Beauty brands which have come and gone...and why?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tony & Tina ... went bust apparently, but you can still get it on various websites.

I loved Tony & Tina. I'm down to my last couple of millimetres of my most favourite lipstick ever, which was a T&T one. Their eyebase was wonderful too. Why do all the best things never last? :sadsmilie:

#20 Ooh yes, Aveda, I was wondering about them the other day when I posted about REN only appearing the once & then never being seen again!
Aveda was really popular I think, wonder where they went to?

Aveda was bought up by Estee lauder and then rolled out in a number of department stores. I suppose when a brand becomes more widely available in retail outlets there is less advantage for both parties in continuing selling through QVC.

Karin Herzog and Origins have also featured in the past.

Kanebo got into big trouble finance wise and pulled out of europe. Harrods still have counter I believe.

Estee Lauder own Origins and they are in Boots and many department stores. We have three counters in Belfast alone. They discontinued their makeup range last year.

Estee Lauder bought Aveda and decided to pull it from QVC. I remember the manageress of the counter in Debenhams telling everyone it would no longer be on QVC. EL did not want it there.

Never see Temple Spa anywhere so could have gone down the drain.

Ariane Poole was given the boot by QVC, they just stopped including her. Better buying from her own site, I do.

Oh yes Joan Rivers skincare and makeup is still on QVC US. Would you buy skincare from a woman who had so much work done?

I loved Tony & Tina. I'm down to my last couple of millimetres of my most favourite lipstick ever, which was a T&T one. Their eyebase was wonderful too. Why do all the best things never last? :sadsmilie:

They're eye base was unbelievably wonderful. I found an Origins one subsequently, that was excellent too, but they too have stopped make-up in the UK. Pah wuss

Karin Herzog is one that sticks out in my mind most of all, because I remember the guest presenter openly arguing with AY about the way to use the products and how using traditional methods of cleansing and toning was wrong etc.

This next one isn't a beauty product per se, although the end result was meant to make you look beautiful..."Property of a Lady" ring any bells??

Nick Chavez hair stuff. Special FX. I quite miss special FX, have to get it from ebay now. Those gold wobbly rings. I have one of those and I still love it.

I had every kit going of Special Fx loved them - they sell the kits on ebay now. I still have loads! I also use to love the Nick Chavez hair products and he was a very handsome guy too! He still sells on QVCUS.

Remember Talika? Something to do with plastic surgery recovery in blue packing i seem to remember? Never used it but see loads of QVC brands past and present are on hqhair

Last edited:
I just remembered another one - La Mirador. I think it was meant to be QVC's own range.

Nikkid, I remember Talika - I used to get their under eye patches and still have some in fact!!

A lot of these brands are now available on the high street, Pupa(Fenwicks) Ultraglow(anywhere) Nads(Boots)Ecotan(Harods, John Lewis) St Tropez (Anywhere) so maybe QVC only want proucts which gives them some exclusivity?

#19 - Melusina, I vaguely remember Crem but never used it.

I also remember Talika, there was a conditioner for your lashes. Some of Patsy Palmer's "Palmer Cutler" stuff is now in the Kleenezee catalogue.

Laura Mercier gets lots of press, I've never used it - can anyone recommend it? Mind you, I would much prefer to buy quality British brands if poss, particularly with the economy how it is.

I use the Laura Eye Basic, you can get in different shades to match your skin tone. Your eyeshadow really does stay on. I did buy the spring palette very soft pretty colours.

Ephemer was another brand that went, I remember during a show when the woman that represented the brand said something inappropriate and Alison Young nearly had a baby whilst apologising profusely.

You can get Aveda in House of Fraser. Same price as QVC and no p+p costs! And loyalty points too :10:

Thats ok if you can find a HofF

I had every kit going of Special Fx loved them - they sell the kits on ebay now. I still have loads! I also use to love the Nick Chavez hair products and he was a very handsome guy too! He still sells on QVCUS.

I really miss Special Fx, do they have their own brand shop on ebay or is it just folk selling off old kits?

I miss the pupa make up kits, QVC dont have the same amount of pupa that they used to have

I remember Syence skincare - the representative (male) had the most beautiful sensual hands when he did the demos...

And there was the 'Spectacular' make up range, where you got eye colours, lips, nails, face products, all together in bumper packs...

Oh oh and Hydron skincare - I used to love that....

Latest posts

Back