Brands that have come and gone.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gabriella T knitwear - always a massive sellout
big boys toys
kahuna watches
bucilla felt craft
Goosebumps gel insoles - still got and use mine!

I remember Mojave Magic, Arianne Poole and Scott Barnes. Their stuff was fab. Still have some - and still using it!!!
I remember a brilliant South African jewellery company called Armilla, that did pewter jewellery with stones. I have quite a few pieces and when they were being discontinued bought up everything is last clicks. Fantastic stuff. Unusual, weighty and great quality.
I also remember that they had Dower & Hall on, and I bought two pieces. Everything went so quickly. It is still being sold but is now hugely pricey. Also Alex Monroe, now extremely fashionable and being worn by the likes of Sienna Miller and featured in the Sunday supplements.
What a shame they miss out on these brands. I suppose they need an initial boost and then find it downgrades their brand. There was another brand selling semi-precious stones on thin silver wires, very dainty. I saw this brand at a fashion show and mentioned I knew it from QVC and received a very snotty look.
Interesting.

Armilla Jewellery. [Don't know why they disappeared because she always had sell-outs. Used to design with themes towards breast cancer care]

Pirate Verte Jewellery, one show and then never again
Lunch at the Ritz to Go Jewellery, ditto
Old Tupton Ware

Someone mentioned Casamia fashion - it's on IW now, but also on loads of market stalls near me, being sold for £5-10. According to Denniece on IW it's high end stuff that you only see in special boutiques...;)

What about....

Hi :hi:,
Didn't Marie Osmond bring dolls at one stage? Didn't Victoria Principal appear on air for a little while with her skin care range before decamping to an Infommercial channel?
:thinking2::thinking2::thinking2:

What was the name of the bath stuff that the black girl called Phylis used to bring?
Ali Young was forever going on about how fab Phylis was for 50 years of age.
I remember buying the stuff for little or nothing in Boots when the company went belly up.

Just remembered the name,it was Ephemer :thinking2:
Also Portrait of a Lady costume jewellery,some nice pieces but quite expensive though they were always good sellers.

I loved REN, especially their shower gels.
London College of Beauty Therapy
Phytomer
Spectacular cosmetics
Nuxe
Pevonia
St Tropez

Dr Denese
Korres
Living Nature
Kimia (seems to be in last clicks)
Caudalie

Wasn't there a brand you could clean the mask off with a magnet as well? Haven't seen that for ages.

And I think there was another brand, from the US, that was really expensive - Bio something??? - that I haven't seen for a long time as well. Very pale woman used to sell it.

Last edited:
Dr Denese
Korres
Living Nature
Kimia (seems to be in last clicks)
Caudalie

Wasn't there a brand you could clean the mask off with a magnet as well? Haven't seen that for ages.

And I think there was another brand, from the US, that was really expensive - Bio something??? - that I haven't seen for a long time as well. Very pale woman used to sell it.

I've been wondering why they haven't been on QVC yet. Apparently, they have. :)

Just remembered the name,it was Ephemer :thinking2:
Also Portrait of a Lady costume jewellery,some nice pieces but quite expensive though they were always good sellers.

I used to love watching the portrait of a lady shows !, I had it in my head it was property and not portrait but now I;m not so sure !.
Seems to me that there has not been many California "stuff" on lately or have I missed it ?, sent for some pieces once and hated them so back they went !.

Ooh yeah, I remember Phytomer when Lee Bradley used to guest for them...

I bought loads of Tony and Tina. I only got rid of the last inch of the glitter pencils a few weeks ago when I had the big sort out.

Brenda Christian Face powder was fab! I still haven't found one I like as much.

Was the Magnet Mask called Annum 21 or something similar? I only used that all up quite recently as well whilst F.A.R.Ting. Stila seem to have come and gone as well.

I wish they'd bring Ren back. I think the time is ripe for that brand now.

What about Ole Henriksen? was he on for a while?

Stila have been bought and sold a number of times in the past few years. Estee Lauder owned it at one point then sold it and then it was bought and sold again.

Word was last the brand was in big trouble, but found a buyer who pulled in out of the UK and Europe altogether.

REN is a lovely brand but QVC sold so little of it anyway compared to their product list. They have their own mail order company and it is in Space NK. Doubt they want to go back to QVC.

Ooh yeah, I remember Phytomer when Lee Bradley used to guest for them...

I bought loads of Tony and Tina. I only got rid of the last inch of the glitter pencils a few weeks ago when I had the big sort out.

Brenda Christian Face powder was fab! I still haven't found one I like as much.

Was the Magnet Mask called Annum 21 or something similar? I only used that all up quite recently as well whilst F.A.R.Ting. Stila seem to have come and gone as well.

I wish they'd bring Ren back. I think the time is ripe for that brand now.

What about Ole Henriksen? was he on for a while?

oh, yeah. i remember her brow pencil. not bad.

I agree

I used to love watching the portrait of a lady shows !, I had it in my head it was property and not portrait but now I;m not so sure !.
Seems to me that there has not been many California "stuff" on lately or have I missed it ?, sent for some pieces once and hated them so back they went !.

Hi :hi:,
I think it was "Property of a Lady" too. California Style was on quite recently, but it isn't on much at all these days. I think I have grown out of "tat" jewellery anyway. I would rather have less of the better quality stuff than a load of cheap costume jewellery. I must be getting old......I am sounding like my mother!
:wave2:

Latest posts

Back