Another 24 hours of being patronised by Margarine Burgervan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Last time I watched (granted, a long time ago), there was far too much camel toe on display. Put me right off my dinner.

I saw Margarine on earlier yesterday with back magic, you couldn't have compared two different bodies. Debbie didn't give a flip that she lay on her back and her boobs were pointing upwards! Margarine looked like she enjoyed lying on a piece of plastic wasn't convinced Debbie was, but amusing. JR on at 3 with pilates, can't wait!

Ps don't you hate pilates ads when she waffles on about sedentary 80 year olds doing pilates!

Last edited:
She's incredibly smug for sure. Apparently her 23 year old daughter "Skylar" presents Pilates on US telly. I can just imagine.....

I saw Margarine on earlier yesterday with back magic, you couldn't have compared two different bodies. Debbie didn't give a flip that she lay on her back and her boobs were pointing upwards! Margarine looked like she enjoyed lying on a piece of plastic wasn't convinced Debbie was, but amusing. JR on at 3 with pilates, can't wait!

Ps don't you hate pilates ads when she waffles on about sedentary 80 year olds doing pilates!

Lets see how long it takes for her to mention she has lost a lot of weight recently/put a bit on over christmas, is back on diet and is using pilates blah blah blah:yawn:

I looked in on the 11.00 am show:down: OMG Margerine looks older every time I see her, it really is not a good look at all and just looking at her makes me feel nauseous...she always wears the skimpiest of tops too, so that you can see every sinew:puke: She did however say that she blames all the jogging on hard pavements that she did which has definitely made her more wrinkly, and that she wishes she had never done it.

JOGGING MAKES YOU WRINKLY????????????????????????????

OMG the woman is nuts, totally nuts :mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_505::mysmilie_505::mysmilie_505::mysmilie_500::mysmilie_500::mysmilie_500::mysmilie_510::mysmilie_510::mysmilie_510::mysmilie_510::mysmilie_510:

well I think you can guess that amused me no end

thought I hat the quote from Dottiebird in there but it seems to have gone missing

Years ago there was a presenter on the Granada Reports programme--trevor something? anyway he was a normal not too skinny bloke who went on a diet and exercise health regime which he reported on every week as part of the programme.As the weeks went by he said how much better he was feeling and healthier too,all very good but I remember that after a few more weeks of this he started to look really haggard and old,he looked better before he started this health regime.He left not long after and I don't recall ever seeing him again,anyone else remember this?

She's hardly someone to wheel out as an example of how pilates can help you.

The woman has skin like a strange combination of old leather and beef jerky, and for someone who's apparently not that old she looks ancient and scrawny.

So, I may have the BMI of a small hippo, but at least I am happy in my own skin and am not depriving myself of what I enjoy most: good food when I want to have it.

There is no way that woman would inspire me to follow her example. I asked my husband to just watch the programme when she was on and say how old he thought she was - he said quite honestly in her seventies. I have many many friends in their late sixties who are not skinny, whose skin is hardly wrinkled and their arms in particular are nothing like the scrawny things she has. I also noticed Julia Roberts eyes today, goodness those bags were enormous, if that's what losing weight does for you I'd rather not bother. No use having a thin body with a face that looks decades older.

Nevermind Margarine patronising us , what really got me was Catherine H telling us QVC wouldn't mind if we sold our old pilates machine on Ebay and put the money towards the new upgraded model ??? !!!! Could not believe what I was hearing , I only watched for about 10 mins , more than enough after hearing that . Plus can't stand the way Margarine looks straight at the camera and spouts a load of clap trap , like she's found a cure for all the world's ills and we should all be grateful !!!

While I'm ranting , I do wish that bloke who's on the pilates machine showing off would slip and fall off lol , wonder what Margarine would say then about how safe it is for everyone to use !!!!

Nevermind Margarine patronising us , what really got me was Catherine H telling us QVC wouldn't mind if we sold our old pilates machine on Ebay and put the money towards the new upgraded model ??? !!!! Could not believe what I was hearing , I only watched for about 10 mins , more than enough after hearing that . Plus can't stand the way Margarine looks straight at the camera and spouts a load of clap trap , like she's found a cure for all the world's ills and we should all be grateful !!!

While I'm ranting , I do wish that bloke who's on the pilates machine showing off would slip and fall off lol , wonder what Margarine would say then about how safe it is for everyone to use !!!!

Talking of patronising, JR went one better she said that she had given Sophie (her daughter) her old pilates as she had had a new one last year,
Sophie has moved out of the family home and she is sharing a flat with someone else from qvc, did I need to hear that...No, am I interested...No

I was somewhat inspired by the possibilities of the pilates machine as I am as stiff as a board these days. I think Marj talks a lot of sense when she says that people who have injuries are frightened to exercise for fear of making their problems worse. I went on to ebay instead and bought a magic ring with a DVD for £12.99. If I use it alot then I might consider buying the pilates machine. Trouble is that I'll have to rearrange the sitting room to make room for it perhaps the upstairs landing?

(mum writes)

The best part of the boring day, was to see The Lump (not being rude, but she just sits like a lump during her shows) Jilly, cajoled into trying out the machine. She was sitting on what looked like a picnic coolbox, wearing a QVC sweatshirt. She got on, clinging to it for dear life and discovered she could barely move the machine. She did four little attempts and then got off. Apart from the fact that I found this amusing, despite how good the machines might be, how many do the same and then never use it again?

In my younger years, I used to have this giant elastic strip to exercise with and it was great and took up no space at all when it wasn't being used. I used to aerobics, dance, tai chi, swimming, squash - everything. And for what? To end up with bones riddled with osteoporosis, arthritis and almost constant pain. On the other side of the coin, my brother in law could do a good impression of Henry VIII at the latter stages of life. He eats like a horse, never moves a muscle, has great skin and all his hair and had his 77th birthday last week. Food for thought. Don't keep stressing about how much you weigh or how you look. Just enjoy life while you can. As the song says, it's later than you think.

Latest posts

Back