Beauty Day - What Have You Bought?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went for the Tweezerman tweezer set too but it was on waitlist so I hope it turns up! I agree with you in that they are the best tweezers you can buy , imho. They get out even the tiddliest hairs!

Are they better than Shavata tweezers please?

I need some new ones as I dropped my fave (Boots!) pointed ones down the gap in the floorboards last week! :11:

Well I went for-
Loccitane TRY ME
2 cheats french manicure leighton Denny
3 other Leighton sets but can't remember names
Read on here about the Elemis set and went for it too
Oh and the Lip set from Fran Wilson

Ah just remember also the Elemis Liquid Layer, good news is 4 nail sets are gifts and the bad news is the rest is for me!!!:11:

I need some new ones as I dropped my fave (Boots!) pointed ones down the gap in the floorboards last week! :11:

Hi Red,

I think that the Tweezerman tweezers are better than Shavata's. I have 3 pairs and have ordered more today.

The reason I have 3 (incase you think i'm a tweezeraholic :1: ) is that when I sent my first pair off to be sharpened I had to get another pair whilst I was waiting for the first to be returned.

Then I misplaced the second pair (lost way deep down in the depths of my HUGE make up bag) and needed to replaced them. Of course as soon as I bought the final pair my second pair reappeared grrrrrr.

I have tried the Shavata ones and didn't get on with them as well as my Tweezermans.

Apologies for waffly reply :54:

I am still undecided :33: most of the l'occitane kits with the body lotion in are now on waitlist :54:

I have bought nothing too - can't understand - I must be having a sensible turn! I think they must be boring me. :31: I do think the tsv is good value though but it is still a lot of money!

The TSV in Fruity Floral and the Shea and Bonne Mere soap set but wanted to try the Elemis Monoi oil, I put a waitlist order in last time it was on offer and the order was eventually cancelled by QVC as they couldn't get the stock. I've not watched really as I can't afford to be tempted. The Easy Pay x 3 is very appealing I must say.

Think I will order the Laura Geller Golden Apricot Blush on easy-pay. It looked gorgeous on model Amanda.........wonder if it will work on an old hag like me.

Anybody tried the phenomenal foundation of LG? Am looking for a new foundation, I wash going to splash out on Armani or Bobbi Brown, but could be tempted to buy lg

I've got it - got it in the recent TSV. I like it - it's not too heavy, doesn't emphasise my pores (though I loved my BE foundations on most of my face, they always seemed to make the pores on my nose look huge) and satys on all day. But I'm not sure I'd buy it again as I find Balance & Brighten quicker to apply, cheaper, and enough coberage for me (my skin's pretty good anyway).

The only thing I've bought today so far is the Spacklettes Try-Me kit - I've been wanting to try a primer for a while so this kit looked ideal. Not sure that I'll use the tinted one, though - probably too dark for me - but the rest look worth a try.

Thanks Marzy, I have been checking most of the evening but I think I am going to give this a miss :11:
Am swithering about getting another Fran Wilson while stocks last :54:
I gave them a miss too.Far too many hand dreams to use & they are only small sizes,after all :1:
Did you go for the other Fran Wilson set?

I think Tweezerman tweezers are just about the best money can buy! Have used them for years - the only 'negatives' are that I've found the colour comes off the coloured ones in time and whatever you do, don't drop them -probably the same if you drop any tweezers, but these are so good to start off with, you will really notice a difference if the've been dropped - especially if you have a tiled bathroom floor like we do!!

I'm really fed up to have missed the shows with the Tweezerman set today and have ordered on Waitlist, fingers crossed!

Went for the Leighton Denny Hydra Flex duo serum.
I phoned up 54 44 34 and asked them to tell the presenters to say if Hydra Flex could go under nail polish, they passed me from pillar to post and wanted me to go on air even though I said at the outset I didn't want to... so the item sold out while I was holding :( Got it on Wait List. (I checked the reviews online and one person says it does dry non-oily and goes under nail polish).

Those buggaz drive me mad with all their sales patter and no FACTS!

I also ordered the TSV in Fruity, mostly for Christmas prezzies and so that I can have guilt-free hand wash.

clemenzina

I didn't buy anything but I was very very tempted - lots of lovely kits.

Now if only there could be three easy pays on a jewellery day that would be another matter altogether............................

I was a good little PG and didn't order anything. I was tempted with a few things, but I really don't need anything so managed to resist.

I managed to get away with only buying 1 TSV in traditional and 2 lots of hand cream, I wouldn't' have bothered with the TSV if it hadn't been on easy pay. They know how to win us round down at QVC towers:11:

I went for some L'Occitane soaps, shower gels etc to split up as gifts; their honey-lemon hand cream duo for me because it is my fave nighttime one; and the Decleor Aromescence Collection because I'm out of Neroli and like the look of the other ones to try!

I also went for the Philip Kingsley elasticiser flipping heck though oh was going to have a coronary when he saw my emails from QVC yikes

Latest posts

Back