Antony from the 'hood

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The cap's not so bad, although I can't decide whether is has a ska look or a police officer hat look about it. Then he's wearing a grey jacket with epaulettes and stuff hanging from it, some ill-matched checked trousers and some strange shoes that look like something Spatz from Bugsy Malone would wear. Really this Anttttttthony looks like he's just popped in on the way to a Village People lookalike contest!

Ant n Pip :mysmilie_17:

Wearing the cap as an homage to a marching band who wore them when he played the tuba in one at school apparently. They were better than his band.

Some of the striped tops with dippy hems remind me of the modal things by Yong Kim.

14 thousand and counting.

I think a lot can be laid at the door of Antthony's personal appeal. Plus the fact that it is not embellished, not patterned, and actually looks better on the larger models than the smaller... as witnessed by the fact that the bigger sizes are the ones which are all on waitlist.

Yesterday my son happened to be home during an earlier show and he thought Antthony was dressed as Michael Jackson in his Thriller days but with a Scottish hat. The jacket was orange shiney material and black trousers with chains hanging down.

That's it then! Definitely a member of The Village People - well, sounds like he's every member of The Village People, come to that! Wasn't there a construction worker as well? Perhaps he'll be in that gear later on..

When l put the repeat on this morning the silly sod was dressed like a cowboy!! Bless him he just loves dressing up!

Yesterday my son happened to be home during an earlier show and he thought Antthony was dressed as Michael Jackson in his Thriller days but with a Scottish hat. The jacket was orange shiney material and black trousers with chains hanging down.

He was dressed like MJ. Do like him & some of his clothes are good! :mysmilie_8:

why does he do it ?

Sorry, I know lots of you think Anttony is 'fun', but honestly, dressing up as Sherlock Holmes !!!!! not my idea of fun, more likely deranged to come on tv looking like you've raided the fancy dress box. He's a grown man for God's sake, not some kid who wants to dress up as Spiderman. Maybe its me - perhaps I ought to go to the Co-op tomorrow dressed as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz !!!!

I'm sorry I missed it! Antthony is fun, to me. I love his playfulness... I just wish he'd extend his creativity somewhat to the clothes he designs for women. I would hate it if he toned down and became sensible and grown up. There are plenty of folk already doing that. He clearly doesn't take himself too seriously.

Having now seen him, I think he's clearly been playing with plaids this visit. He looks good. He has a dressing up box rather than a wardrobe, or a suitcase, I think. It just means each day getting dressed must be very exciting and inspiring for him. I hope he's as nice as he comes across on air. If so, I think he would be fun to work with/for.

Last edited:
He looks like he`s escaped from a Cosplay convention. Frankly I find him and his silly outfits annoying.

I flicked over in an ad break and caught the full Sherlock Holmes. WTF!!!! Was my first thought, is he about to introduce us to his Doctor Watson was next?

For some reason I think back home in the US he only dresses like this at home, out at work etc its safe normal clothes. He comes over here and whips out the costumes as he imagines we will love it.

How can anyone buy clothes from a range where you are P*ssing yourself laughing at the designer? Harrold now he was fun dressed in his own style but not costumes, oh and his clothes were high quality very well made.

He looks like he`s escaped from a Cosplay convention. Frankly I find him and his silly outfits annoying.44

Ditto! I think he is harmless, but all I can see is a proper prat, I was pleased when Harrold disappeared with his dressing up box. I just feel embarrassed for them both.

If he wants to dress up as a fictional character, there are plenty to choose from in the Hollywood archives.

Latest posts

Back