Banned from Rocks TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing though, amf, in the past the chit chat room has simply not been utilised properly. I think the bringing back of the chit chat room coupled with mods to gently remind people to take their chats there would work wonderfully (it would also give Help an extra pair of eyes when trolls descend and get them dealt with more swiftly), but it would need to be sensibly done. As has previously been mentioned, the odd non jewellry comment would need to be allowed as otherwise we might all die of boredom!! Lol!!!
I think the chit chat didnt work because people had to keep switching to see the jewellery and you couldnt do both

You could see the jewellry if you were in chit chat, you just couldn't speak to the presenter as they couldn't see the chit chat room. Now that they can't see either room might not be such a huge issue.

That's the thing though, amf, in the past the chit chat room has simply not been utilised properly. I think the bringing back of the chit chat room coupled with mods to gently remind people to take their chats there would work wonderfully (it would also give Help an extra pair of eyes when trolls descend and get them dealt with more swiftly), but it would need to be sensibly done. As has previously been mentioned, the odd non jewellry comment would need to be allowed as otherwise we might all die of boredom!! Lol!!!

The last time chit chat was reinstated chatter's refused to chat in there, something needs to be done to ensure that chatter's who want to discuss health & personal problems do so in the chit chat room if it's reinstated. I agree there is nothing wrong with non jewellery comments, it's just the depressing comments that need addressing. I think if they reinstate chit chat then everyone will be happy.

The last time chit chat was reinstated chatter's refused to chat in there, something needs to be done to ensure that chatter's who want to discuss health & personal problems do so in the chit chat room if it's reinstated. I agree there is nothing wrong with non jewellery comments, it's just the depressing comments that need addressing. I think if they reinstate chit chat then everyone will be happy.

You've hit the nail on the head there, amf!! Absolutely!

Moderators may be a step forward. However, problems can arise when moderators get a little power mad and abuse their position to enforce only comments / opinions they personally agree with. It can happen quite a lot on forums where moderators do not remain impartial. Mirabelle would make a good moderator in my opinion as she is helpful with details about the stock and is a caring person, considerate of the feelings of others.

Inge

i agree ballerina, and i think mirabelle is the only regular i would say would be an appropriate moderator

surely if people refuse to use the chit chat room for their personal chat then they should simply have their chat access removed. Because surely refusing to go into chit chat to talk about stuff that isn't relevent or appropriate to the rocktv site is judt chlidish. rockstv is a business not a support group and surely if rocks did reintroduce the chit chat room then people should be grateful that they have provided somewhere for people to have their personal health etc chat. it goes above and beyond in my opinion for rocks to go out of their way to provide a service like that for their customers, especially when said customers are driving others away!

surely if people refuse to use the chit chat room for their personal chat then they should simply have their chat access removed. Because surely refusing to go into chit chat to talk about stuff that isn't relevent or appropriate to the rocktv site is judt chlidish. rockstv is a business not a support group and surely if rocks did reintroduce the chit chat room then people should be grateful that they have provided somewhere for people to have their personal health etc chat. it goes above and beyond in my opinion for rocks to go out of their way to provide a service like that for their customers, especially when said customers are driving others away!

Last time chit chat was reinstated a few people threw their toys out of their prams and asked for their baskets to be emptied and refused to buy from then again. They did reappear in chat when they realised that Rocks would not meet their demands to remove chit chat. If chatter's don't want to abide by Rocks rules then it's quite simple, don't use the chatroom. I think the 2 rooms will solve all the problems.

Maybe Rocks could send a polite email to everyone reminding them of the rules of the chatrooms, especially for new chatters as they probably haven't read them or know that they exist.

Last time chit chat was reinstated a few people threw their toys out of their prams and asked for their baskets to be emptied and refused to buy from then again. They did reappear in chat when they realised that Rocks would not meet their demands to remove chit chat. If chatter's don't want to abide by Rocks rules then it's quite simple, don't use the chatroom. I think the 2 rooms will solve all the problems.

Maybe Rocks could send a polite email to everyone reminding them of the rules of the chatrooms, especially for new chatters as they probably haven't read them or know that they exist.

think your right amf, 2 rooms would solve the problem and an email to people is a great idea

just my opinion..can't see it

Just my thoughts and opinion...

I can't see a 2nd room being brought back for the 3rd time is going to be anytime soon, when it obviously hadn't worked out twice before...

Mirabelle xx

Just my thoughts and opinion...

I can't see a 2nd room being brought back for the 3rd time is going to be anytime soon, when it obviously hadn't worked out twice before...

Mirabelle xx

It didn't work out because chatters refused to use the chit chat room even though they were asked many times to use it for off topic chat. If chatters wanted to discuss personal & health issues etc then they should have respected Rocks request to do so in chit chat.

It didn't work out because chatters refused to use the chit chat room even though they were asked many times to use it for off topic chat. If chatters wanted to discuss personal & health issues etc then they should have respected Rocks request to do so in chit chat.
Well it appears that a few spoil it for the majority then?? If Steve provides 2 chatrooms once again and a few attention seekers do not abide by the rules and contain their personal stuff to the correct room, then imho they should just be banned full stop. That may sound harsh but if it was my business I wouldn't be held over a barrel by a few individuals who think they can do as they like.

I think the reason the second room didn't work first time was because you couldn't interact with the presenters at all from that room...people used it a bit at first, but it peter'd out quite quickly. The behaviour the second time with people threatening to empty their baskets was just absurd and absolutely preposterous in my opinion! I agree with you whole heartedly, PinkPussyCat, and again I think it happened because you couldn't interact with the presenter.

I think Rocks have a tough call. I think that there are those who would again spit the dummy, and the last thing Rocks want to do is lose customers, so they have to be so careful! I don't envy them this one, I can tell you because at the end of the day they need to do something to appease all the people who are being put off by the chat!

They did use it amf...it just died off, it wasn't used enough to warrant it and like I said that was twice they gave it a go..
If they do decide to give it a 3rd try we can only see how long that would last
chatters stay there to do just that while awaiting the piece of jewelery that catches their eye..when in the other room chitchatting they would miss it.
that was another reason people didnt use it.... I was just wondering did you ever use the chit room amf? :) I did and to be honest didn't care for it much.

If we keep finding niggles and faults all the time we may lose chat alltogether! although it's one of Rocks best features, it may not be worth their while to continue with it! which would be a shame.

Mirabelle xx

Last edited:
I think the situation is totally different now. Chatters won't be missing anything this time around, now that requests and interaction with a presenter are no longer available. I don't see why any right thinking person would object to chatting in a chit-chat section now, unless I'm missing anything. If you need Mirabelle's/or Help staff assistance then presumably you are seriously watching the jewellery, a newbie, or have some jewellery related difficulty. As long as folk are sensible (?lol) then I'm sure brief off topics will be fine with everyone, anything more and a little nudge into chit-chat shouldn't be a problem. Newbies (decent ones) should be able to slot into the system very easily, not having been spoilt in the past.

It may take a little getting used to, but since you can buy from chit-chat or hop back when you've done chit-chatting then what's the problem (I accept I may have missed something)? With reams of nonsense/too personal chit-chat removed, then chat would be much easier to follow for everyone.

Mirabelle will simply just not be allowed to leave her post unmanned :mysmilie_61: thus keeping everyone happy. xxxxx

PS - I didn't know you couldn't buy from the old chit-chat Myra, perhaps that aspect could be fixed. If not, then I would concede that there is no point in its presence. x

Last edited:
People didn't like using the Chit room because they couldn't natter to the presenter...that's what it came down to. I recall many a time that came up and people said that they would use it if the presenter could see it.

As Argey says, doesn't make any difference now as the presenter can't see chat anyway....I really do think some people will hissy again though!!! Shame really, I mean it would appear that there are those who really don't know when they're well off!!

I think the reason the second room didn't work first time was because you couldn't interact with the presenters at all from that room...people used it a bit at first, but it peter'd out quite quickly. The behaviour the second time with people threatening to empty their baskets was just absurd and absolutely preposterous in my opinion! I agree with you whole heartedly, PinkPussyCat, and again I think it happened because you couldn't interact with the presenter.

I think Rocks have a tough call. I think that there are those who would again spit the dummy, and the last thing Rocks want to do is lose customers, so they have to be so careful! I don't envy them this one, I can tell you because at the end of the day they need to do something to appease all the people who are being put off by the chat!

Unfortunately, as we all know, you simply can't please all the people, all the time (although Rocks have had a jolly good try) and so I think that perhaps Rocks should take the bull by the horns, make some final decisions to the benefit of the majority and stay with them. If they allow themselves to be held to ransom, the system will never settle. xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back