Basso

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
Was that ghastly oaf Basso drunk on the show last night, he seemed it.

I wouldn't know because I refuse to watch the vile man and it's an absolute disgrace that Q allows him to peddle his wares.

Q must be desperate to permit this revolting individual a moment's air time. I also refuse to watch him, I refuse to spend a penny on electricity watching or listening to anyone with "credentials" such as his. Shame on Q.

Calling Basso an animal murderer on Q`s facebook page got me banned from posting. Lots of people are still unaware he sells real fur and Q always trot out the usual response if anybody mentions it.

I gave up watching Basso a long time ago, everything about him is repugnant to me. :down:

I agree totally ...refuse to watch ...not good for QVC To entertain this person .....so much
controversy ...it does not make sense and is not reasonable ...Fur trade is despicable ...enough said from me ..

Was that ghastly oaf Basso drunk on the show last night, he seemed it.

Yep, I can't believe he is invited back year after year, he seems to me to be a old-fashioned 'cottager gay', sorry I know that may make me sound homophobic (believe you me I am not), but he seems that as @Rozzy stated drunk (he always appears to be like that to me), too loud and his clothes are the 'other side', of a trade and practice that I feel is wrong and cruel, yes I wear leather shoes, but that I feel is a far cry from killing animals that are rare and precuious to the ecology of the world just so that some American woman can pay thousands of dollars for, a bit like an American going on a Safari hunt in Kenya so that they can have a 'prize' of elephant tusk. No both practices are cruel and wrong.

I am actually surprised that given QVC's stand on 'Social Responsibilty' that they allow Basso to be on the show selling his wares year after year, on top of that they mention his 'other side' (not a lot, but they do mention it), which again doesn't exactly sit well with the 'Social Responsibility ethos!

In an odd way he is quite entertaining. He seems so evil and awful he is almost like a caricature or a pantomime villain, yet I suppose his deeds are very real. He literally makes a killing out of killing all those little minks and stoats and other fluffy creatures. I read somewhere that even the innards of the animals are sold to pet food companies to be fed to other animals - which seems to me quite perverse.

Yep, I can't believe he is invited back year after year, he seems to me to be a old-fashioned 'cottager gay', sorry I know that may make me sound homophobic (believe you me I am not), but he seems that as @Rozzy stated drunk (he always appears to be like that to me), too loud and his clothes are the 'other side', of a trade and practice that I feel is wrong and cruel, yes I wear leather shoes, but that I feel is a far cry from killing animals that are rare and precuious to the ecology of the world just so that some American woman can pay thousands of dollars for, a bit like an American going on a Safari hunt in Kenya so that they can have a 'prize' of elephant tusk. No both practices are cruel and wrong.

I am actually surprised that given QVC's stand on 'Social Responsibilty' that they allow Basso to be on the show selling his wares year after year, on top of that they mention his 'other side' (not a lot, but they do mention it), which again doesn't exactly sit well with the 'Social Responsibility ethos!

QVC is 99% unethical with the majority of their beauty products being sold in China, in fact, QVC are as far from ethical as you could possibly get. They have "designers" who sell real fur and the bast**d himself Basso, Americas leading Furrier.

They are certainly unethical .If they gave a s*** about their customers they would listen to the many who have raised concerns about product origins and problems they experience when purchasing in general .They would also find alternative sources for products when they know brands are from those suppliers who are involved in internationally condemned practices.However,ultimately it is all about the money of course.All companies are about money but I do think some are more greedy and after our last penny more than others.
I reckon Basso ought to be stuffed and stood in The Retreat.Would definitely scare off troublesome or over amorous guests.

In an odd way he is quite entertaining. He seems so evil and awful he is almost like a caricature or a pantomime villain, yet I suppose his deeds are very real. He literally makes a killing out of killing all those little minks and stoats and other fluffy creatures. I read somewhere that even the innards of the animals are sold to pet food companies to be fed to other animals - which seems to me quite perverse.

Actually it horse meat they use not mink etc in pet food.

he also uses rare white fox and wolf. Someone really needs to do an Ed Gein on him.:mysmilie_17: Make him into a skin suit.

QVC is 99% unethical with the majority of their beauty products being sold in China, in fact, QVC are as far from ethical as you could possibly get. They have "designers" who sell real fur and the bast**d himself Basso, Americas leading Furrier.

Alison Young for years used to insist that no beauty products they sold had been tested etc.

Now this one is brought on their QVC page quite a bit, there is a pat standard question they pull out each time. About following the EU directive, but most of the QVC beauty is actually US brands which do not have to do this.

he also uses rare white fox and wolf. Someone really needs to do an Ed Gein on him.:mysmilie_17: Make him into a skin suit.

Yes coming soon, Dennis Bastardo in "Silence Of The Hams". :mysmilie_17: Pretty soon, thanks to the likes of that disgusting individual, our grandchildren and their grandchildren will only see the likes of a Snow Lynx, and other endangered species, in a book or on a hanger in Harrods/New York/Paris, they'll become extinct thanks to to people with lots of money and zero class.

Calling Basso an animal murderer on Q`s facebook page got me banned from posting. Lots of people are still unaware he sells real fur and Q always trot out the usual response if anybody mentions it.

Come on, surely even you are not stupid enough to think that 'defamatory comments (even though they are perfectly accurate and true and I am 100% in agreence with you), would get you a 'pat on the back' and a 'thank you very kindly for pointing out that Mr Basso is in the business of killing innocent animals (cruelly) for his and his clients personal gain' did you I mean really!!

No the FB (not that I am an 'electronic twit' (a physical real life one, well I will let you come to your own conclusion (by the way the correct answer to that rhetorical is in the 'affirmative') any case, back to the point (as usual my verbal diarrhoea is 'playing up', is that on the QVC FB 'think of the 'Sesame Street' song and if you use that ethos with the FB page then you are there on how they want you to 'play their game'!

Yes, I agree with you as far as it goes and British should be British, not 'designed in Britain' made 'somewhere that can make my 'gunk', bags, clothes etc' cheaper so I can exploit both this country and the QVC customer and make loads of money for my self (Lulu Guiness is the first name that springs to mind there, after reading a very interesting article about her on the web the other day), but whereas others do exploit both sides, Dennis Basso in my mind goes further, the fur trade should be banned, it is not need for warmth (only perhaps Russia and the coldest depths of Canada such as Saskatchewan that can have temperatures of -45C (even colder than dear old Blighty), then maybe, just maybe they can be a legitimate reason for wearing fur (I am opposed to the killing and using of fur, for pure commercial gains, but if you are shooting an animal for food, then a by-product of the animal (depending on the animal), would be fur). Now is this any different from killing a cow for the meat as well as using the leather for shoes?

The problem with Basso, over anyone else is that he is completely two-faced, yes he does go on about is 'haute couture' line (which I am still surprised that people don't realise that this would be real fur given that what he 'flogs' on TV is faux fur (surely people are not that stupid?)), on set but it is the blatencay of what he does with regards to 'fur farming', that is wrong, though saying that is this any different from Honara Pearls 'oyster farming'.

Sorry, I will shut up now as I am realising how 'vox box' this post is getting. It is a subject close to my heart and whilst I am against fur (and would never wear it) and don't like the way it farmed or used, is this really any different from any of the other above points. I mean lets face it are we not all guilty (unless you are of course a strict Vegan/Vegetation), of some form of animal/sea cruelty in some way?

Also on a completely different note, tis OK stating that China/India is 'taking our jobs', but lets face it in reality we rely on these two countries for probably 99% of goods and services (India mainly with that one), that we use every day. Tech/clothes/'gunk' is made in China, so no whilst it would be nice to have all products designed and manufactured in the country of origin of the designer, it is unfortunately no longer possible, given the volumes of goods wanting to be made. I mean there was a picture a couple of years ago with Microsoft coming under scrutiny for treating its Chinese workforce so badly that they were falling asleep at their desk, yes I am not saying that the Chinese are not being exploited but, it is jobs for them, if they didn't have the jobs, there would be a far bigger humanitarian crisis on our hands.

Sorry I will really shut up now

Come on, surely even you are not stupid enough to think that 'defamatory comments (even though they are perfectly accurate and true and I am 100% in agreence with you), would get you a 'pat on the back' and a 'thank you very kindly for pointing out that Mr Basso is in the business of killing innocent animals (cruelly) for his and his clients personal gain' did you I mean really!!

No the FB (not that I am an 'electronic twit' (a physical real life one, well I will let you come to your own conclusion (by the way the correct answer to that rhetorical is in the 'affirmative') any case, back to the point (as usual my verbal diarrhoea is 'playing up', is that on the QVC FB 'think of the 'Sesame Street' song and if you use that ethos with the FB page then you are there on how they want you to 'play their game'!

DO NOT call me stupid because I am far from stupid and when I commented on Q`s facebook about Basso being an animal murderer it was on a huge long thread which rumbled on for ages, around 2 years ago and lots of us were booted off the page because QVC couldn`t handle the conversation and debate. They did what they usually do which is pretend it never happened, deleted the whole thread and everybody on it, including those who weren`t really bothered either way about Basso.

I'm sure they could make him into a small family tent, or a teepee! But then it would be forever haunted with Basso singing that ol' Frank Sinatra number: "I've GOT you.... UNDER MY SKIN!"

DO NOT call me stupid because I am far from stupid and when I commented on Q`s facebook about Basso being an animal murderer it was on a huge long thread which rumbled on for ages, around 2 years ago and lots of us were booted off the page because QVC couldn`t handle the conversation and debate. They did what they usually do which is pretend it never happened, deleted the whole thread and everybody on it, including those who weren`t really bothered either way about Basso.

I would never call anyone stupid and if that was what you thought I eluded to in the post that I am deeply sorry, I would never ever call anyone that, I think I just used the wrong combination of words with regards to the point I was trying to get across. What I was trying to get across was the fact that no-one would surely believe what QVC was telling them with regards to Social Responsibilty.

Sorry again, I can hand on heart 100% say that in no way did I mean to elude to that fact that you or anyone else is stupid. Please accept this truly heartfelt apology.

Guess I will have to re-read and carefully construct my words in future. Or just stop posting!

Latest posts

Back