Big surprise on Thursday at 9

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven't watched Q live on TV for many years, so came on here to see what the big surprise was, but hardly worth bothering to power up the PC.

In fact, I dislike EPs and get very annoyed it I get them by default.

BTW I am waiting for an electronic drum kit from Aldi, unfortunately coming by Hermes so currently being processed at their hub. Free PP of course.

I am hoping it doesn't turn out to be like a toy.

View attachment 22779View attachment 22780
Just received it. I get quite angry with the local Hermes person.

I had a large note on the door saying that I was in, and please ring the bell.

All my recent deliveries have just been left outside the front door, as was this one.

I'd been looking out regularly during the 2 hour time slot, but to no avail. The first I knew that he had been was a email with a photo of it on the doorstep! The doorbell was never rung!

As for the item, the whole part with the pads is FLEXIBLE and FLOPPY.

There was no way to tell this from the photo and description. It means it can't just be placed on your lap, you will need a suitable-sized table (and most are far too high) or else a large rigid tray for you lap.

It is a lot smaller than I hoped, but this will improve the accuracy of where you hit it.

I haven't read the instructions yet, just given it a quick try by trial and error. It's not very loud or bassy, but I expected that, and it comes with an audio cable to plug into an external speaker. No Bluetooth unfortunately, but I knew that.

If necessary, I can return it to my local Aldi (it was online only to buy it) and that would be about 1 1/12 mile walk each way. At least it is very lightweight.

Aldi drum kit delivery.jpg

Glorious ballet & I love watching the Dance of the cygnets.
Can I be low-brow for a moment and ask if anyone recalls the sequence with Morcambe and Wise?
I can't link, but they perform The Dance of The Cygnets in their film The Intelligence Men. It is viewable on YouTube.
Having seen the ballet many times performed by professional companies, last time at The Royal Opera House, I think they acquitted themselves admirably. Comic, but coordinated.

Can I be low-brow for a moment and ask if anyone recalls the sequence with Morcambe and Wise?
I can't link, but they perform The Dance of The Cygnets in their film The Intelligence Men. It is viewable on YouTube.
Having seen the ballet many times performed by professional companies, last time at The Royal Opera House, I think they acquitted themselves admirably. Comic, but coordinated.
The Intelligence Men a great film. Actually I always think of them when I hear that music.

Well I'm soooo glad we went to the ballet. Darcy Brussel was on at the beginning talking about the ballet and there were scenes from the rehearsals. It was a wonderful show and we enjoyed it immensly.
So happy you had a lovely evening. I like Darcey and used to really enjoy her dancing. I met her at Saddlers Wells and she was pleasant but not overly engaging and I wouldn't queue up again to meet her, I am not much into arse kissing anyway! I met one of my absolute favourite ballerinas by chance. It was the same night as my avatar picture was taken. A mixed programme of 3 short ballets. Anyway Zenaida Yanowsky was in the 1st and her family were in. During the first interval, the empty seat next to me was now occupied by Zen! Total fan girl moment for me and she was really chatty and down to earth. She gave me a rose from her bouquet and I got a few piccys with her. That said, I think Paul was happier than me, he has always had a bit of a crush on Zen :)

There you go…

Talking of ballet, I have seen only a few performances but they have been memorable.

In the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow I saw a ballet company called Malinki. I managed to get a last minute ticket to the ‘actual’ Bolshoi company in London.

Best of all, donkeys years ago I saw Nureyev in Romeo & Juliet in London. Obviously before he became ill. He was absolutely breath-taking in his grace, strength and beauty.

I really must start going to the theatre/ballet/opera again once Covid had cleared off.

Talking of ballet, I have seen only a few performances but they have been memorable.

In the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow I saw a ballet company called Malinki. I managed to get a last minute ticket to the ‘actual’ Bolshoi company in London.

Best of all, donkeys years ago I saw Nureyev in Romeo & Juliet in London. Obviously before he became ill. He was absolutely breath-taking in his grace, strength and beauty.

I really must start going to the theatre/ballet/opera again once Covid had cleared off.
That's cute. Bolshoi is Russian for big, and Malinki is little. Love what they did there with the naming convention.
I think one of the most fascinating things is watching the same ballet, especially with essentially the same choreography, performed by different companies from across the world. Sometimes the differences are very subtle in themselves, but across the whole ballet you get a very different feeling.

So happy you had a lovely evening. I like Darcey and used to really enjoy her dancing. I met her at Saddlers Wells and she was pleasant but not overly engaging and I wouldn't queue up again to meet her, I am not much into arse kissing anyway! I met one of my absolute favourite ballerinas by chance. It was the same night as my avatar picture was taken. A mixed programme of 3 short ballets. Anyway Zenaida Yanowsky was in the 1st and her family were in. During the first interval, the empty seat next to me was now occupied by Zen! Total fan girl moment for me and she was really chatty and down to earth. She gave me a rose from her bouquet and I got a few piccys with her. That said, I think Paul was happier than me, he has always had a bit of a crush on Zen :)
Ballerina, my icon is Nijinsky the poster for the Afternoon Of The Faun. Read a biography of him many years ago written by his sister and picked that, and used it ever since.

Just received it. I get quite angry with the local Hermes person.

I had a large note on the door saying that I was in, and please ring the bell.

All my recent deliveries have just been left outside the front door, as was this one.

I'd been looking out regularly during the 2 hour time slot, but to no avail. The first I knew that he had been was a email with a photo of it on the doorstep! The doorbell was never rung!

As for the item, the whole part with the pads is FLEXIBLE and FLOPPY.

There was no way to tell this from the photo and description. It means it can't just be placed on your lap, you will need a suitable-sized table (and most are far too high) or else a large rigid tray for you lap.

It is a lot smaller than I hoped, but this will improve the accuracy of where you hit it.

I haven't read the instructions yet, just given it a quick try by trial and error. It's not very loud or bassy, but I expected that, and it comes with an audio cable to plug into an external speaker. No Bluetooth unfortunately, but I knew that.

If necessary, I can return it to my local Aldi (it was online only to buy it) and that would be about 1 1/12 mile walk each way. At least it is very lightweight.

View attachment 22792
Decided to return it, got it all packed up ready for the 3 mile round trip walk, then it started drizzling with thick mist. So postponed, hopefully to go tomorrow EXCEPT that the final F1 GP is being shown LIVE on channel 4, so that is unmissable. So will probably have to be Monday, weather permitting.

Strato, just get your wellies on and get on with it :p Peeing down here as well.

CC
☔ here too. I'm a football widow so decided to walk into town for a coffee & cake; our neighbour asked where I was going & was horrified that I was risking illness just for caffeine. I pointed out that she'd been out earlier on her bike wearing a mask but not a helmet! I thoroughly enjoyed my Americano & slice of coffee yule log ❤️

Latest posts

Back