Can't access forum site

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am having a problem with posting. When I do post a page comes up asking if I want to Leave The Page or Stay On Page. I click leave and my post goes through twice with print over the top looking like double vision. I have to come out of the thread to get rid of it. Oh if you click Stay you post does not go through

This has just happened to me and judging by the number of duplicated and deleted posts on each thread others are having the same problem

Sorry folks but the dupication of posts is getting really annoying now

Please be patient it takes time to iron out the issues when there is a server change. Drop Graham a PM to alert him to issues you come across and he will try get them sorted as soon as he can. You can also contact him via the "contact us " link at bottom of page.

Sorry folks but the dupication of posts is getting really annoying now

I agree!

What I've now found:

1. Quoting and replying - if you click "post quick reply", a box comes up with two choices (leave page or stay on page) click "leave page". It still leaves you on the same page, but go back to the top and click new posts. Your comment will have updated.
2. Quoting and replying - then click go advanced. You can then post your reply without all that faff in 1. above.
3. Replying but not quoting - if you click "post quick reply", you get the same box come up as in 1. but when you click "leave page" it posts the comment without having to leave the page to complete the process.

So I would say the simplest way (assuming it cannot be corrected) is to click "go advanced" rather than "post quick reply", and then "post reply".

A duplicate only seems to come up when replying with quote, when you press reply if your comment comes up again, just press "today's posts" and the duplicate will go away and take you back to today's post were you should be able to carry on as normal.

Well I've still got problems with this site and can't access at all on PC! Takes ages to post and duplicates, fed up now! :mysmilie_51:

Please be patient it takes time to iron out the issues when there is a server change. Drop Graham a PM to alert him to issues you come across and he will try get them sorted as soon as he can. You can also contact him via the "contact us " link at bottom of page.

Couldn't we have a sticky thread "website problems" where anyone could report problems?

This would avoid perhaps lots of people all contacting Graham with the same problem.

Once someone has reported a problem and other people read it, they then would know not to inundate Graham with emails and PM's about the same fault.

Then Graham could just check this thread whenever he gets time.

I wasn't able to access the site for several days using my old 'bookmark', then I hit on the idea of searching Google for it, and bookmarking the new link. It works fine for me now.

Couldn't we have a sticky thread "website problems" where anyone could report problems?

This would avoid perhaps lots of people all contacting Graham with the same problem.

Once someone has reported a problem and other people read it, they then would know not to inundate Graham with emails and PM's about the same fault.

Then Graham could just check this thread whenever he gets time.

It is actually easier for Graham if people contact him directly, particularly using the "contact us" link at bottom of page.

I have been getting 404 error messages for days, using Chrome on two different android tablets

Um, I'm a bit dense here, but I only had ShoppingTelly in my favourites list, - what is cache ? and bookmark? these are terms that are alien to me.

Um, I'm a bit dense here, but I only had ShoppingTelly in my favourites list, - what is cache ? and bookmark? these are terms that are alien to me.

Which browser are you using?

If you go to the menu (which may be represented by 3 parallel lines, or a cog) and choose internet options, you should get an option to delete your history... you normally get to choose what you delete.

Depending on your browser you may have favourites, and you can bookmark (save) these favourites to a list. Delete the shopping telly forum favourites you previously saved and copy and paste in the link Graham has posted into the address bar then save that.

Hope that helps!

On my PC if you right click on a web page it still gives the option of Add to Favourites. On the iPad, the option is to bookmark. So it is just another way of saying the same thing.

I was always puzzled by the term cache, but then decided it must mean history, so again I assumed the PC delete browsing history option was the same thing as clearing the cache.

So pleased, at last you are back to normal!! I deleted my old saved forum and started again.

Because of the big banner across the top of page...I can't get into my notifications .

Because of the big banner across the top of page...I can't get into my notifications .

Sorry that large banner should not be in view to VIP Members, I think I have corrected that now, VIP Members should only see a small banner.

There are so many problems with this site I'm not sure if I want to carry on using it. Every time I sign in I have to do so twice, as it says "invalid redirect link." If there are any notifications I have to also sign in twice to read them. On several occasions I have tried to access the site only to be redirected to dodgy scam sites with numerous pop-ups. When you do manage to get to the home page the main menu is not visible - one has to click on 3 horizontal lines - the icon normally dedicated to settings. It has embedded video content playing a live feed of TJC which is extremely annoying. Posts appear either duplicated of superimposed over text rendering them unreadable. It's not good. The layout / formatting / server issues are making the site seem shoddy. It's a shame as I am sure Graham and the mods do take care and want to provide a quality site.

Latest posts

Back