Bit p*ssed off...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't phone them yet, email them (not using the faulty contact form on their website) so you have a record and ask them to itemise the period (to and from dates) in question and list the returned items with the reason you gave on your return form (I have a hunch that they don't record this info). Suggest that they exclude any orders cancelled under the Distance Selling Regs (as this is a statutory right not bestowed by them). Also suggest they then discount all items where you ticked "doesn't fit" or ""didn't meet expectations", or "received faulty" or "wrong item"...basically they should tell you the preriod of time monitored and that the only returns that should be included for the purposes of this telling off are those where you ticked "changed my mind" ...everything else is a perfectly legitimate reason for return which they have the power to reduce in future by (A) more acurately describing/giving actaully measurements and (B) not over-selling by suggesting viewers buy more than one, buy it cos it's selling fast and then decide whether or not to keep it.

I'd stress that you do this in writing and ask for the breakdown you've requested in writing and a week to peruse them before you're prepared to discuss the matter. Once you're on the phone they just want you to promise to do better or face the closure of your account. If they do this ask them how long your account will be monitored in the future.

Proud to say I was the first person to post about "The Letter" many years ago.

Jude xx

Or you could just shrug, and admit you've been caught bang to rights. The Green Seasons pack of 12 burgers with one returned, and even that one had a bite mark, the Thorntons 3kg supersize box with only the montelimar left, the Spanx with the skid marks..... We've all done it Hun and you've been rumbled :0)

I had one helpful hint from them though...."I only buy the things I really want or really need" said their gem in accounts when I spoke to them....implying that obviously I don't!!!
That's not QVC's thinking though, they don't care whether you really want or really need something they just don't want you to send it back.

Or you could just shrug, and admit you've been caught bang to rights. The Green Seasons pack of 12 burgers with one returned, and even that one had a bite mark, the Thorntons 3kg supersize box with only the montelimar left

:mysmilie_483: So, not just me then! The presenters TELL you that you can even send food back so I don't know what QVC are whingeing about. I've sent back nearly empty pots of face cream. I've heard AY say "use it for 3 weeks", so I do. If QVC queried my shopping habits with them I would be SERIOUSLY hacked off as I have spent a hell of a lot of money with them over the years and I don't think I've been that excessive with my returns. Well maybe those diamonds I wore to the christmas party one year then sent back :cheeky:

If you want to keep your account phone them up, listen to what they've got to say, say you'll take note of what they say and carry on regardless. One phone call. Job done.

qvc act like they are your best friend but there are restrictions on this frendship. you can buy as much as you like but dont return anything if possible. even if its totally unsuitable. be adoring in your adoration and be a t-caller and spend the equivalant of the national debt and you will be rewarded with tickets to the beauty bash.

friendship can be confusing

qvc act like they are your best friend but there are restrictions on this frendship. you can buy as much as you like but dont return anything if possible. even if its totally unsuitable. be adoring in your adoration and be a t-caller and spend the equivalant of the national debt and you will be rewarded with tickets to the beauty bash.

friendship can be confusing

or not.......

I always think the presenters and guests look petrified waiting to hear if the t-caller sounds sane, and über-happy if they are sycophants!

Originally Posted by rainbowdottie

I had one helpful hint from them though...."I only buy the things I really want or really need" said their gem in accounts when I spoke to them....implying that obviously I don't!!!

Lets face it, none of us really NEED the carp we buy rom QVC so this is a pretty difficult decision to make!

I have seriously cut down what I buy.Until I bought the micro fleece bedding this week, I hadn't bought anything since last June. I felt quite sad to break that lull but really wanted to try this bedding as I am seriously cold at night lately. I used to buy things for Christmas presents, but not anymore. I would much rather buy from places like Amazon, who don't charge p&p! If any of us sat and added up what he had spent on p&p- outward, and return, since we started our unhealthy QVC habit, I reckon we would sit and weep! I am sure it far outweighs any savings we ever thought we had made with their 'fantastic' prices !

I had the letter last year and just ignored it . My friend had one ages ago and rang up . They spoke to her like a naughty child and even told her how much she had spent returning items lol . Sorry but we just had a good laugh about it . She's nearly 60 and said it made her feel like a schoolgirl again , even if it was been told off by the headmistress . We now just use my account , and haven't had any more letters . Must say it hasn't stopped me returning anything . Xxxx

I don't no if any of you saw the thread on the IW forum about an ex employee who came on to dish the "truth" (never got much out of them thou lol) however they did say something that did make me rethink some things when watching QVc aswell as IW, alot of wot the presenters say comes directly down from the gallery from the producers, and sometimes i have given presenters a hard time for some of the "claims" they make when in fact they are being told exactly what to say, of course there are some exceptions to this. Totally agree thou sending a letter out is totally unfair thou as they have never stated theres only a % of returns u can send back , i first heard about this on this forum, mayb worth saying something on there Fb page see if u get a response

i wont get the letter simply as i rarely buy anymore definately not impulse buys/ non branded qvc stuff which i am highly likely to send back. i notice that over christmas they are stocking a lot of overpriced non high street brands as impulse buy gift stuff. a recipe for the letter!

Don't phone them yet, email them (not using the faulty contact form on their website) so you have a record and ask them to itemise the period (to and from dates) in question and list the returned items with the reason you gave on your return form (I have a hunch that they don't record this info). Suggest that they exclude any orders cancelled under the Distance Selling Regs (as this is a statutory right not bestowed by them). Also suggest they then discount all items where you ticked "doesn't fit" or ""didn't meet expectations", or "received faulty" or "wrong item"...basically they should tell you the preriod of time monitored and that the only returns that should be included for the purposes of this telling off are those where you ticked "changed my mind" ...everything else is a perfectly legitimate reason for return which they have the power to reduce in future by (A) more acurately describing/giving actaully measurements and (B) not over-selling by suggesting viewers buy more than one, buy it cos it's selling fast and then decide whether or not to keep it.

I'd stress that you do this in writing and ask for the breakdown you've requested in writing and a week to peruse them before you're prepared to discuss the matter. Once you're on the phone they just want you to promise to do better or face the closure of your account. If they do this ask them how long your account will be monitored in the future.

Proud to say I was the first person to post about "The Letter" many years ago.

Jude xx

I think this is a really well thought out approach Jude, well done. The only alternative is to ignore the letter, avoid any incoming calls and hope they forget and go away - but why should you be turned into a victim? I would personally take Jude's advice and take control.

Lets face it, none of us really NEED the carp we buy rom QVC so this is a pretty difficult decision to make!

I have seriously cut down what I buy.Until I bought the micro fleece bedding this week, I hadn't bought anything since last June. I felt quite sad to break that lull but really wanted to try this bedding as I am seriously cold at night lately. I used to buy things for Christmas presents, but not anymore. I would much rather buy from places like Amazon, who don't charge p&p! If any of us sat and added up what he had spent on p&p- outward, and return, since we started our unhealthy QVC habit, I reckon we would sit and weep! I am sure it far outweighs any savings we ever thought we had made with their 'fantastic' prices !

The fleece bedding is fantastic. It dries so quickly that you only need one set. I am a cold mortal to the extent that I wear fingerless gloves all day. I sleep in fleece PJs in the fleece bedding. Last night I wore my extra thick PJs cause the temperature has dropped here and was lovely andwarm

I'd also ask them what "no quibble" means...to me the "letter" seems like quibbling.

And another thing; are they suggesting I should keep things that don't work/ don't fit or otherwise don't meet the inflated expectations created by the presenter / producer sales pitch?

I think it's really inportant to establish the time period measured, since moving the goal posts a month either way might give a completely different score. Mr Akimbo has his own QVC account, he bought me an Asus tablet last Autumn but I couldn't get to grips with the operating system and so he returned it and bought me my ipad from Q for Christmas last year. Technically he'd reached the 50% threshhold for returns in 2011, if he'd ordered and returned one more item would this be flagged for a "letter"? I suspect not. I think this hits high-volume buyers, from whom they make ££££.

We know they resell returned items so I'd like my resold returns also removed from their equation...and anyway it's the vendor companies that stand the loss of returned items, QVC lose their profit from the sale and handling costs. Those items cancelled under DSR are definitely re-sellable so they should not be counted. I'd say I've returned more items recently than I did when I was sent my "letter" but now I cancel under the DSR, I'm ready for them if they start quibbling!

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back