Beauty brands which have come and gone...and why?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes i have seen Blublockers on in the last year but not as much as we used to get. I don't ever remeber Pippa doing them although I heard her mention it. i have always seen the man or i think it was his daughter.
I too have seen Mr. mascarastuff stuff in Boots.
What we have to remeber is that not all the department stores stock the same brands in all ther stores.
My Debenhams does not stock nails inc or elemis and it did have an OPi nail bar but it did not last long.

Last edited:
This is nothing to do with beauty, but as we're reminiscing, the Honora thread reminds me of the man who used to bring the oysters in a tin and you opened it yourself to get the pearl out. There were pendants, I think, to put the pearls in.

at one time they used to rave about essie nail polishes.
they never seem to have many brands that have single shows. a lot of brands seem to just be shown in beauty workshops.

I remember a buck wheat pillow and also thes insoles for shoes which hubby didnt like so sent back

I know this isnt beauty either but the gold plating in bottle my sister in law bought some plated everything I think she sent it back then

Ah the 'lifesize' cardboard cut out...... I remember that!

I bought 2 lots of the Brite Bites when they were a TSV but the dates were fairly short so ended up stuffing 2 at a time just to use them up :54:

Thank you so much ladies for this lovely thread - I've had a great time reminiscing and remembering some of my 'purchases from the past' -buckwheat pillow, colour changing lippy, Rejuvenique (yes, that's the face mask that looked like something out of 'Silence of the lambs'!) presented by the woman off Dynasty :eek: ..... nothing like strolling down memory lane!

:54::54::54:

court case in the US about false advertising. Infact QVC just got fined not long ago over it, must take awhile in America and it was really big bucks too!!!!!!

Thanks Donna.... was that because they don't actually make you lose weight?
Well I was well and truly suckered because I was already taking L-Carnitine (which was one of the key ingredients) so found it easy to believe the sales pitch......... I've moved on to the Atkins Advantage bars which is the closest I can find (no carbs, or low carbs anyway, for my sweet treats)

Daniele Ryman- French woman selling 'natural essential oil based products'.

Onky lasted a couple of shows.

What happened re Dr Denese ?

Loving this thread,some blasts from the past!
Remember Lazartigue, AY used to rave about it
I still have a tiny stub of tony and tina glittery eye pencil
Not beauty but I used to love Carol Smith pre Dawn Bibby and did quite a lot of her Gallery Glass
Were those cakes Seriously Scrumptious? I bought some glittery Brownies
I liked the Pupa make up kits in the shape of bears etc
Keep thinking of more peeps!!

I'm sure someone said my beloved Korres was on QVC years ago. I've only watched the channel for 4.5 years so not sure how long ago it was.

How could I forget the beloved Lazartigue,I loved that range.
Also does anyone remember Pureline brought over from the US with the founder Joseph who used to guest present - everything used to sell out.Don't know why it was discontinued.Also I remember an italian ornate jewellery range called Damasquinado.

How could I forget the beloved Lazartigue,I loved that range.
Also does anyone remember Pureline brought over from the US with the founder Joseph who used to guest present - everything used to sell out.Don't know why it was discontinued.Also I remember an italian ornate jewellery range called Damasquinado.

I loved the Pureline range - loved the citrus bath soak and the one that really did smell like ice fresh Norwegian Fjords - great for after a workout! I remember AY always used to get silly over the sensual red one.

Latest posts

Back