Brands that have come and gone.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Primavera skincare & Temple Spa skin & bath products.

I've been to a couple of Temple Spa home parties, it's all skin stuff and very expensive. I've only bought it cos I've got plastered and suddenly £35 for moisturiser doesn't seem too outrageous!!

It's funny that when the lady who sells it is going on about the brand (it's so exclusive it's sold in Harrods etc), she's never once mentioned that it used to be on QVC! Apparently it was set up by the people who started Virgin Vie.

I've been to a couple of Temple Spa home parties, it's all skin stuff and very expensive. I've only bought it cos I've got plastered and suddenly £35 for moisturiser doesn't seem too outrageous!!

It's funny that when the lady who sells it is going on about the brand (it's so exclusive it's sold in Harrods etc), she's never once mentioned that it used to be on QVC! Apparently it was set up by the people who started Virgin Vie.

I remember buying two Discovery kits for my dd's & they were lovely but sadly the range disappeared.
Didn't realize it was set up by the same people who started Virgin Vie!

Can't remember the name of it but there was a beauty range with a guest called Joseph who AY seemed very smitten with.
Syence skincare.
That Israeli(?) woman selling gold - Aya something or other.

Can't remember the name of it but there was a beauty range with a guest called Joseph who AY seemed very smitten with.
Syence skincare.
That Israeli(?) woman selling gold - Aya something or other.

Natural Science or Pureline,Sharon & he did some lovely stuff,really nice shower gels.

Thanks Marzy, I did actually buy some and it was very nice - shame it went really! x

The guy selling action comics
K&C fashion
The american craft lady...can't think of her name..was it Carol?
Snow babies
Pens that you could pierce coke cans with!
Winnie the pooh disney watches (aaaw!)

The Magic Board man......was it Marvin Magic? I bought one of these for my daughter and she had hours of fun with it - many years ago I might add!

elvis memorabilia...
the lady who made the cakes - simply scrumptious? something like that...

Enchantica was the unicorns etc, myth and magic was pewter I think. I remember because Paul Lavers did the promo whispering, I have peculiarly sensitive hearing and whispering makes me want to scream and run away, into the traffic if necessary. Ad breaks get muted because of this :D

:hi: I remember big bold gold, big boys toys, corgi collectables, all the cd's they used to sell with tony blackburn, kevin day with his wotta things like wotta chair wotta saw wotta tootbrush etc etc, I remember buying a weird hairbrush thing that you could bend and it was meant to straighten your hair or something and cos me about £15. i think the debbie things were called enchantica?
all those weird dolls from some german company that were so real they freaked me out!
that chopping thing kitchen wizard or something with chef tony that nearly had my fingers off
rocket chef
gold plating for your cutlery
freedom bag( which pop up occasionally now)
i could go on for days....

Ella Bache skincare
That fudge company (can't remember the name)
Those "blue" sunglasses
the tan-through swim suits
there was a woman who sold knitting kits and a bow-maker (4 wooden pegs slotted into a length of 2x4)
those canvas straps that you put under wardrobes etc to move them - they were always demo'd by Beverley Cresswell and Angela Logarni (sp ??)
MOP (or have I missed their shows ?)
Cecile Poulange - fancy boxes covered in pastel-coloured lace and ribbons

A largish American lady who used to dip stuff in a solution and it would be re-silvered :flower:

Alot of brands mentions went down the tube. Tony and Tina I loved but alas they went bankrupt.

Nick Chav is still on QVC US, not sure but think the brand did not sell went in the UK or perhaps he just would not travel to the UK?

Think people lost interest in the collectables. In the local cash converters or pawnbrokers, always loads of that myth and magical stuff and Elvis too.

Latest posts

Back