Bit p*ssed off...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Charlie said last night about a PC that "you can buy it as a gift for your own family" and still return it on 25th Jan.

If it was a gift for my family (ie ME), I wouldn't wait until Xmas day to open it

Trouble with Q clothes is the inconsistent sizing. I know what size to get in Kim & co, but eith Ingenue it was different. Those are the only 2 brands I have anything of from Q, but I have my eye on a couple of things from a couple of other brands if they are reduced in the new year.

I wear Mally make up, but with the foundations its been trial & error for me as I am a light in one type and a medium in another. If I was in a store I could try them on the jaw line. Q can't complain about make up returns if it is because of the colours, rather than "changed mind".

Actually I think all perfume, make up and toilettry returns should be exempt from the letter as you have to try it before you know, and if you do it quickly enough the DSR's would apply.

I agree that buying a dress to wear at a party, then returning it is taking the p*ss. Eating almost an entire box of chocs is taking the p. Impulse buying and changing your mind all the time is an addiction. When I change my mind. I ring to cancel my order pretty quickly... But wait! Q are saying its too late an hour and 15 mins later!

Come on Q, play fair.

Heard the term 'no quibble money back guarantee today, also the term, no questions asked money back guarantee!! Im not abusing it, Im a agrophobic who barely manages a f***** walk to the wheelie bin, let alone the post office, so I return nothing but I absoloutley defend any qvc customer to avail themselves of the 'no quibble' money back guarantee!!

Heard the term 'no quibble money back guarantee today, also the term, no questions asked money back guarantee!! Im not abusing it, Im a agrophobic who barely manages a f***** walk to the wheelie bin, let alone the post office, so I return nothing but I absoloutley defend any qvc customer to avail themselves of the 'no quibble' money back guarantee!!

Fair enough, though as a rule they don't these days - I would refer you back to post #44 of this thread by Moth where it's also mentioned.
And I wasn't aware anyone had suggested you were abusing anything Tristar.

What got my goat was hearing they dont use the 'no quibble' no questions' these days, they all do it and frequently. I was getting hot under the collar on behalf of others who had the letter, just wanted to back them to the hilt in their right to be able to return anything under the gurantee, as I type just heard it again (Flint)

Charlie said last night about a PC that "you can buy it as a gift for your own family" and still return it on 25th Jan.

If it was a gift for my family (ie ME), I wouldn't wait until Xmas day to open it

And if you did, and you realised you didn't like it, you'd send it back right away...... Wouldn't you?

Interesting thread....I'm going to take a more black & white view. Basically someone has run a query against the returns and inputted certain criteria which pops up with a few names. Now, for the sake of customer service and quality going forward, they'll question these names to why they have been returning items. As some have said above, the products may not be the right size, not suited for the intended purpose and so forth and obviously "not as described" and "because someone has sent me a used product".

Any company would need to sample the returns process and feed this info back to the suppliers with the end result being that certain brands disappear completely as they haven't complied with the standards QVC contractually demand. If you dig around on the QVC website, you'll find the criteria for being a supplier which is quite interesting reading.

Bit p*ssed off

What a bl**dy cheek but I would ring them & then trot out a very long list of discrepancies that you have. If they don't want to hear then remind whoever it is that they have contacted you & will now have to put up with your moaning:sad:

I warn you though their smarmy team leaders & managers shave an answer for everything:headbang:

I have had the letter and the phone call in the past! Why on earth should be we account for ourselves to QVC! If too many goods are being returned, they should ask THEMSELVES, why?

Wouldn't waste time on it.

i would not phone them it will make you feel worse just ask yourself several times if you need something the chances are you dont

I agree with Burly Bear that if QVC kept better records on the reasons for returns it would be much better as they wouldn't be contacting people with 'the letter' who have in fact had valid reasons for returning a lot. But in terms of their sales pitch pretty much anything is 'valid' because they often go to great lengths to say that if you're not sure, buy it because later it will be sold out and you have your mbg anyway if you change your mind. I have heard Debbie Flint for example say, if you're in two minds as to whether to get this, order it now and decide later, and as we know a couple of hours later you often can't cancel delivery. They also go on about 'don't take our word for it, get it home and use it' etc. So all the things they criticise when they contact people about high returns, ie. buying stuff you aren't sure you want or need, are the exact things their sales pitch is focused on making people do. They just hope that people won't get round to returning things and they'll keep the cash. A new buyer would know nothing about potential limits on returns unless they dug deep to find out.

So whilst I agree that there may be a minority of people buying with no intention of keeping, I really think QVC can't have it both ways - driving their sales with one thing and then demanding the opposite with returns. If they want the high sales of encouraging impulse buying and using stuff, then there is bound to be a downside - it is up to them to see if that works economically for them. If someone is really returning nearly everything I guess they could call them to just discuss it, customer service did tell me once that they don't close the account straight off they just discuss things. Don't know as hasn't happened to me yet.

I think if you're having to return most things you realise yourself something is wrong - that is why I don't order clothes from QVC any more except Carole Hochman where I know the sizing. The sizes are so irregular that I refuse to pay p and p for 2 sizes to try, then again to return, and your returns rate goes up through no fault of your own.

Sorry this is long - just wanted to add that surely if you use something for 1 day or 30 days or more it makes no odds- if it is used they can't resell it (officially) anyway.

Last edited:
Actually I think all perfume, make up and toilettry returns should be exempt from the letter as you have to try it before you know, and if you do it quickly enough the DSR's would apply.

In order to return under DSR, the item has to be resaleable-ie, unused. So you can't use cosmetics or toiletries and then return under DSR. Obviously you can try them and return them, but you wouldn't get your outward p&p back if they notice you have opened them.

I know amazon Is having bad press at the mo BUT I rang them today because a hair dryer I ordered in February broke this morning. The very nice woman apologised profusely, ordered me a replacement to be sent first class (for delivery tomorrow or Monday) with no debit from my account. She said she would send me a link to print a free returns label and asked only that I sent broken one back within 30 days!!

Q take note - THIS is good customer service

I'm not using Amazon at the minute. They need to pay their blipping taxes like the rest of us. Whilst they may offer brilliant prices and a great customer service they are keeping over 20% of the profits they make that they should cough up in taxes. Unfortunately unlike Starbucks Amazon aren't being hit in the wallet and they really should be.

But I am being fair. I'm not frequenting Starbucks either! :eek:) but that is easy because I don't drink coffee.

I'm not using Amazon at the minute. They need to pay their blipping taxes like the rest of us. Whilst they may offer brilliant prices and a great customer service they are keeping over 20% of the profits they make that they should cough up in taxes. Unfortunately unlike Starbucks Amazon aren't being hit in the wallet and they really should be.

But I am being fair. I'm not frequenting Starbucks either! :eek:) but that is easy because I don't drink coffee.

I agree but this was an item I ordered in February and you missed the point...the point I was making, regardless of their tax position, is that they offered first class customer service to me and I spend far less with them than Q

I don't see why QVC aren't held to the same rules as people like insurance companies and banks in TV adverts. Every time someone like JF gushes about the just-send-it-back policy, she should be obliged to take a deep breath and say 'termsandconditionsapplyifyoureturnmorethan50%ofwhatyouorderyoumaybesubjecttophonecallsfromourservicedepartementwhichmaybedistressingandyouraccountmaybeclosedatourdiscretion.'

I think that may dissuade some presenters from over-promising, although I think nothing short of nuclear warfare would stop Debbie Flint.

I have been a qvc customer for over 10 years and have send many things back ,the only thing is i dont use the 30 days to return things , when i do return items i usually do it almost right away , as i know if it suits / fits /like it or not so i do not use it to the limit and then returm iy ,ok q say 30 day money back but people Do abuse this and think they have a right do so

Latest posts

Back