Catherine Huntley

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a lot of talk here about people being entitled to voice an opinion. Which I support. I was voicing my own when I mentioned how quickly threads turn negative. I'm realising now that I'm probably in a small minority in finding some of the comments rude. Perhaps forums are not the 'place' for me to be.

There's been a lot of talk here about people being entitled to voice an opinion. Which I support. I was voicing my own when I mentioned how quickly threads turn negative. I'm realising now that I'm probably in a small minority in finding some of the comments rude. Perhaps forums are not the 'place' for me to be.

No-I think forums should include all of us who watch QVC. I don't think you are in a minority at all. I find some comments rude, too. Sometime I make comments that could be considered rude by others. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be on here - if we all felt the same, there would be no need for the forum to exist, in my opinion, because we would all simply press the "thanks" button every time a new thread was posted! And how pointless would that be? As long as we respect the right of everyone to have an opinion without things becoming nasty, I don't think there should be a problem. We have differing opions on this thread, but it hasn't got personal or nasty, so to my mind, that's the way it should be.

i do wonder sometimes why anyone posting positive comments about a tv presenter on a public forum is going to expect anything except a number of opposing comments. youre basically inviting people to disagree, arent you? and isnt that the point?

or maybe we should all come on here and agree with eachother about everything. c'mon now. :taphead:

Last edited:
BB.
I have posted a comment for you on the other C. Huntley thread which I would be grateful if you read.

As to this thread, generally.
Variety is the spice of life and we should be aware that everyone's opinion, whilst different is valid. It may grate a bit that people don't agree but if it was a good friend disagreeing with your opinion would it be taken so personally?
If a friend was slating Take That for allowing Robbie back or Sally Webster on Coronation Street for kicking out Kevin/sleeping with that Tyrone guy, would it be such a big deal, probably not and to some people these are just as important issues and real as anything in print on this Forum site.
I think sometimes feelings are escalated because there is no face to face interraction and that's why opinions run so high because it all relates to what's being written which can so often be misconstrued, something that is less likely to happen face to face.
How many times I have rewritten something because it sounds OK in my head but on paper/computer it reads so very differently and not how my mind imagines it at all, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I didn't like Catherine's hair extensions , I thought it was much too long and straggley, and I didn't think that the off the sholder number suited her, She is such a lovely looking lady and is usually well turned out.Just goes to show how different we all percieve things, one man's meat and all that!

PRESENT FOR YOU, MY LOVE ....

151035.jpg
:blush:

I appreciate the thought, Moynah.

But I much prefer Chivers: it tastes better in a trifle :nod:

I apologise if it seemed to you that I was trying to shout you down.

But you must realise that your posting a comment about how terrible it was that people were making comments that did not agree with the OP could also come across as your trying to stop people stating THEIR opinions.

Rather than comment on people posting stuff we may not agree with, why don't we all accept that everyone's opinions are different, and as far as they relate to shopping telly Graham the site owner and Shazza the moderator are more than happy for us all to comment?

This site does not need anyone else (including ME, before anyone starts) saying what this site should or should not allow; Graham and Sazza seem to have all that in hand. I'm sure that they will be only too happy to investigate any post that any of us think is too "rude".

But if anyone does disagree with the fact that negative comments about presenters (or QVC itself) are allowed to be posted here, instead of threads deteriorating into PMs getting attacked, why not contact Graham and Shazza privately about your concerns?

Why does every thread where there's a difference of opinion have to turn nasty? We ALL have different opinions: that's normal. It would not be normal if the site was full of people mindlessly agreeing with each other for fear of having a group of people (who are NOT responsible for the running of this site) come down on them like a ton of bricks.

Last edited:
Catherine's rocking the long hair look, her persona seemed more flirty & girly today as a result I think.

I don't mind the hair and I think she has a stunning figure,but as a presenter she is too gushing for me and is a close second to Claire Sutton,but better looking by far.

Anyone hear Claire having a sly dig at Catherine's hair today,saying she must have a button on the top of her head like Tressy doll that releases her locks...hmm she should talk with her hair!!!

I wonder if Chuntley fancies going to Malawi this summer?

BREAKING NEWS

:devil:

Last edited:
Just to add my bit about the hair, I thought it looked awful. That length of hair isn't flattering for anyone other than a young girl, let along false hair. I hate anything fake really. Why does everything have to be instant these days?

I apologise if it seemed to you that I was trying to shout you down.
But you must realise that your posting a comment about how terrible it was that people were making comments that did not agree with the OP could also come across as your trying to stop people stating THEIR opinions.
Rather than comment on people posting stuff we may not agree with, why don't we all accept that everyone's opinions are different, and as far as they relate to shopping telly Graham the site owner and Shazza the moderator are more than happy for us all to comment?
This site does not need anyone else (including ME, before anyone starts) saying what this site should or should not allow; Graham and Sazza seem to have all that in hand. I'm sure that they will be only too happy to investigate any post that any of us think is too "rude".
But if anyone does disagree with the fact that negative comments about presenters (or QVC itself) are allowed to be posted here, instead of threads deteriorating into PMs getting attacked, why not contact Graham and Shazza privately about your concerns?
Why does every thread where there's a difference of opinion have to turn nasty? We ALL have different opinions: that's normal. It would not be normal if the site was full of people mindlessly agreeing with each other for fear of having a group of people (who are NOT responsible for the running of this site) come down on them like a ton of bricks.

I really can't see how commenting that it didn't take long for a positive thread to become negative can be construed as me 'trying to stop people expressing THEIR opinions'. It was a comment expressing MY opinion, just like all the others. I did not think anyone was trying to shout me down. But this is why I did think that, perhaps, there was an element of some opinions being given more encouragement than others. I have been told that this is not the case. My experience has been different, but I accept that. I made a comment, only a short one, and one which was 'off-the-cuff'. All I was saying was that it didn't take long for the criticisms to come. It was nothing more than an observation, if you like.
As it happens I don't think that the purpose of a forum is to start a debate, but to express opinions, share information etc. Yes, it's a good place to post complaints about service, or products and so on. I don't necessarily think it's the best outlet for people to make personal criticisms, but okay, if that's what people want to do. I do find it a bit sad that as soon as someone says something positive about a presenter they are immediately countered with less than flattering comments. Perhaps I have missed the point? That is why I said perhaps a forum was no longer the 'place' for me.

As far as I can see this thread has not 'turned nasty'. I certainly have not been nasty, and I haven't seen where anyone else has been either! I'm all for robust debate but am sorry that this thread, which was clearly started with such good intentions has become something else.

And finally, and this may well be absolutely final for me, I would never dare to suggest what should and shouldn't be allowed on this, or any other forum. There are people already doing a great job at that. If I had serious concerns about postings/behaviour on here I would, as you suggest, take it up with them. I do not. I am appalled that you have somehow gotten the impression that I am that arrogant! I had hoped that my comment might make people think before they routinely disparage individuals (presenters & guests etc) in such personal ways. That was all.
My small comment, for whatever reason, seems to have been taken as out of place, while others are simply members expressing their right to an opinion.

Just to add my bit about the hair, I thought it looked awful. That length of hair isn't flattering for anyone other than a young girl, let along false hair. I hate anything fake really. Why does everything have to be instant these days?

I agree. I think it looks dreadful & SO fake looking. :doh: but she clealry thinks it looks wonderful. Ah well each to their own.

I really can't see how commenting that it didn't take long for a positive thread to become negative can be construed as me 'trying to stop people expressing THEIR opinions'. It was a comment expressing MY opinion, just like all the others. I did not think anyone was trying to shout me down. But this is why I did think that, perhaps, there was an element of some opinions being given more encouragement than others. I have been told that this is not the case. My experience has been different, but I accept that. I made a comment, only a short one, and one which was 'off-the-cuff'. All I was saying was that it didn't take long for the criticisms to come. It was nothing more than an observation, if you like.
As it happens I don't think that the purpose of a forum is to start a debate, but to express opinions, share information etc. Yes, it's a good place to post complaints about service, or products and so on. I don't necessarily think it's the best outlet for people to make personal criticisms, but okay, if that's what people want to do. I do find it a bit sad that as soon as someone says something positive about a presenter they are immediately countered with less than flattering comments. Perhaps I have missed the point? That is why I said perhaps a forum was no longer the 'place' for me.

As far as I can see this thread has not 'turned nasty'. I certainly have not been nasty, and I haven't seen where anyone else has been either! I'm all for robust debate but am sorry that this thread, which was clearly started with such good intentions has become something else.

And finally, and this may well be absolutely final for me, I would never dare to suggest what should and shouldn't be allowed on this, or any other forum. There are people already doing a great job at that. If I had serious concerns about postings/behaviour on here I would, as you suggest, take it up with them. I do not. I am appalled that you have somehow gotten the impression that I am that arrogant! I had hoped that my comment might make people think before they routinely disparage individuals (presenters & guests etc) in such personal ways. That was all.
My small comment, for whatever reason, seems to have been taken as out of place, while others are simply members expressing their right to an opinion.

I hear what you're saying, totally agree...definitely a place for everyone on the forum :sun:

Just another reason not to have a zimmer frame....

Catherine is looking great on TV at mo. Lovely outfit and great hair/extensions... She looks well anyway

I agree having just caught sight of her on the fashion outlet show. Catherine is a woman who most probably now has some time to think about herself with her children having grown up now. Fortunately for her she is still young enough to experiment with different styles, hair, make up, clothes etc.

My kids are still at home, In the future when I will get a chance to think about myself again I'm sure the extentions will get tangled up in my zimmer! (nice image:happy:)

... Just expressing my opinion, I thank you.

I didn't like the look at all. From the hair extensions to the black bra strap. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back