BareMinerals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was only thinking exactly the same thing today! Looked at what they had to offer and it wasn't much at all. Another good brand leaving? Mind you, not been the same since SJ and Lee left. I used to really enjoy their shows. There are very few cosmetic/skincare shows I enjoy now. Do like Nails Inc with Thea.

I think it was about 2 weeks ago on QVC Facebook someone asked about Bare Minerals and got the reply to keep watching the channel guide.

Now, I have only ever bought their eyeliners in a set on sale elsewhere, but even I noticed they had vanished. Not even on the beauty channel.

I asked on the QVC Facebook page and got the reply that there were no planned shows coming up and to keep checking their tsv guide. Lots of stuff on clearance now so I get the impression they’re not going to be back on. It did seem to do downhill after SJ left, I never really warmed to the other two. I’ve had some good value sets over the years as it’s my regular makeup brand so it’s one brand I am missing on QVC.

I found their original loose powder foundation and mineral veil highlighted my pores. My nose resembled a strawberry, the pores looked like the little yellow seeds.
635C862C-589E-4300-8656-31249BA6609D.jpeg

Buff buff and more buff! I guess it doesn’t suit all skins, but I lover them
Right! The more you buff, the better. The veil is great and really works, but it has to be buffed in, then you'll see the Photoshop effect they always mentioned during the presentations.

I remember reading on QVC US forum how a number of women stopped using the loose foundation after catching sight of themselves in shop windows. They had been long term fans and used it for a number of years and knew to buff repeatedly, at home it looked fine in the bathroom mirrors. Not in real life outside in daylight. They were in their 50s and said it made them look much older.

This was say 4 or 5 years back because I remember posting it here.

I was only thinking exactly the same thing today! Looked at what they had to offer and it wasn't much at all. Another good brand leaving? Mind you, not been the same since SJ and Lee left. I used to really enjoy their shows. There are very few cosmetic/skincare shows I enjoy now. Do like Nails Inc with Thea.
Did they leave the brand or QVC?

When Shiseido bought the brand some years back, that was when they started bring out more traditional foundations in liquid form. At the time, I remember on forums, people saying they might have been worried about perhaps getting lawsuits from people inhaling the powder? A lot of perfume houses stopped making dusting powder because people dusting it and inhaling developing lung problems and suing the companies.

This stemmed from Johnston and Johnston baby powder class action. J & J settle for millions in the end.

Latest posts

Back