Bit p*ssed off...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes Mia, but QVC really push the fact that you MUST wear the stuff, in fact wash it, let your dog lie all over it, spill curry down it, wash it again and if it's carp return it. Wear those boots out in the slush and snow and if they stain, hey, return them. They surely can't complain when people do just that then send it back. They need to address their sales pitch.

You are absolutely right. I can feel my blood pressure rising when they start all that knowing about THE LETTER.

Don't get stressed. They actually can't do anything about bad returns because they encourage them. I actually can't wait for the day that they confront me for returning things :drunk:

Don't get stressed. They actually can't do anything about bad returns because they encourage them. I actually can't wait for the day that they confront me for returning things :drunk:

but they can can't they? they can close your account.

A couple of members here have had their account suspended and they're still alive and still here commenting on the QVC presentation but buying stuff elsewhere.

Jude xx

I am just thinking what it would be like at the moment to be threatened by qvc closing my account. QVC is my lifeline, also my company for most of the day. Sad to hear about the letter, and for just returning over half of all purchases does not seem excessive, Flint, Huntley and co activley encourage returns, if we return every product they said to return, we would be near 90%!!

Tristar they can't stop. you watching. Don't worry you hardly ever return anything.
I think i'm due the letter and as the saying goes "bring it on"

I am just thinking what it would be like at the moment to be threatened by qvc closing my account. QVC is my lifeline, also my company for most of the day. Sad to hear about the letter, and for just returning over half of all purchases does not seem excessive, Flint, Huntley and co activley encourage returns, if we return every product they said to return, we would be near 90%!!

you're right. they do go on and on and on "if you don't like it, JUST send it back!" in their best nonchalant 'it's as simple as that' voice. NEVER a mention of any terms and conditions.

Wow.... I would be so totally p***ed off if I had got that letter. I would personally telephone them back though and ask to speak to a Manager and demand why I had received it. My days of ordering lots from them are over, I only order a few bits and pieces now as I am so fed up of fashion never fitting, items not doing what they say they will and the wait of a week to actually receive the item that I ordered and to then have to package it all back up and post it back and my cost again..... QVC angered me a couple of years back and I did not order from them for nearly a year and now only get the stuff I know that I will definately like or use.

At the end of the day, THEY need us more than WE need them and I would tell them so. I would also point out how the presenters are constantly banging on about how you can use the 30day MBG and you can use it it/try it/eat it and if it doesn't agree with you, then send it back. JF and CH are the worst culprits.

Knickers!!! They tell you to try them and if they don't suit, return them. Wearing them to Jan 25th with the EMB? Maybe they should rethink their UndiesReturnPolicy. Ewww ...

What I am about to say in no way applies to anyone in particular who has posted about their spending habits with QVC. The way I see it a lot of customers like those who ring up and claim to own 100s of bags or whatever must have some sort of shopping addiction. Whether they are the same on the high street in real life so to speak I dont know. I wonder how many people through boredom or loneliness or whatever, end up ordering large amounts of stuff then when it all arrives with alarMing regularity , send it back once the hrill of recieving and opening it has worn off and they need the next ordering "rush" Also people who hoard unopened parcels in closets etc. All pretty unhealthy behaviour and I would think QVC may be doing such people a favour by "working with them". I dont order much but have found I hardly need to send anything back but I only buy from a clothes range that I know fits and cosmetics that work for me (LG). Having said that they do encourage people to impulse buy, try new things and wear clothes out and about and even wash them so they have to expect people to do just that.

What I think needs to stop is certain presenters encouraging returns, refering to the no quibble money back guarantee.

They don't call it a "no quibble" money back guarantee anymore. They haven't for a while.

Also if I was sending back over half of what I ordered I would just think that it wasnt worth continuing shopping with this company as the goods obviously dont meet my needs. It wouldnt need them to send me a letter to tell me.

It can't be that simple though can it. If you order four things and send back three they're not sending out the letter. Or perhaps they are and we aren't aware of it. I think the "high level of returns" trigger is more complicated than a simple 51% trigger.

I don't know Tinks, What about faulty items? I know when i look at my account it just says returned even if its a faulty. item.
Who knows how this works, I wouldn't be surprised if the computer flashes the minute it hits 51% regardless.

Knickers!!! They tell you to try them and if they don't suit, return them. Wearing them to Jan 25th with the EMB? Maybe they should rethink their UndiesReturnPolicy. Ewww ...

No they don't say that to be fair. They say you can give it as a Christmas gift and the recipient then has the 30 day mbg to decide.
If people want to interpret that as "wear it for two months and send it back" then that demonstrates a certain mindset that equates to taking the piss. Which was my earlier point.

Well, while I agree that reasons for returns (ie size discrepancies or faulty goods) should be taken into consideration (but do we know for sure that it isn't and they have a more detailed breakdown of our accounts than we see?) I have to say that I think some people do take the pi55 with the MBG and I can understand why LaQ would want to stop them. I see the guarantee as a safety net if I really don't like something, but I don't buy things with the full intention of using it for 30 days and sending it back, which let's be honest - some people do, and personally I think that the ones that do make it crappy for the ones that don't, as then qvc assume we're all the same. I do feel the presenters encourage people to do it though, and I think that's wrong, and the terms and conditions apply thing should definitely be pointed out.

Latest posts

Back