Antony from the 'hood

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ah well, we pay for what we get.

Just taken delivery of the TSV and has to be ironed within an inch of its life - looks and feels like a thin dishrag. It fits ok but you need the arms of an orang-utan to reach the pockets on the waistcoat. For almost £40 inc p & p the quality is not great compared to the feel and finish of say Join - (it grieves me to say there IS a difference) - and to say market stall with a label on is not far from the truth.

Like most of the fashion on Q, this is made in the far east - Vietnam. I really find it hard to believe that these 'designers' pore over their drawing boards coming up with such simple garments that anyone of us could put together, yet do the touchy feely gloating about how beuuuuutiful and amaaaaazing it is on air. You or I could pick up a £10.99 garment off the market rail and give exactly the same spiel and who'd be the wiser ?

The more I see of this 'stuff' the more I'm convinced that there IS a pick and mix warehouse just waiting for these 'designers' to slap on their own labels.

So, so agree with what you say, brissles. I don't watch a lot of Q, but some of the clothing I've seen I could definitely make better myself, with my limited dressmaking skills. And even on screen you can tell the quality of the material just isn't there - dishrag is an apt description of a lot of the material used in their garments. I would think that one wash or dry clean and you'd be wearing a dress as a vest or bra. The workers who produce these "designer fashion" items(?) are probably being paid a pittance, and someone is making megabucks from this stuff that is churned out.
Ah well, we pay for what we get.

Just taken delivery of the TSV and has to be ironed within an inch of its life - looks and feels like a thin dishrag. It fits ok but you need the arms of an orang-utan to reach the pockets on the waistcoat. For almost £40 inc p & p the quality is not great compared to the feel and finish of say Join - (it grieves me to say there IS a difference) - and to say market stall with a label on is not far from the truth.

Like most of the fashion on Q, this is made in the far east - Vietnam. I really find it hard to believe that these 'designers' pore over their drawing boards coming up with such simple garments that anyone of us could put together, yet do the touchy feely gloating about how beuuuuutiful and amaaaaazing it is on air. You or I could pick up a £10.99 garment off the market rail and give exactly the same spiel and who'd be the wiser ?

The more I see of this 'stuff' the more I'm convinced that there IS a pick and mix warehouse just waiting for these 'designers' to slap on their own labels.

I think Antthony's fashion designs, and the quality, have declined markedly since he joined the portfolio of fashion brands.

Kim & Co quality seems to be holding up well (some of the prints are truely vile though), but the long-standing brands are all to frequently falling short on both designs which are pleasing, the quality of the fabrics used, and the quality of the fit and finish.

Even though I think he is a genuine guy, I can't listen to him for more than a few minutes as he talks to quick for my brain to process what he is saying and whilst as I say he seems genuine even though his clothes choices seem a bit eclectic as I say I can really listen to him for too long.

Latest posts

Back