Bit p*ssed off...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Excellent advice Akimbo Jude, I have never send anything back under the DSR but ALL my returns were items that did not fit or were faulty ( do not buy clothing, but rings from theire clearance section, and there are some brands with serious sizing issues Or Paz for instance IMO), but will remember this for the furture.

because of this quibbling, high postage costs and lack of fairness with beauty bash tickets i buy very very little. there is nothing that qvc sell that i cannot buy cheaper or better on the high street or on the internet thats a fact!

They haven't actually said they want to give you a rollocking fir sending stuff back have they. Maybe they're not wanting to tell you off - maybe they're after your opinion or something. Unlikely I know but you never know, and you might go in with all guns blazing and find out they were doing customer surveys or something.
Email them first like Jude said, to see what particular aspect of their return policy they'd like to discuss.

This old chestnut. Sad fact is, as has been said here, is that no one cares. We took a complaint to Trading Standards and the ASA at the time and the only thing QVC agreed to do was stop saying "no quibble" on air. The ASA didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with QVC encouraging you to buy several and send back what you want and then complain about how much you've sent back. Makes no sense to me. My advice is to just ignore them.

Stop buying from them as well. As long as you know you like a product and will keep it, you can get everything they sell somewhere else cheaper. I've found brand new products on places such as eBay for prices that are sometimes as much as 80% cheaper than QVC!

Im absoloutley stunned and seething mad reading this thread. How anyone can try justify this letter from qvc is beyond me. On no occaison do I ever remember there being anything mentioned about a limit to returns, (even on used returns) I return hardly anything because my anxiety doesnt want to go out and go through the trauma of the post office. This is the reason I shop so much with qvc, that I don have to go out, but I always thought I had an absoloute right to return any item under the 30 day money back guarantee. Its my own fault I have so much unwanted stuff, I should return but I choose not to, but how dare they tell anyone off for returning, no matter how many returns they make. Im astonished. More astonished that some forum members seem to be on qvc side here! Im real angry, kind of wish I had not gone on reading thr posts here, I need one of me tranqs.

I'm afraid it's there in black and white in their terms that they will "work with people" who return too much so they can do it. It would be better if they were more open about it or made it clear exactly what a "very high level of returns" equates to in a percentage terms but they don't. So buy shopping with them we are accepting those woolly terms whether we like it or not.

I'm not defending QVC or saying they were right to send the letter but not knowing these rules are there doesn't mean they don't apply. And not knowing precisely what they are means we're all on the back foot.

I'm not going to allow QVC to make me feel I cannot send things back and if I personally fall foul of the rules I'll say "yes sir, no sir" and carry on regardless. Or carry on until they close my account. Life's too short to argue the toss when you don't know what the ****** rules actually are.

It's only in black and white if you shop online; anyone shopping by phone or the "red active bu''on" has no way of knowing until they get the "Letter"

Jude xx

It's only in black and white if you shop online; anyone shopping by phone or the "red active bu''on" has no way of knowing until they get the "Letter"

Jude xx

You've hit the nail on the head. The contradiction of the small print in the T&C and the on air claims of a no quibble guarantee are outrageous IMO .

(((((Hugs))))) to you, TriStar! Take a deep breath and say, "Phooey!" It's so good that we have this forum to chat and share, learning things. Now, I'm off to sort my meds out ... <=^.^=> :heart: Snarly

It's all very well getting high and mighty about it but I'm afraid SOME people do abuse the 30mbg and Q are within their rights to try and stop this.

The problem is that they have no way of knowing who the chancers are, as opposed to customers who were genuinely misled by a presentation.

What they SHOULD be doing is targeting the people who are taking the bear faced piss with it, by keeping better records about the reason for, and speed of return.

They shoud also stop the "try it wear it use it for 30 days" pitch as its positively encouraging people to have a laugh at Q's expense. Give people 30 days to decide and return. thats all that needs to be said.

What I think needs to stop is certain presenters encouraging returns, refering to the no quibble money back guarantee.

QVC have never quibbled about giving the money back. People who get the letter still get the money back, up until the point where the customer's account gets closed. No one has ever been left out of pocket.

There are lots of things to be annoyed at Q for. I don't think The Letter is one if them.

Personally never going to be in danger of the letter, as my returns must hover at 2%, when I can bribe my mum to take something back to post office and post yet I still feel very disgruntled for others who have returns over a certain point and how awful it must be to be chastised by QVC and made to feel like a 3rd rate customer.

I am tempted to phone up and ask if I can talk live on telly with a question (I will make up a pretend q) then ask them if there is a limit of how much I can return and see what they say.

I am sure there are some people who take advantage and return everything but this is tough and one of the downsides of being a shopping channel / online shop.

PJ.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

(((((Hugs))))) to you, TriStar! Take a deep breath and say, "Phooey!" It's so good that we have this forum to chat and share, learning things. Now, I'm off to sort my meds out ... <=^.^=> :heart: Snarly

quit hogging snarly. my turn to give tristar a hug. qvc aint worth getting your knickers in a twist about (yes i know i nearly burst a blood vessel over the bracelet) (((hugs))) :mysmilie_853:

I'd also ask them what "no quibble" means...to me the "letter" seems like quibbling.

I think it's quibbling too. I do think, however, there must be loads of folk that buy an expensive outfit/jewellery for a special night out and then return the lot with no intention of buying them. My quip about the diamonds for the christmas party was in fact made up - but I have thought about it.

If there is a limit on returns then that should be made 100% clear at the time of presentation IMO. If there is a limit on how much an item can be used before it can be returned then that should also be made 100% clear. It isn't because it might put people off buying.

I think I keep more than I return but I do return tat and beauty items that don't do what they say on the tin. I await my letter in due course :devil: I would give their CS a seriously hard time.

CC

I have recently bought quite a few pairs of shoes and boots from Pavers. They have lots of designs that I don't like but they have some really nice and very comfortable designs. The leather ankle boots I have bought are lovely and the leather is excellent quality. The reason I am mentioning Pavers here is that they have a 14 day returns policy as long as the footwear has not been worn outside. I think that that is fair and reasonable. Their P&P is capped at £2.99 and free on orders over £40. QVC take note!

Yes Mia, but QVC really push the fact that you MUST wear the stuff, in fact wash it, let your dog lie all over it, spill curry down it, wash it again and if it's carp return it. Wear those boots out in the slush and snow and if they stain, hey, return them. They surely can't complain when people do just that then send it back. They need to address their sales pitch.

Only Capirossi will know what she sends back and why, but dare I say it.... do you ever return your beloved LG bags? If so, as a high cost item it is far more likely to come to their attention. I don't like the concept of "the letter" either, IMO the presenters should say "terms and conditions appy...for more details please see our website" otherwise calling it a Guarantee is a little misleading, as clearly there are strings attached and the ordinary customer would feel misled.

I think my level of returns is ok, but I do use the MBG reasonably often. If I buy clothes I try on and return if it does not fit or suit me. Sometimes I have ordered 2 different sizes and returned one, or 2 different colours of the same item and returned my least favourite. Only once have I worn something a few times and returned it due to a quality issue. With make up I have only returned a foundation that I ordered in 2 different shades and tried both, lipstick that looked too pale, blusher that was too dark etc. but I keep a fair bit too, and have been invited to the beauty bash for the first time ever. I have returned all but one of the perfumes I have ordered, because I don't like it or came out in a rash. I have kept all the Yankee Candles stuff except for 2, one being inferior quality artisan jars (IMO) and one set of tarts where there were too many in the set I didn't like. So although I clearly make use of the MBG I have not receivet "the letter"... YET! If I did I would ignore it I think.

I do (or did) buy a lot from Q but I rarely shop on the high street as I loathe shopping- Amazon being my other internet store of choice. I rarely order after watching on air presentations, ( apart from the latest model Yankee tart burner which is lovely!) I use Q as just another online retailer, and use this forum to ensure I don't miss my favourites.

Latest posts

Back