Anything good lately?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We don't know half the story, let alone the full story, of Graham and QVC. I prefer to act on facts than emotion. That's why I am still shopping with Q.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I think we knew a fair bit of wots happend dont u? and none of it sounds like Grahams fault but each to there own

We all seen part of the e mail reinstating him on Christmas Eve, and then 4 or 5 days later taking him of the scheme, which was

very harsh . unfair and no explanation given , and no correspondence as to why they'd raised his hopes and then cruelly dumped

him again. IMO thats all i need to know, thats the wickedest, cruelest thing ive ever seen done to someone. Oh yes Graham we

welcome you back on Christmas Eve, then 5 days later you're of the programmne again (never mind why) cause we say so . You

can't and shouldn't treat people like that

Well Q must have made a huge profit out of me last year, at least all of ten quid out of my total spend of £42 but we all have the right to spend where we darned well please, whether its at Q or not. On average 9 or 10 people might write on the Q thread at any given time and whatever those 9 or 10 people spend with Q is a drop in the ocean to them. We`re all savvy enough to use the tinternet to look for what we want and we regularly say when we`ve bought something from other online retailers. The issues between Graham and Q are exactly that ie. between Graham and Q, we are here to voice our concerns for Graham and ST but at the end of the day we can`t sort it for Graham. Its his business not ours.

I just received my order of the bareMinerals Ready Foundation and have to say I'm loving it so far!
I wear Fairly Light in the loose foundation and went for light 170 in this and the colour is perfect for me. It applies easily and gives a good coverage, a fuller coverage than one layer of the loose stuff. I used a small kabuki brush that I already had (from genie) and it worked perfectly so I won't be shelling out for their brush. Not had it on long so time will tell regarding longevity but so first impressions are very good :happy:
Definitely a QVC purchase I'm pleased with!

I will shop where I please. Usually where I believe I am getting the best price I can. Yes, sometimes it us Q. Many times it isn't.

I will be supportive to the best of my ability.

I too am aware that we only have half the story.

If I were to boycott every single company that has ever behaved badly towards someone then I would shop nowhere, and own nothing.

The only boycott I have that effects Q is Basso.

Do you still need to buff buff buff tangerine?

Not really. It goes on heavier than loose minerals so you kind of sweep it with a brush and get instant coverage, like you would with liquid foundation. It doesn't come with a sponge but I may try using a make up sponge to apply as I think you would get good results.

Can I ask what seche vite is, I have just grown my nails, after years of biting them, and you wouldnt believe how many people have asked if they are real, they are quite long now, not a big achievement if you've always had nails but I am so proud of them, I have been using nail envy and swear by it, but the other day I broke one and nearly cried, so wondered, how I could do a repair if it happens again, until it grows back.

Seche vite is a quick dry top coat that can be used on wet or dry nails. Its very thick almost gel like and gives a very glossy finish. My only. word of caution is that about half way through the bottle it starts to go gloopy . Its my favourite top coat.

Not sure about the repair solution but will be interested to hear the answer. I also want to cry when i break a nail. Sad but true.

Last edited:
LucyLoo - It looks plasticy as I have 4 coats on that nail, but it's held the split together for 2 weeks and I haven't changed it. lol You can buy3pack SecheVite at Q for a better price than 1 or the 2pack. LELover's right, it's fab. :heart:

I am the queen of repairing broken nails. I even repair nails for the girls at work! Now if its broken off completely then there's nothing you can do. If it a tear then it can be saved. It's not a guarantee and you may well have to repair more than once AND it is not invisible but its ****** good.

You need a polish free nail and its best to use nail glue. The easiest glue to use comes with a brush. Tear off a tiny piece that is slightly wider than the split and a few millimetres high. Brush a smidge of glue on to the nail. Be really careful to use very little. Pick up the tissue with the brush and pop it on to the split. Use a folded tissue to press down onto the nail ... folded so much that the glue can't come through to your fingers! If when you take the folded tissue off a little excess tissue is stuck on then all to the good. Another slick of nail and leave it for several minutes to dry completely then buff. Job done.

The danger zone is when the nail splits right down at the tip of the finger. Once you grow it past there you can grow it out completely.

To keep the repair in place use acetone free polish remover. To remove the repair use polish remover with acetone.

In this pic taken before Christmas the middle finger nail is repaired. I'm just wearing clear polish so you can see how well it works.

image.jpg

I find that a piece cut from a teabag works v well with brush-on nail glue as a nail bandage..you have to sacrifice the teabag, don't try it with a soggy used one!

Jude xx

Jude I can never get the bliddy teabag to stick!! I've tried a few times. Kitchen towel is another good option but tissue is the least noticeable.

Gorjuss!!!

Oooh Tinkerbelle, Snarly is jealous - your nails are fab-u-lous! Are they real? What products do you use? Or am I too cheeky?!? btw, your latest avatar looks 'Angelic'.

Definitely real Snarly. The middle one was busted in that pic. I use Nail Envy but I also take the Boots hair, skin and nails supplement. Not cheeky at all.

"Angelic" isn't one of mine. It's a friend's Bengal. He's lying flat on his back, staring into space.

Thanks, Tinky. One pill DownMyGullet already. Hopefully this will help with the ridges and splits. :heart: x Thnarly

It should do Snarly. My nails were fab before I was diagnosed with this and that. I ended up taking a lot of meds and my nails really suffered. My hair and skin are drier too. The supplement really helps but it takes a while. It's not a quick fix. If I go for a few weeks without taking it then it shows. I've just run out so need to buy more at the weekend.

Hi Tinks could you please tell me if the hair & nail supplement is veggie ? thanks

Latest posts

Back