Beauty bash- anyone for a deal???

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They give away a huge carrier bag of goodies. Lots of full sizes ,make up, beauty and other things. I would say the value was well over £100.00

With all the moaning on FB id imagine they will be checking everyone very carefully so doubt swapping is a gd idea unless u live close by and have nothing to lose

do they give anything away? Cant imagine they would give you much. they want you to buy everything and I bet they are really tight with the freebies. I bet you might get a few sachets but they wont give you tubes, jars or bottles, will they?

The goodie bags are worth a lot of money, someone last year guested well over £100!

Some cheeky so and so on Facebook cannot go, will to give their tickets away. But only if the person gives them the goodie bags.

I think its a bit of a kick in the guts for thousands of other loyal beauty shoppers who dont get the invite. Then they get nothing, not even a ferw smaples through the post. I wouldnt be interested in going but my mam might and I have ordered so much beauty over the last few years for her.

The goodie bags are worth a lot of money, someone last year guested well over £100!

Some cheeky so and so on Facebook cannot go, will to give their tickets away. But only if the person gives them the goodie bags.

Er someone on this thread has done the same Donna.:giggle:

I suppose if the person going doesn't mind posting it all off then everyones happy but I warn you it is a mahoosive haul.

Last edited:
I think its a bit of a kick in the guts for thousands of other loyal beauty shoppers who dont get the invite. Then they get nothing, not even a ferw smaples through the post. I wouldnt be interested in going but my mam might and I have ordered so much beauty over the last few years for her.

Everything about qvc seems a kick in the guts for you Tristar, you do nothing but complain about it. Can I suggest you take up watching the Good Food Channel, I'm sure it will make you happier :wink:

The goody bags are worth the train fare alone. I totted mine up last year and it was over £100. The Gatineau raffle, which my friend won, must have been over £200 at their prices - 6-7 FS products.

Has anyone been before and going again this year ? just interested to know how many people have been more than once

QVC US have a lottery and you actually buy tickets. There are so many tickets and you enter your name, it includes a hotel stay and depending on how much you pay you can attend a dinner with the beauty guests. The lottery is open from a certain time to a certain time and people put their names down. So first in get to go. Its all done online. The goodie bags are handed out at the end of the event as you leave. They get full size Clarisonics etc.

I am going with my mum- the first time to be invited. I was lucky to get super advance train tickets and an afternoon slot.

I am really looking forward to it having read this thread, I had no idea about the freebies being so good. If my mum gets one too we can swap stuff with each other.

My mum never watches QVC, she just has my unwanted stuff. I will beed by her- a totally neutral person- as to who she thinks comes accross nice or naff. I am choosing to think the best of them l unless when I see or speak to them it changes my view. I will be looking to spot fellow forumites.

I was going to dress casual, but my mum wonders whether I should try harder to look smart/ casual. My guess is it will be a mixed bag. I may wear my Emu's but that is because they are welded to my feet. But there will be no tell tale Q clothes, or jewelery.

I would love to go as went last year. It's quite a queue to check your jacket in and if driving make sure you've got enough to pay for the parking. If anyone needs a +1 and wants to go in a car let me know. I'm a medically retired coach driver. I love driving and long journeys/night driving doesn't bother me. Due to the short notice the petrol might be less than train fares, that's if the trains are running with the weather closing in. Last year I picked up my friend from Bolton at 2am to get to the morning session.

I'd love to go but I really don't buy much beauty stuff from QVC so I'm not surprised I haven't had an invite. Hope those who are going have a fabulous day.

Dress in what you are comfy in mixed bag of people there but you will enjoy the day,

Has anyone been before and going again this year ? just interested to know how many people have been more than once

Dare I say that I've been three times now? the first two times mum got invited by QVC directly and I went with her and last year I won tickets in the draw and took mum. We ended up getting recognised by Leighton and others as men are pretty thin on the ground there, but it's a great event, even if you are male :) It's great to speak to all the people you see regularly on the telly, and they really are very friendly and approachable. There are talks you can attend with Alison and lots of the brands have sessions of things that you can book at their tables. Many give away small freebies at their tables, but the goody bags really are worth the effort. You get masses of stuff of all sorts, plus things like a QVC mug, teddy bear, pen etc :) All nice collectables IMO and the actual products are worth upwards of £100. The first year we went it was nearer £200.

We didn't get lucky this time round but I hope all those who are going have a great time, and don't forget to give us all the gossip when you get back :D

Moth that is grand. I have only been once and this was before the goody bag, but you still got loads of freebs.
I know it was before this recent forum update, I think 2006 or 2007. And I met up with Jude and Anne and AD and Jackie. It was a great morning.
I think its a brilliant thing they do and I hope everyone going has a wonderful time

I am lucky enough to have won two tickets in the draw and am really excited. I'm taking a cherished friend who because we now live on opposite sides of the country I haven't seen for over a year. It's given us an excellent excuse to meet up in London. We're staying overnight the night before (I've got a morning session) and with train travel its costing me an arm and a leg but I can't wait! *claps hands very fast*
Just hope the "white stuff" doesn't scupper our travel plans :sweat:

everyone from st.com going should wear something to recognize each other. A secret sign in other words.

How about to wear one item in animal print? In honour of the thread about it.

Tink are you going? You could wear those shoes.........

Latest posts

Back