Big surprise on Thursday at 9

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Email arrived:

The shopping event of dreams

We're treating you to a weekend of deals like never before.
Until Monday 13th December, pay for all your Christmas shopping in 4, yes FOUR interest-free instalments!
That's right, buy now and pay over time - perfect for Christmas gifting!​

Cue the comedy music wa wa waaaaaaaa!

What a complete bag of shite and talking of bags of shite, Jill is wearing one!

Yep, as has been said, just getting people into more debt for longer because some will buy more by rationalising in their heads that it less per month. Merry Christmas and a really crappy New Year to all our suckers from QVC mwah x

Friggin' Molton Brown. It has real gold flakes in it. Yes, to get stuck rammed up your nether regions and wash down the plug hole, such bollocks...

I haven't watched Q live on TV for many years, so came on here to see what the big surprise was, but hardly worth bothering to power up the PC.

In fact, I dislike EPs and get very annoyed it I get them by default.

BTW I am waiting for an electronic drum kit from Aldi, unfortunately coming by Hermes so currently being processed at their hub. Free PP of course.

I am hoping it doesn't turn out to be like a toy.

Aldi Electronic-Drum-Kit-E.jpg
Aldi Electronic-Drum-Kit-B.jpg

Email arrived:

The shopping event of dreams

We're treating you to a weekend of deals like never before.
Until Monday 13th December, pay for all your Christmas shopping in 4, yes FOUR interest-free instalments!
That's right, buy now and pay over time - perfect for Christmas gifting!​
If that lands in my Inbox, I’m going to reply “F off with your big build-up con tricks!”

(I’m taking this badly, you could say.)

:LOL:

I’ve bought all my presents and they’re all wrapped, so even if I did see something I won’t bother buying it because there isn’t anything I need. It’s also nice to be able to go out because no parcels are due to be delivered.

I get quite arsy when I get an email saying my 'next payment is due', because then I realised I haven't edited the payment box on the purchase. I don't want to pay by sodding instalments ! never have never wanted to, yet if I don't remember to check then I get lumbered. So this 4 payments does nothing for me.

I get quite arsy when I get an email saying my 'next payment is due', because then I realised I haven't edited the payment box on the purchase. I don't want to pay by sodding instalments ! never have never wanted to, yet if I don't remember to check then I get lumbered. So this 4 payments does nothing for me.
I’ve never used easy payments and wouldn’t...
Plus I feel like if I can’t afford it all right now, I don’t want or need it that much!

They surely only do it because it *does* encourage some (probably quite a lot of) people to spend more overall, I guess?

When they tell you the easy payment (plus the dreaded postage!), I’m sure it does initially sound as if it’s a great price bc they just quote that quarter price the whole time!

But it infuriates me, especially as they keep calling it an offer!
It’s not an offer - it doesn’t save me a single penny! 😡

I haven't watched Q live on TV for many years, so came on here to see what the big surprise was, but hardly worth bothering to power up the PC.

BTW I am waiting for an electronic drum kit from Aldi, unfortunately coming by Hermes so currently being processed at their hub. Free PP of course.

View attachment 22779View attachment 22780
My nephew plays the drums and I bought him one of these pad sets a few years ago as an alternative to his full kit - and headphones could be plugged in!

It was great fun!
You may find it a bit small or toy-ish depending on what you’re after but Aldi have great returns and customer service.. 🤞

View attachment 22779View attachment 22780
I wondered about that, Strato. How does this 'teach' one to play the drums?

I actually tuned into Ghost Nation a little late just to catch the offer surprise of the century.

First thought, okay. Next thought, boring!

Trying to get people to spend, spend and spend because Woo Hoo it is on 4 easy pay until Monday. We all know those wonderful easy pays add up and people get overexcited then come January a long month with the bills coming in the heating has to go on longer especially with people being told to work from home. Suddenly, the £9.99(thinking low here) 4 or 5 times over adds up.

Cue the comedy music wa wa waaaaaaaa!

What a complete bag of shite and talking of bags of shite, Jill is wearing one!

Yep, as has been said, just getting people into more debt for longer because some will buy more by rationalising in their heads that it less per month. Merry Christmas and a really crappy New Year to all our suckers from QVC mwah x

Friggin' Molton Brown. It has real gold flakes in it. Yes, to get stuck rammed up your nether regions and wash down the plug hole, such bollocks...
Ballerina! Are you Sister Bliss in disguise???

CC

I wondered about that, Strato. How does this 'teach' one to play the drums?
I used to play drums, and recently came close to buying another kit. But I resisted as there are lots of practical problems with a real kit.

So this was a spur of the moment purchase (I get emails from Aldi) and it is sold out now.

I still play imaginary drums along with music as I can't resist it. But I have a feeling this may be too small.

I used to play drums, and recently came close to buying another kit. But I resisted as there are lots of practical problems with a real kit.

So this was a spur of the moment purchase (I get emails from Aldi) and it is sold out now.

I still play imaginary drums along with music as I can't resist it. But I have a feeling this may be too small.
I hope your Aldi online purchase is better than the one I received last. A lantern for outside arrived by Hermes, hubby immediately refused it, no damage to the box but the item was jingling away obviously broken. He took a look and saw it had more than likely been sent damaged, rather than done in transit. Confirmed when I took a look at the website reviews with others complaining and the fact in less than a week the item was no longer available.

Latest posts

Back