Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Apparently it is limited edition and once it sells out it will not be made again and it is only available from QVC.

Forgive my cynicism, but didn't they say the same about the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer in Neroli & Geranium when that was BPOTM? And now it's stocked in John Lewis (and maybe other outlets for all I know)... so I suspect the duo may be exclusive, but ultimately if the fragrance combination is a big hit, I won't be surprised to see it elsewhere, and "back by customer demand" on QVC.

I love the original AD oil so I might give this a try. It would fit in perfectly with a rose and geranium cleanser I`ve been using and I also use floral hydrolats as toners and mix them together to make my own blend, currently it`s rose and lavender but they also do a geranium floral water so i might order that to mix with the lavender one. For the past year or so, I`ve tried to steer away from chemically loaded, harsh or expensive skincare and it`s paid off in more ways than one.
BTW here`s the cleanser if anybody`s interested and also the floral waters to make your own toner. P and P is capped at around £3.75.
http://www.naturallythinking.com/pr...rbon-Geranium-&-Rosehip-Calming-Cleanser.html
http://www.naturallythinking.com/categories/Aromatherapy/Floral-Water-{47}-Hydrolat/

Yes I heard the guest say this so If it really does do all the things it's supposed to,why will we not be able to buy anymore,maybe they will bring it back by popular demand.
But what's the difference to the regular Night Treatment other than the rose geranium oil? I didn't quite get it. *blush*

But what's the difference to the regular Night Treatment other than the rose geranium oil? I didn't quite get it. *blush*

from what i can gather
one of the main differences is the the essential oil Rose has been replaced with Rose Geranium
Rose Geranium is also known as 'the poor man's rose'
Rose is one of the most expensive essential oils
and, depending on the type, has 60 plus components
which are highly prized in terms of anti-aging
Rose Geranium is a different plant
and does not have the same properties in terms of anti-aging
but is a lot cheaper and also smells nice
which is not much of a consolation to those
who expect the same efficacy as the original night oil
both preparations have rosehip oil as a key ingredient
which gives great hydration in itself as a pure oil in itself

someone had asked about the ingredients of the ltd edition oil on the QVC page
but this has not been answered, so far
however if you pay close attention to the video clip presentation with Kathy Taylor
you will hear that the brand guest also mentions coconut oil as a key ingredient
so both the carrier oils (such as coconut) as well as the essential oils (such as Rose Geranium)
vary in the ltd edition from the original
hence this should not be considered the same product in any shape or form
and you should not expect it to give the same results if you have used original oil
nor should the awards or reviews given for the original oil be expected to be relevant for this edition

and if you pay close attention to the clip
AD themselves did not expect it to give the same results either
as different recipe and ingredients,
hence they commisioned testing for this oil
it may be nice enough and smell nice enough
but don't be hoodwinked into thinking it will work the same as the original

my guess is that the reason it is a ltd edition and will never be sold again once gone
is cos QVC asked them to deliver so many at a low price point
that AD were forced to use cheaper ingredients to make it happen

:0)
my two penneth worth
and you guessed it,
i won't be buying this

I decided not to go for it afterall. I still have a full unopened bottle of the original and about an inch left in the bottle I`m using. It lasts such a long time and is so economical it would take me ages to get through it all.

Thank you Lilith, you have helped me make up my mind. I have a half bottle if AD original oil and an unopened one, but also a couple of bottles of the JM Argan oil, so will resist temptation and stick to what I've got. I like the fact that the JM can be used in the morning, as well as on hair and body.

Thanks a lot, Lilith! Although I still have the original version and we all know, a little goes a very long way, I was thinking about buying the limited edition. Well, not any longer.

from what i can gather
one of the main differences is the the essential oil Rose has been replaced with Rose Geranium
Rose Geranium is also known as 'the poor man's rose'
Rose is one of the most expensive essential oils
and, depending on the type, has 60 plus components
which are highly prized in terms of anti-aging
Rose Geranium is a different plant
and does not have the same properties in terms of anti-aging
but is a lot cheaper and also smells nice
which is not much of a consolation to those
who expect the same efficacy as the original night oil
both preparations have rosehip oil as a key ingredient
which gives great hydration in itself as a pure oil in itself

someone had asked about the ingredients of the ltd edition oil on the QVC page
but this has not been answered, so far
however if you pay close attention to the video clip presentation with Kathy Taylor
you will hear that the brand guest also mentions coconut oil as a key ingredient
so both the carrier oils (such as coconut) as well as the essential oils (such as Rose Geranium)
vary in the ltd edition from the original
hence this should not be considered the same product in any shape or form
and you should not expect it to give the same results if you have used original oil
nor should the awards or reviews given for the original oil be expected to be relevant for this edition

and if you pay close attention to the clip
AD themselves did not expect it to give the same results either
as different recipe and ingredients,
hence they commisioned testing for this oil
it may be nice enough and smell nice enough
but don't be hoodwinked into thinking it will work the same as the original

my guess is that the reason it is a ltd edition and will never be sold again once gone
is cos QVC asked them to deliver so many at a low price point
that AD were forced to use cheaper ingredients to make it happen

:0)
my two penneth worth
and you guessed it,
i won't be buying this

Well, that's one way to kill my excitement while I'm waiting for the parcel to arrive!! Ha Ha

:tongue:sorreeeee Mr Maple
it may be nice enough
or if you want to change your mind,
you could always ring them as soon as it arrives to get a free return label
either under DSR or just explain that it was misleading about the ingredients

today i got one of those emails from QVC, saying it was a top rated oil, naughty, naughty
and very misleading,
probably one for Trading Standards ( or whatever they are called these days)
if one where to be inclined to fight this sort of stuff .....

:tongue:sorreeeee Mr Maple
it may be nice enough
or if you want to change your mind,
you could always ring them as soon as it arrives to get a free return label
either under DSR or just explain that it was misleading about the ingredients

today i got one of those emails from QVC, saying it was a top rated oil, naughty, naughty
and very misleading
probably one for Trading Standards ( or whatever they are called these days)
if one where to be inclined to fight this sort of stuff .....

That is completely out of order! There is one, yes ONE five star review for this product!

Well, if anyone is interested, I've been using it for a week now, and I've got to say, I really, really dislike it. A lot. Don't like the texture, don't like the smell, don't like the feeling on the skin and I don't like the fact that I seem to use more than I do with the regular version. I actually managed to catch a presentation of it last night and it struck me that I believe those selling it don't think it's as good as the original either. Normally the guest (Gemma?) brings out a chart showing the levels of hydration over the course of either 12 or 24 hours with the original, but with this limited edition version, the chart only shows hydration for 8 hours. Big difference IMO. Anyway, can't believe I'm saying it, but it's definitely going back. Hopefully the original will be back as a duo at some point. So, in the end, Lilith was correct, it was crap.

Thanks for that Mr M at least you can send it back,thankfully I read the post from Lilith and was saved from ordering.
Lynn

Well, if anyone is interested, I've been using it for a week now, and I've got to say, I really, really dislike it. A lot. Don't like the texture, don't like the smell, don't like the feeling on the skin and I don't like the fact that I seem to use more than I do with the regular version. I actually managed to catch a presentation of it last night and it struck me that I believe those selling it don't think it's as good as the original either. Normally the guest (Gemma?) brings out a chart showing the levels of hydration over the course of either 12 or 24 hours with the original, but with this limited edition version, the chart only shows hydration for 8 hours. Big difference IMO. Anyway, can't believe I'm saying it, but it's definitely going back. Hopefully the original will be back as a duo at some point. So, in the end, Lilith was correct, it was crap.

thanks for the feedback
if you can be bothered
you could ring them to get a free postage label
they send out an email
(which i think i still have, if you need it for evidence)
which said it was a 'top rated product'
(which it wasn't as it was a new product)
which proves that they proper mislead/told untruth
which is a little different from reeling you in with the usual load of flannel
if they give you the brush off,
tell them trading standards will most likely be interested in their mis-description and down right deception
their ethics are shocking
(they have done this kind of thing before, changed recipe/ingredients but called it the same product)

Latest posts

Back