Back to you qvc fb page.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC said on its Facebook page "Hi all, we really didn’t want to but we’ve unfortunately had to remove some comments from this thread as per our House Rules. Our random act of kindness was just that. We saw a post on our page and decided to do something nice. Just to clarify again, no involvement in groups etc. was taken in to consideration. We love all our customers and it’s something we may do again. We hope this now clears things up for you all."

It's quite simple: you either believe QVC's comment - or not. I would rather take the comment at face value than have steam coming out of my ears at some perceived injustice.

The Back To You Group Rules
Since this group is connected and publicised on QVC UK, we ask members to be conscious of that and know that any posts or comments which conflict with the interests of Debbie Flint, or other QVC presenters, guest presenters and QVC will be kindly removed (eg encouraging people not to buy from QVC or slating any personal aspect of the on air personell or criticising style or manner of presentation in a disrespectful way or anything else which would be deemed disrespectful by regular members of the group, will be removed. We do not as a rule ban members but flagrant flouting of the house rules will result in a ban if the admin find the comments nasty and unecessary. This does Not mean you have to agree with everything on this group. It just means be respectful. Regarding personal blogs, you can post a weekly update on them, if no-one else objects to its content, and we ask that the content remain personal and not publicise conflicting businesses nor be perceived to be one big advert to sell stuff! I know you'll understand. Any questions or queries just ask Sharon or Debbie by PM absolutely no negative nastiness please! To each other, about others or unhelpful comments.
Obviously it's not possible to do any direct plugs for businesses group members run - preferably chatty links and posts rather than peppering the group with link after link for products and plugs for your own sites. Do feel free to start your own group and invite people, but I'm sure you know why it's not possible on a group QVC are allowing to be featured on air! Many thanks!"

Ask yourselves if you have slagged Debbie Flint off, or her book, or said and done anything else that is a contravention of the above rules which will have led to being banned.

Regarding finding out the details of the woman who received the flowers and gifts, anyone joining a Facebook group has to provide a legitimate email address, and given that she stated her name, QVC will have had no trouble identifying her from their customer records.

"disrespectful'', ''flagrant flouting", "nasty", "unnecessary" could not be applied to any post I made on the BTY page. I have never criticised DF, on any forum; I like her as a presenter. To block me was, imo, rather over protective and, to borrow Toril's adjective, quite sycophantic. At least shoppingtelly.com, thanks to Graham et al, is an independent forum which, whilst intolerant of abusive behaviour, respects good old fashioned democracy. I think we are probably affording the group, more attention than it deserves. I only joined the group, to be able to ask questions about products, not because I was one of the show's devoted fans. I think I saw it once! Perhaps therein lies the problem?

Regarding finding out the details of the woman who received the flowers and gifts, anyone joining a Facebook group has to provide a legitimate email address, and given that she stated her name, QVC will have had no trouble identifying her from their customer records.

So she did get the flowers because she's a member of the Back to You Group?

So she did get the flowers because she's a member of the Back to You Group?

No, she didn't! if you read QVC's reply to the questioning posts on the QVC Facebook page, they state quite clearly that their act of kindness had nothing to do with the Back To You Facebook page and confirmed that they saw her post on the QVC Facebook page and consequently decided to carry out an act of kindness. I bet the woman wishes she'd never posted at all!

Last edited:
Louise66 said "disrespectful'', ''flagrant flouting", "nasty", "unnecessary" could not be applied to any post I made on the BTY page. I have never criticised DF, on any forum; I like her as a presenter. To block me was, imo, rather over protective and, to borrow Toril's adjective, quite sycophantic. At least shoppingtelly.com, thanks to Graham et al, is an independent forum which, whilst intolerant of abusive behaviour, respects good old fashioned democracy. I think we are probably affording the group, more attention than it deserves. I only joined the group, to be able to ask questions about products, not because I was one of the show's devoted fans. I think I saw it once! Perhaps therein lies the problem?

In that case, I have no idea why you have encountered problems.

Louise66 said "disrespectful'', ''flagrant flouting", "nasty", "unnecessary" could not be applied to any post I made on the BTY page. I have never criticised DF, on any forum; I like her as a presenter. To block me was, imo, rather over protective and, to borrow Toril's adjective, quite sycophantic. At least shoppingtelly.com, thanks to Graham et al, is an independent forum which, whilst intolerant of abusive behaviour, respects good old fashioned democracy. I think we are probably affording the group, more attention than it deserves. I only joined the group, to be able to ask questions about products, not because I was one of the show's devoted fans. I think I saw it once! Perhaps therein lies the problem?

In that case, I have no idea why you have encountered problems.

Me, neither.

Do we think this is the woman who buys the zillion of Kipling bags? If so, it's the least they could do for the poor deluded woman.

No, she didn't! if you read QVC's reply to the questioning posts on the QVC Facebook page, they state quite clearly that their act of kindness had nothing to do with the Back To You Facebook page and confirmed that they saw her post on the QVC Facebook page and consequently decided to carry out an act of kindness. I bet the woman wishes she'd never posted at all!

But you mentioned supplying an email address when you join a group so I thought you meant they used her email she supplied when she joined BTY.

I don't do FB of any kind so will some kind member monitor the various illnesses posted in an attempt to outdo each other to be the next "lucky recipient " of something out of Q clearance.'

Well I`m due an operation in March so I`ll expect you all to pass the hat round and I dislike dark chocolates, oh and I`m not keen on Chrysanthemums either lol

But you mentioned supplying an email address when you join a group so I thought you meant they used her email she supplied when she joined BTY.

I'm getting bogged down in this. People were outraged and asking how QVC knew who she was, had she been nominated by someone etc. I assumed that QVC were able to contact this woman via the details she supplied on their Facebook page and cross referencing them with her name (which she gave with her post) and their customer records. Clearly QVC's act of kindness has stirred up all sorts of emotions with people and it's not pretty. Not their best move methinks but is that only because people are quite mean because someone has got something they haven't?

I don't do FB of any kind so will some kind member monitor the various illnesses posted in an attempt to outdo each other to be the next "lucky recipient " of something out of Q clearance.'

Twitter alert! Gillian has Tweeted the Skechers show to say she has broken her ankle and dislocated her foot.

Well I`m due an operation in March so I`ll expect you all to pass the hat round and I dislike dark chocolates, oh and I`m not keen on Chrysanthemums either lol

I'm going in for tests next week so I'll have the dark chocs but no flowers. In fact a wee big of jewellery would really perk me up!

Smoke Screens

Ah the woman must be delirious with the power on facebook! I will never buy from another show she is on. Her treatment of QVC customers is at the will of her paranoia and her hench woman! Hence lots being removed for no reason at all. The sooner QVC see what's really going on the better. You don't have to scratch the surface much to find there is a nasty undercurrent to them both ..

I'm getting bogged down in this. People were outraged and asking how QVC knew who she was, had she been nominated by someone etc. I assumed that QVC were able to contact this woman via the details she supplied on their Facebook page and cross referencing them with her name (which she gave with her post) and their customer records. Clearly QVC's act of kindness has stirred up all sorts of emotions with people and it's not pretty. Not their best move methinks but is that only because people are quite mean because someone has got something they haven't?

Ah that's where you confused me, the QVC page is a page not a group so you don't have to join. As you mentioned joining a group I thought you meant BTU. BTW I'm not outraged or mean merely curious.

No one is saying the woman should not have received the flowers. BUT!!!! The fact this rather strange random act of kindness from QVC(sorry but I have the urge to p*ss myself laughing at the mere idea), is a member of BTY. DF and her bestie Sharon Harvey (she who was bought the BCC Joan Collins Auction which had to be cancelled by QVC and BCC lost the money), is an admin on the group is all rather strange.

Ah that's where you confused me, the QVC page is a page not a group so you don't have to join. As you mentioned joining a group I thought you meant BTU. BTW I'm not outraged or mean merely curious.

Sorry for any confusion BB. When you join Facebook you have to give your name and a legitimate email linked to an IP address. That's how they can track down trolls etc. So QVC didn't need to have this lady recommended to them for an act of kindness. It appears that they did itff their own bat, but it has stirred up a lot of emtions in people. If QVC continue in the future to carry out acts of kindness in response to posts on their Facebook page, then other people may well find themselves the lucky recipient. However, this will be open to abuse as I'm sure some people will post all sorts of outrageous claims about their health so as to get some flowers and chocs. Surely QVC must have known their single act of kindness would not go down well with the masses?

The words QVC and random act of kindness are an oxymoron. The moron part is particularly apt in this case.

I'm with you Donna, I don't believe a word of it, unless we hear of this happening en mass in pre social media days I will never be convinced it is not all a put up job.

Latest posts

Back