Back to you qvc fb page.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

But you mentioned supplying an email address when you join a group so I thought you meant they used her email she supplied when she joined BTY.

QVC social media team will only have had her name, they cannot access anything else unless you provide them further details!!!

Well I`m due an operation in March so I`ll expect you all to pass the hat round and I dislike dark chocolates, oh and I`m not keen on Chrysanthemums either lol

Now I wonder will the dandelions be out by then??? If they are I will send you a bunch!!! :mysmilie_17:

I'm getting bogged down in this. People were outraged and asking how QVC knew who she was, had she been nominated by someone etc. I assumed that QVC were able to contact this woman via the details she supplied on their Facebook page and cross referencing them with her name (which she gave with her post) and their customer records. Clearly QVC's act of kindness has stirred up all sorts of emotions with people and it's not pretty. Not their best move methinks but is that only because people are quite mean because someone has got something they haven't?

Sorry for any confusion BB. When you join Facebook you have to give your name and a legitimate email linked to an IP address. That's how they can track down trolls etc. So QVC didn't need to have this lady recommended to them for an act of kindness. It appears that they did itff their own bat, but it has stirred up a lot of emtions in people. If QVC continue in the future to carry out acts of kindness in response to posts on their Facebook page, then other people may well find themselves the lucky recipient. However, this will be open to abuse as I'm sure some people will post all sorts of outrageous claims about their health so as to get some flowers and chocs. Surely QVC must have known their single act of kindness would not go down well with the masses?

QVC cannot access a customers details from Facebook, all they will know is peoples names, they cannot access your account to get your address without being provided with further details, your name alone is not enough!!! Given this lady's name is fairly common I cannot believe they could track her down just from her name, me on the otherhand they could, as I am the only person who exists with my name, but generally this is not the case.

So it still looks like QVC had "help" with this random act of kindness!!

Another random act of kindness which only last week happened to a lady on the BTY group.

The YBF shows a blond lady was picked to appear as a QVC member who uses the brand. Good for this lady getting the chance, but Stacey does do questions and answers etc on the BTY group.

QVC and Random Acts Of Kindness do not belong in the same sentence.

I have read on the QVC FB(I am blocked so cannot post on it:mysmilie_17:), people suggesting giving customers an easy pay code for their birthday. The silence has always been deafening. The occasional, we do not do this.

How come they blocked you? Ive heard from quite a few people they have been blocked.

How come they blocked you? Ive heard from quite a few people they have been blocked.

Something to do with Dennis Basso, woman complained about the coat she bought. I posted he was only interest in those who bought his real fur, another woman said it was none of my business. I said I could post as it was a public forum. The weird part was it was like 4-5 weeks later and suddenly I could not post or like.

Donna255, the group's rules say

"Since this group is connected and publicised on QVC UK, we ask members to be conscious of that and know that any posts or comments which conflict with the interests of Debbie Flint, or other QVC presenters, guest presenters and QVC will be kindly removed (eg encouraging people not to buy from QVC or slating any personal aspect of the on air personell or criticising style or manner of presentation in a disrespectful way or anything else which would be deemed disrespectful by regular members of the group, will be removed. We do not as a rule ban members but flagrant flouting of the house rules will result in a ban if the admin find the comments nasty and unecessary."

You clearly don't think you said anything wrong but your comment that 'Basso is only interest in those who bought his real fur' is critical of him and his character so it seems clear to me that you flouted the rules. Those of you who are determined to think the worst and have become disenchanted with QVC and its associated social media groups, must vote with your feet, and veto the channel, tell them that is what you are doing, and don't buy anything else.

Anybody seen " Fifty shades of rules and regulations unbridled ?". I reckon it could be a best seller for people who like to read the backs of sauce bottles or somesuch.

Something to do with Dennis Basso, woman complained about the coat she bought. I posted he was only interest in those who bought his real fur, another woman said it was none of my business. I said I could post as it was a public forum. The weird part was it was like 4-5 weeks later and suddenly I could not post or like.

Oh nice one!! Hate Basso so well done :mysmilie_3:

Donna255, the group's rules say

"Since this group is connected and publicised on QVC UK, we ask members to be conscious of that and know that any posts or comments which conflict with the interests of Debbie Flint, or other QVC presenters, guest presenters and QVC will be kindly removed (eg encouraging people not to buy from QVC or slating any personal aspect of the on air personell or criticising style or manner of presentation in a disrespectful way or anything else which would be deemed disrespectful by regular members of the group, will be removed. We do not as a rule ban members but flagrant flouting of the house rules will result in a ban if the admin find the comments nasty and unecessary."

You clearly don't think you said anything wrong but your comment that 'Basso is only interest in those who bought his real fur' is critical of him and his character so it seems clear to me that you flouted the rules. Those of you who are determined to think the worst and have become disenchanted with QVC and its associated social media groups, must vote with your feet, and veto the channel, tell them that is what you are doing, and don't buy anything else.

It was QVC Facebook page I was banned from, never been a member of Back To You.

Plenty on the QVC FB call Basso the Butcher and never get banned.

Donna, for your information, and the amusement of others, the QVC Facebook group rules.

House rules: Our Facebook page is a safe and open forum where fans can share their opinions on QVC, which we ask that you all respect. We will only delete comments if they contain the following:

• Personal attacks or derogatory comments about other QVC Facebook fans, presenters, guests or QVC staff
• Swearing, name-calling or abusive language
• Racist, sexist, homophobic comments or those that are otherwise deemed offensive
• Links or references to unsuitable material
• Viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted files, active code or any other materials that could contaminate or damage another person's computer
• Any spamming
• Anything potentially identifiable as bullying
• Political or belief statements

We also reserve the right in our discretion to suspend or remove the privileges of our fans who breach these house rules. Our page is intended to be a place where people can come and have a chat about QVC and share hints and tips. We love to see the discussions on our page but would ask that nothing that has the potential to cause offence is posted and that you remain respectful to one another."

'Derogatory comments about presenters, guests ......." these rules couldn't be much clearer to anyone, but I concede it is a mystery why some comments have remained and others removed. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. I've seen the sarky ridiculing comments towards me, but I'd rather know what I'm talking about than look foolish because I haven't informed myself. And I'd rather inform someone than let them continue to look foolish in their ignorance.

Donna, for your information, and the amusement of others, the QVC Facebook group rules.

House rules: Our Facebook page is a safe and open forum where fans can share their opinions on QVC, which we ask that you all respect. We will only delete comments if they contain the following:

• Personal attacks or derogatory comments about other QVC Facebook fans, presenters, guests or QVC staff
• Swearing, name-calling or abusive language
• Racist, sexist, homophobic comments or those that are otherwise deemed offensive
• Links or references to unsuitable material
• Viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted files, active code or any other materials that could contaminate or damage another person's computer
• Any spamming
• Anything potentially identifiable as bullying
• Political or belief statements

We also reserve the right in our discretion to suspend or remove the privileges of our fans who breach these house rules. Our page is intended to be a place where people can come and have a chat about QVC and share hints and tips. We love to see the discussions on our page but would ask that nothing that has the potential to cause offence is posted and that you remain respectful to one another."

'Derogatory comments about presenters, guests ......." these rules couldn't be much clearer to anyone, but I concede it is a mystery why some comments have remained and others removed. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. I've seen the sarky ridiculing comments towards me, but I'd rather know what I'm talking about than look foolish because I haven't informed myself. And I'd rather inform someone than let them continue to look foolish in their ignorance.

Perhaps, in your defence of the BTY facebook page, you can elucidate upon the reasons for my being blocked from the group, when all I said was 1. posts are quite often removed; 2. comments can be quite fawning.
I was not defaming anyone, or anything. I insulted or offended no-one. Summarily, I was IN NO WAY, in contravention of the rules.
I am sure the other people who have been banned, without knowing why, would appreciate your logical input.
My remarks were made on this forum, not the BTY fb page. In effect, I have been blocked, for voicing an opinion, on another site. Does she think she is the internet police?:mysmilie_11::mysmilie_51:

Last edited:
Its interesting that comments about Jill Franks are made quite a bit, someone called her vile. Yet they still are on posting and others who agreed also post. Actually I found it rather funny being blocked it did take them over a month. Not even a message saying you have been blocked for the following reasons. Its not even if I called the cupid stunt who decided to jump in with her comments and bitching at me one.:mysmilie_15:

Louise, first of all, let me make it clear that I am not a member of the BTY group or QVC's official Facebook page. I defend no-one but simply asked people if they really hadn't flouted any rules. In fact, I wasn't going to comment further on this thread but I am respecting the fact that you have asked me for my input.

I have discovered that anyone who sets up a group can, regardless of published rules, remove posts and ban anyone they choose. It's their group, they can clearly do what they want! Any decent person would give you a proper reason for being banned or a post removed but yes, she is the internet police of her own group! Who knows, she might have read comments you have made on here and decided she would rather not have you on her group! I have no affiliation to any of these groups. And if I was a 'victim' of unfair treatment I would not regret not being part of such a group. Having read stuff on here I was curious as to what had gone on and read the BTY and QVC FB group posts for myself. My personal experience is that of the ITV's Loose Women programme's Facebook page. People have been up in arms because lots of posts have been removed for no apparent reason. It seemed as if some people's comments were removed whilst other, dodgy, remarks remained. People have complained to the television company and asked for a reason and have been told that there is no censorship as such etc. but yet posts have been removed. There might be a technical issue but an issue which removes multiple posts needs looking at I feel. As I said, algorithms are used which pick up on particular words and phrases and delete. I decided it was a waste of time to bother with the Loose Women forum and I don't. Just forget about a group which you have reservations about, do you really want to be part of it anyway? I thought I might be helping here but I have been ridiculed by some replies and I don't propose to stand around here getting more of the same. I am sorry I cannot be of any further assistance to you and as they say on Dragons' Den 'I'm out'.

Its interesting that comments about Jill Franks are made quite a bit, someone called her vile. Yet they still are on posting and others who agreed also post. Actually I found it rather funny being blocked it did take them over a month. Not even a message saying you have been blocked for the following reasons. Its not even if I called the cupid stunt who decided to jump in with her comments and bitching at me one.:mysmilie_15:

Donna, as I have said, people who own and run groups can do what they want. We might never know the reason why they make these decisions, which is frustrating for the recipient, but that's it I'm afraid, nothing you can do about it. Set your own Facebook group up and you can slag them off to your heart's content.

Donna, as I have said, people who own and run groups can do what they want. We might never know the reason why they make these decisions, which is frustrating for the recipient, but that's it I'm afraid, nothing you can do about it. Set your own Facebook group up and you can slag them off to your heart's content.

Respectfully, I do not think it is anyone's intention, to "slag off" either the BTY group, or page. It would expend too much energy and, I am sure, we all have better things to do with our time. I am off work with flu atm, or wouldn't have either the time, or the inclination, to post so frequently.

Latest posts

Back