Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm sure it's absolutely wonderful like all Alpha H products, but I really cannot justify £40 on one skincare product.

I really rate some of Alpha H products but £40 feels a bit steep and no before and after results on video, i want to see why i should get it.... i want to be convinced to try it but will wait till maybe its part of a tsv someday

bit surprised that it contains shea butter
for.a face product
as that breaks a lot of people out/seems to block pores
but as it is free p &p, its not too pricey to try it out and return it
but its not for me, for various reasons

bit surprised that it contains shea butter
for.a face product
as that breaks a lot of people out/seems to block pores
but as it is free p &p, its not too pricey to try it out and return it
but its not for me, for various reasons

I would reserve judgement on the shea content until I see how far down the inci list it sits. If it's right up front, I think you're right that it would be dubious. If it is much further down, its moisturising ability may enable it to be used to balance any issues the other actives may cause.

i dont lie the fact it contains essential oils something alpha h always said they dont use as a rule

I copied this fron the TVSN site, I'm hoping somebody who understands can say if it looks good.
I love Alpha H but I have put it away and have been using the 2 part NIOD set for 2 weeks, it seems to be making a difference to my disgusting pores and this pick of the month sounds lovely, but I don't want to undo the good work the NIOD seems to be doing.

Alpha H Beauty Sleep Power Peel

Aqua, Glycolic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg 100 Stearate, Euglena Gracilis Extract, Potassium Hydroxide, Ceteath-20, Cyclopentasiloxane , Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Flour, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Carrageenan, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Parfum, Polysorbate 20, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Retinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Panthanol, Gluconolactone, Allantoin, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium Edta, Sodium Hyaluronate, Maltodextrin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Calcium Pantothenate, Xanthan Gum, Tanacetum Annuum Flower Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Urea, Magnesium Lactate, Papain, Ethylhexylglycerin, Calcium Gluconate, Alanine, Magnesium Chloride, Proline, Serine, Sodium Citrate, Limonene, Linalool.

i dont lie the fact it contains essential oils something alpha h always said they dont use as a rule

I copied this fron the TVSN site, I'm hoping somebody who understands can say if it looks good.
I love Alpha H but I have put it away and have been using the 2 part NIOD set for 2 weeks, it seems to be making a difference to my disgusting pores and this pick of the month sounds lovely, but I don't want to undo the good work the NIOD seems to be doing.

Alpha H Beauty Sleep Power Peel

Aqua, Glycolic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg 100 Stearate, Euglena Gracilis Extract, Potassium Hydroxide, Ceteath-20, Cyclopentasiloxane , Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Flour, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Carrageenan, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Parfum, Polysorbate 20, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Retinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Panthanol, Gluconolactone, Allantoin, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium Edta, Sodium Hyaluronate, Maltodextrin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Calcium Pantothenate, Xanthan Gum, Tanacetum Annuum Flower Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Urea, Magnesium Lactate, Papain, Ethylhexylglycerin, Calcium Gluconate, Alanine, Magnesium Chloride, Proline, Serine, Sodium Citrate, Limonene, Linalool.

It looks to me like the one oil in there is blue tansy

It seems to be all the buzz as well currently (blue tansy oil).

Last edited:
I would like Alpha-H to formulate their products without silicones, in the new product they have put in three of them.

I like the look of this and imagine it will be very good. What puts me off is that I already use a-h liquid gold, anti ageing night cream and mask (with high glycolic content). A-h never say when enough is enough. Also, no mention of shelf life. If the reviews are 5* I might be tempted but have promised myself not to overstock on skincare because it has to be better to buy as needed. This peel will be nice to try when I've finished the mask but that won't be for months.

That's what I ask myself whenever AH come up with a new exfoliating product: do I need it although I am already using Liquid Gold which is also exfoliating? I don't want to do too much to my sensitive skin and when I heard in the presentation that the night peel contains 14% of the glycolic acid... I once had a mask from AH containing 10% glycolic acid and my skin couldn't get used to it so I had to return it (think it was a mask containing also lavender, if I am not mistaken). From my point of view as of today, the LG plus once in a while the Micro Cleanse or any other of the enzyme exfoliaters I have is sufficient for my skin. To be honest, when AH launch exfoliating products, how do I know which one to use? Is one enough? Do I need all they have?
I was told to be careful because one can also overexfoliate the skin. And as far as I know, most, not all, AH products contain glycolic acid.

Last edited:
Mays beauty pick of the month is ....

Laura Geller Balance and Brighten 24g

I would reserve judgement on the shea content until I see how far down the inci list it sits. If it's right up front, I think you're right that it would be dubious. If it is much further down, its moisturising ability may enable it to be used to balance any issues the other actives may cause.

it was the first ingredient Tom mentioned when presenting it
it may have been top of his mind,
but at the bottom of the inci list
it is possible

Latest posts

Back