BCC Event

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
Just out of interest, did anyone actually managed to order anything that was up for sale last night? I didn't try as it's always been so manic in the past, but I'm surprised to see there are still quite a few items still available on the website.

Did not bother as previous years got very stressed with website ect. Checked this morning and noticed lots of items still in stock but nothing i want. I will just donate some money direct to charity.
Did notice that the p&p seemed high on lots of small items, i think QVC should keep p&p low for charity night.

Considering it's a big event, I found the product range to be rather disappointing. I got hold of the B&W panda, but nothing else really interested me. I'd rather make a direct donation. I was also surprised to see that the P&P was still stupidly high for most things and I'm sure that would have put people off too. All I could see was QVC making out of the charges.

Also, exactly what does "net proceeds" mean exactly when it comes to the amount donated from purchases?

Last edited:
I have only ever tried to participate once, and that must be a fair few years ago now. It was so annoying to not get through or get anything that I gave upo and have never bothered again

I was pleased to see that this was still available and I ordered it on the website this morning :)

I got it last night ages after they said that it had gone. I wonder if lots of people had it in their baskets but couldn't check out.

- vat

Considering it's a big event, I found the product range to be rather disappointing. I got hold of the B&W panda, but nothing else really interested me. I'd rather make a direct donation. I was also surprised to see that the P&P was still stupidly high for most things and I'm sure that would have put people off too. All I could see was QVC making out of the charges.

Also, exactly what does "net proceeds" mean exactly when it comes to the amount donated from purchases?

Hi :wave:,
It means that VAT still has to be paid on the price customers pay and the balance is paid to the charity.
:wave:

Exactly what I did Moth, didn't bother watching much or trying to buy, just rang in and donated...I didn't get to speak to any of the presenters tho, thank goodness...!

Latest posts

Back