible on these boards. It's up to THEM to deal with any posts that are deemed to be out of order: it really doesn't need any self-appointed "forum police" to say what should/should not be posted. I have to admit I'm bemused at the thought you think I need back up (for what, I really don't know), but I'm sure that if I do have a problem on here the mods would be only too happy to help (as they have helped plenty of others on here). I'm sure that was what I was saying: I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough for you. I hope this response helps, as I would not want anyone to think that I'm trying to get Graham or the moderators to help me "target people who have a different opinion".

2. That may well be true. But that does not mean that EVERY post criticising presenters is about people playing to the crowd. Plenty of threads have been started on here about those who feel that QVC presenters have mis-sold an item (or three). Writing every critical post off as people just causing trouble is hardly fair to those who posted them.

3. Maybe clarification is needed from Graham about what sort of posts are allowed on here? Would THAT set your mind at rest? After all, as site owner he IS the final word on what happens here, and I'm sure we'd all abide by his decisions quite happily? Or are you concerned that I'm only mentioning him because I need this mysterious "back up" you requested?

:hi:

Last edited:
As far as I can tell no one is saying what can and can't be posted. Some people are of the opinion that
commenting about the presenters in a negative way is fine and others say they are uncomfortable with it. Why is the latter classed as policing the forum. It is just forum members having their say.

Paying a compliment...

There might come a time when people who genuinely want to compiment a presenter for whatever reason won't bother because they know that somewhere along the line that thread will be turned into a free for all to criticise and vent their negativity for what ever reason they have. They will reply they have the right to their opinion, and so they have.

But, presenters at qvc who read this forum must be laughing to themselves because they know that a few posts down the line it will usually end up with in-house arguing and that then seemingly turning 'nasty' against each other.

I don't think that this gives any discussion credibility as people will most probably just stitch off saying 'here we go again...'. I have to add I think there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism put across in a way not to offend.

Obviously in life we have the right to say what we want (within the law) but it would be nice to treat people as you would like to be treated whether in this false cyber world or face to face.

Maybe that's just me... a new forum member having my say

As for mentioning Graham and the mods - I just want to remind some people who may have forgotten that this site already has an owner and mods who are very visible on these boards. It's up to THEM to deal with any posts that are deemed to be out of order: it really doesn't need any self-appointed "forum police" to say what should/should not be posted.

Maybe clarification is needed from Graham about what sort of posts are allowed on here? Would THAT set your mind at rest? After all, as site owner he IS the final word on what happens here, and I'm sure we'd all abide by his decisions quite happily? Or are you concerned that I'm only mentioning him because I need this mysterious "back up" you requested?

I'm pretty sure people are well aware of this ''Klarion'' and don't need your constant reminders every time you post. Taking issue with your posts isn't 'forum policing' as you keep putting it ~ it's simply having a different opinion to you.

My mind is perfectly rested thanks and I'm not quite sure why you refer to your needing constant back up as mysterious. However you're obviously entitled to see it that way if you wish :sun:

It would be nice to read a QVC thread that didn't contain any unpleasantness or a feeling that certain posters are being picked on.

"Opinions"

This disagreement seems to be circulating and recirculating ad infinitum because while people are resolutely stating they are entitled to their opinion, there seems to be some confusion over what it is that their opinions are about, and what opinions are relevant here.

THis is a forum about shopping telly, I think we all agree on that? If posts were a simple "Oooh, I think whoever is lovely / a tosser / selling a load of old shite / looking like a dragon..." or whatever, followed by however many replies from people consisting of "oh yes I agree" or "oh no I think thats a load of rollocks because I think this...", then yes, that would be the expression of people's oft quoted opinions, which we all seem to agree we are entitled to (??) However, it seems like some people think that comments should not be made if they are of a negative nature, and that this (saying they dont like the negative posts) is their opinion, but to me that doesn't seem like an opinion about shopping telly and / or its content (which I thought was the point), it's an opinion on the forum and how it functions, and as has been stated already, that's surely for Graham et al to decide, and I think that could be why the 'forum police' gripe keeps raises its head. Maybe if there was some clarification of this there might be some kiind of truce drawn?

Im not saying that any of these standpoints is right or wrong, Im just trying to get to the root of it.

Last edited:
My thinking is that there are a few posters that just have to have the last say about everything, and who imho are just attention seeking. It isn't something new, it has gone on for years. I am sure that most FM's know exactly who the attention seekers are.

Graham and I have clarified this particular point on numerous occasions but I will do so once again.

This forum is about shopping telly and to discuss all things shopping telly, this includes the presenters. There will of course be postive and negative views and whilst you may not agree with all the views stated everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back