Beauty brands which have come and gone...and why?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dead sea magic , salt and mud skin treatments
What about the anticelulite wraps an italian brand that I cant remember the name off , the models ended up wrapped in cling film like mummies

Remember Talika? Something to do with plastic surgery recovery in blue packing i seem to remember? Never used it but see loads of QVC brands past and present are on hqhair

I just remembered another one - La Mirador. I think it was meant to be QVC's own range.

Nikkid, I remember Talika - I used to get their under eye patches and still have some in fact!!

SpaceNK also sell Talika :)

They stocked Ren for a while, but at least they're happily going from strength to strength on their own without QVC. Shame, though, because I'd love some TSV priced bundles from them!

I loved Tony & Tina. I'm down to my last couple of millimetres of my most favourite lipstick ever, which was a T&T one. Their eyebase was wonderful too. Why do all the best things never last? :sadsmilie:

They had the best ever mascara, which had a really quite dry 'shoe-polishy' sort of texture, and never smudged or clumped.

Also lovely lip glosses which were completely non-sticky.

BTW, Aveda is now very easy to source, even if you don't have access to one of the big dept stores.

Try www.HQhair.com

www.lookfantastic.com

or Aveda's own uk based website.

I would be interested to see Laura Mercier on QVC as her products generally get good write-ups in the beauty press. But I would advise people to steer clear of the illuminating version of her TM, which I found very sparkly and greasy.

anyone remember Ultraglow with the really camp guest? those lipsticks that "magically" changed colour on your lips!

Yes think I had the yellow one, turn bright pink and couldnt get it off for a week hahaha

I loved there DURAKISS lipsticks though, I came across one other day back of a drawer forgot all about that make so have recently ordered some from ebay they were good lipsticks.....

Ok, I know it's not a beauty item (maybe comes under health though?),
but does anyone know what happened to Brite Bites?

I used to buy those bars quite often and even Jill Franks would happily devour them!

Anyone remember Hairflex? It had that guy who looks like Kenny Rodgers. I always wanted the bendy brush, it looked good :56:

Does anybody remember the woman from Dynasty (?) who had really bad cosmetic surgery and was selling some mask thing that looked like a torture implement???
I think it even send electric impulses ( I might remember that wrong) at key points on to your face??
OMG?????:11:

Ok, I know it's not a beauty item (maybe comes under health though?),
but does anyone know what happened to Brite Bites?

I used to buy those bars quite often and even Jill Franks would happily devour them!

:54::54::54:

court case in the US about false advertising. Infact QVC just got fined not long ago over it, must take awhile in America and it was really big bucks too!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back